PKR JennyLynne- On the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it's a problem for everyone the first week or so. Colace didn't help me at all, but Miralax did the trick. It may be a combination of the pain meds and iron supplement. Once I went off the iron pills my stomach was ok, not normal, but ok. Glad you worked things out : )
 
Mine took a while, a few prunes each day and water (copious amounts) still not quite back to how I was but a whole lot better.
I had my left knee done also, but OS still said 6 weeks....
 
@JennyLynne , if you look back over my tale of woe, I was absolutely miserable too for close to a week. It's still not 100% normal but is much much better than it was in those dark days.

Glad you're doing better too.

Roxie
 
Just had a great PT session! I really like my therapist- he challenges me but is really encouraging and gentle. Used a cane for the first time, and I can't believe how much harder it is! He wants me to practice with one crutch for now, and then practice with the cane during PT sessions. Still can't lift my leg, but it's starting to hover just a teeny tiny bit above the floor or bed when I try. Feeling a bit stronger and steadier each day now!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad you were able to enjoy some nice weather. Our day started out nice which was when I was gone to PT. Then it clouded up again and now we are expecting more storms with possible hail.
 
@JennyLynne, so glad you were able to get a breath of fresh air! Simple things like that make the going just a little bit easier. Here's hoping the weather stays great and you can sit on the porch with your knee elevated!
 
We are getting crazy storms right now. I have total weather anxiety! Fortunately my 3 yr old is blissfully unaware.

Question about getting out... My husband is taking me to my first doctor appt tomorrow. What's the easiest way into the car? Surgical leg is left. Thinking it might be challenging to get in the passenger side?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I had my right done, but this may work for you. Sit down on the car seat, legs still outside the car, lift your surgical leg (I often took my leg lifter in the car) into the car, followed by your right. Make sure the seat is as far back as it will go. You can always go in the backseat and keep your leg up on the seat.
 
Thanks @KarriB I was thinking backseat will work in a pinch! I'll be sure to bring my lifter! I am so glad I got one of those.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I used the lifter with my first surgery, second surgery I just grabbed the Velcro bands of the imbolizer to lift my leg. Sadly, I still get in butt first and slide a round.
 
I've been getting in butt first for over a year!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thought I'd check-in to see how you're doing as I've been away for a few days. How is everything going? From reading all the recent posts it sounds like you're making slow but steady progress?
 
Back from the doctor! Wow, am I exhausted!

Had a great PT session this morning- was finally able to lift my leg a little when seated, and had good stability with other exercises.

I was so nervous to leave the house for the doc appt, for some reason. But I managed fine getting in and out of my husbands SUV- used my right leg to help the left one in and out. Used crutches to walk. Not ready for a cane yet.

Appt went well. X-rays were good. Doc said there is arthritis in other parts of the knee, but very early and believes the partial was the right move. The hope all along was that this would "hold" me for a decade or more, before conversion to full.

Incision is sealed and looks good. He said I can go back to work at my comfort. Made a plan for how to ween down the meds, when I am ready. Will start outpatient PT soon, but wants me to take my time with getting settled at work first, so I don't overdo it.

We stopped at the Sec Of State to get a handicap placard and then home. I AM POOPED!!!!!!! Need some meds, ice and my bed!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
All that sounds great. Be careful to try not to do too much too fast.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom