PKR JennyLynne- On the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I just said, at four weeks it still doesn't take much to wipe me out. It is a good feeling to be out and about, isn't it?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@JennyLynne, Congrats on your good Doctors visit. Please do not try to rush back to work. I am at 6 weeks now and still cannot even imagine trying to sit at my desk all day. I checked with my doc and all he said was "I can give you as much time as you need, those knees take a long time to heel. Continue with the elevation and ice.":ice:
 
Sounds like you are doing brilliantly JennyLynne, I'm off to see the Nurse at the surgery tomorrow to have the Aquacell dressing removed - I am so excited to have this done, its been so itchy.

Are you downstairs more now?
 
Hi @JennyLynne - just dropping in to give you the following information:) - This is a snapshot of where you are in the medically acknowledged healing phases.

The following is a link to an article which provides the science regarding the healing process beneath and around the implant and the approximate timeframes for our bodies healing phases and processes.

Healing Phases & Nutrition

Nutrition plays a huge part in surgical recovery, in fact it is one of the 'forgotten topics' of recovery..

This second link is to other nutritional articles which you may find interesting, including one relating to bone health.

Nutritional advice for pre op and recovery

This third link refers to my ongoing research..

nutritional-snippets-did-you-know

Feel free to tag me if you have any questions regarding nutrition.

However, I would appreciate if you (or any other member) do not request advice regards supplements as I would be breaking the Common Law Act (under which I am governed) to prescribe outside of my practice, especially via the Internet.
 
I appreciate the concern about me returning to work. I am not on disability, but rather working from home right now. I had hoped this time to be the "right" time to be gone, but a series of events occurred and it turned out to not be a good time to be gone, at all. I decided to still have surgery, knowing I couldn't wait any longer. I need to try to find a balance, but unfortunately it can't be all or none.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@jacs65 I usually go downstairs when my husband comes home from work, and the sitter leaves. It's hard because my 3 yr old is all over me when I'm on the couch!

I didn't have dressing. I'm sure it's will feel great to have it off!!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sounds like a productive day for you, @JennyLynne . I'm glad the car ride went well. Amazing how something as simple as a dr. appointment can tie you out! Hope you've rested and and can rest more tomorrow.
 
Dealing with broken sleep now. Grateful that I slept so well until now, which i really think was due to exhaustion and meds.

Now that I can move my leg more, I end up in uncomfortable positions that I can't get out of without my leg strap. And then I can't fall back asleep.

Dreamt last night that I was sleeping on my side.... Dreams about sleeping! Maybe it's time to try the side at last??!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey try roasted peanut, I get the kind in the shell .LOL worked for me with the constipation. Also had the left knee, so driving is not that bad. Just getting that left knee in the car LOL. I can tell it will take longer with the right knee.
 
I did pretty well getting in the passenger side yesterday, using my right leg to hoist the left. Hope it's as easy on the driver side!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JennyLynne , glad things are looking up and I hope you are able to manage your return to work slowly and gradually. That sleep is the thing though, isn't it?

Remember that you have a friend in Wichita when you come to visit the company that owns the world!

Roxie
 
@JennyLynne I have managed to sleep on my side, not completely on my side more of a little rotation with a cushion or pillow between knees. But like you sleep is a real issue and currently I am not getting much at all at the moment.
 
@Kansas Teacher That is comforting to know, sleep constantly evades me and I am waking up very grumpy in the early hours. I rant to myself for a few minutes and get up and make a tea, renew the ice packs and turn the TV on. Today I didn't even catch up with sleep, although I tried. Can you remember when longer periods of sleep started to return?
 
I have found even with all the help I have had. This is a soul searching journey. We spend a lot of time with our self. I know we do that all the time, but there is always other things to keep are minds occupied. I hope sleep finds you tonight. Its the wee hours at night that are the hardest for me.
 
Definitely agree with that, @Bilbo . I am not sure when sleep returns, @jacs65 . Maybe someone a little further on will come along and enlighten us all. It definitely makes it harder to cope when you're exhausted.

Roxie
 
Once off of the narcotics, does anyone take Tylenol PM to get a good sleep? I wonder if that would be a good occasional option down the road.
 
I have not tried Tylenol PM lately, but years ago I tried it a couple of times and hated it. I woke up feeling groggy and I didn't think it helped me sleep that much better. In retrospect, I should have tried taking it earlier in the evening, maybe an hour or two before bedtime (don't try this if you have to drive during that time) to give it time to begin to work, then, when I went to bed, it might have taken effect more quickly. It would have also given it more time to work through my system so it wasn't still there in the morning.

My two cents on the idea.
 
Pre-op, I have occasionally taken 1/2 before bed on days when my knee was really acting up. That was enough to get me to sleep. But now, the problem isn't falling asleep so much as it is STAYING asleep. So maybe it's not much of a solution. Instead, I will continue to watch "Orange is the New Black" on the iPad with earphones at 2am!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom