Guest viewing is limited

PKR JennyLynne- On the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I plan to get a haircut this week. Looking forward to it.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Got crazy and went out again, to friends' home for dinner. They live nearby, also have young kids and made us an amazing Lebanese feast. Nice to sit on someone else's couch!! I realized I was the only adult not drinking, which is never the case, haha. Miss a nice glass of wine!

Glad I was able to get out today with lots of help and not to much effort. Hope I don't feel it too much tomorrow!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good for you for getting out! I love Lebanese food! We have Lebanese friends in Wichita and have eaten the most wonderful food at their home. Tomorrow night, we are going to a restaurant for a retirement celebration for our next door neighbor. I'm looking forward to it but a little worried about being comfortable sitting there too long. It seems like I have to shift position fairly often. Hope tomorrow is every bit as wonderful of a day!


Roxie
 
Roxie, I was surprised how comfortable I was with the amount of sitting I did today in plain old chairs. But I felt a good deal of discomfort when I got up and walked. Hard to understand why, but I guess it's all part of healing. One thing I hate at the end of the night... Those stairs up to bed!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Fortunately, no stairs for me unless I want to go down into our family or guest rooms. Lately, I've been doing that more in the evenings though. It's just more comfortable than watching TV or reading upstairs! You definitely get a nightly workout going up to your bedroom every night!

Roxie
 
So good to hear that you're getting out and about and slowly doing "normal" things again. I've got a hair appointment booked for just over 4 weeks after surgery and I know that I won't want to miss that for anything! Same goes for getting my nails and feet done - I'm hoping I'll be ok to walk the 10 mins to the salon at about 4 weeks out but I guess we'll see.

Hope the howling hound is quieter? :dogsniff:

How're you feeling in general day to day now? Are you moving around the house ok? And spending more time downstairs? How's the PT going?

Would you recommend a shower stool? I think you said you had one? Are they difficult to get up and down from? As you can guess, I'm starting my prep with a vengeance!

Keep up the good work - you're well on your way :happydance:
 
@Raffs I am so anxious to get back to the nail salon!! I had a pedicure right before surgery, and I'm wondering how long before I'll be comfortable going back. Probably in a couple weeks.

I got a shower stool on Amazon, very basic, it's narrow but long. Easy to get on and off. Unfortunately I need help in and out of the shower. There is a wide marble 4 inch high piece to step over, and I'm not very good at it yet!

I'm getting around the house pretty well, still using 2 crutches. I got around well outside of the house this weekend too. But getting in and out of the car is a slow and slightly uncomfortable process. And I havent gotten behind the wheel yet.



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad I got out a lot yesterday, because today's forecast is rain rain rain! Temp dropped 30 degrees and downpours all day with flash flooding expected. I already had realized I wasn't ready to make an appearance at the office tomorrow (ha, not even close) but I had hoped to take a small practice drive or two. Looks like Mother Nature wins today.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Your comment on the wine made me smile; I had my first glass of prossecco last night, it was delicious :) I have only had Lebanese food in Canada and it was just delicious.

Have my hairdresser coming to me on Wednesday so excited. A very old friend is coming to see me tomorrow with her 6 week old Grandson...beyond excited for this :)
 
@jacs65 mmmmm I love prosecco! One of my favorite summer treats. I had never had Lebanese food until I moved to the Detroit area 8 yrs ago. Here, it is everywhere and I love it!

Enjoy your visits... fresh baby snuggles are the best!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@jacs65 , you will really be anxious for your own granddaughter to make her appearance after putting in some baby time tomorrow! They are so sweet at that age.

JennyLynne, I have never been to Detroit but my son-in-law says it has some beautiful areas!

Roxie
 
Roxie, Detroit gets an unfair bad rap. The suburbs are beautiful, and the city is going through quite a revitalization. I am from Chicago, which will always be where my heart is, but Detroit has been very good to us these past 8 years.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That's what I have heard, @JennyLynne . Aren't there a fair number of lovely wineries around Detroit -- I seem to remember hearing that? When my Polish immigrant family first came to the U.S., they moved to Chicago. I have been there many times and love it myself.

Roxie
 
The wineries are mostly in northern Michigan, and some on the western side of the state. We've done winery trips up near Traverse City, and it's fantastic! We hope to take a long weekend up there late this summer, and I'm looking forward to being on my feet and on the beach without terrible pain at last!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Just finished a good PT session. I've been frustrated because I still couldn't walk well with only 1 crutch. But today he had me switch sides the crutch was on, and it was so much easier. Even though it's "supposed" to be used on the opposite side of the surgery, he thinks that me being left-handed just naturally makes me favor that side. It never dawned on me to try it that way. DUH!! So, I'm calling this a small win.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good job, @JennyLynne . One thing I think we've all figured out is that we're all different enough that we have to find our own way to do things. You will be on the move soon!

Roxie
 
I sometimes find the cane or crutch feels better on the "wrong" side, too. I think that's because my old knee needs the support! Of course, I'm left handed, too. Hmmm.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Glad your PT is smart enough to assess your personal situation. :thumb:
 
Great news @JennyLynne, great that Physio treated you was an individual and recognised your personal needs.
A great small win indeed, they all count.
 
Crazy swelling out of nowhere last night. Went to get up from the couch and could hardly bend my leg. Made it up to bed, iced, took some meds and eventually fell asleep. Was much better when I woke up around 4am. But where is the world did that come from??!!

3 weeks post-op today. Feeling pretty good, pain is not too bad at all. Hoping my quads start picking up, i think it's my biggest challenge.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom