Guest viewing is limited

PKR JennyLynne- On the other side!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, it's worth a try. I was sharing my experience. If you have some on hand, it's worth a shot.
 
I took 2 Tylenol PMs a night to fall asleep after my surgery. Can't hurt to try.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@JennyLynne It made me smile to read you also are churning way through box sets at 2.00am. I am nearing the end of Prison Break and Orange is the New Black was recommended to me...

Have to say last night I had 4 lots of 2 hour sleeps....yeaaay. I set my alarm every 2 hours, took either paracetmol or ibuprofen and re-applied ice. Worked a treat, at least for last night it did.

Hope you are doing OK, today I take a trip to the hospital with my son and his partner to find out the sex of my first grandchild :loveshwr:
 
@jacs65 how exciting!!! What a special day for you!! And what better reason to get your knee in order than to be able to play with your grand-baby!

Yesterday, I cut my med dose in half and felt quite good until early evening. I cried out of frustration when the pain returned stronger than ever, but my husband gave me a good "talking to" about how early it is in the process and to stop trying to rush it along. I hate when he's right, haha! Took a full dose at 11pm and slept for 6 hours. Feel so much better this morning.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@jacs65 , I had an opportunity to do that with my first grandchild too. What a thrill it was to see her for the first time! @JennyLynne , I had a day or so when I tried cutting back too soon too and my husband had to scold me a bit. Now, a couple more weeks down the road, I can do pretty well with Tylenol alone but earlier -- not so much! I'm glad you got some rest. Sleep is definitely underrated.
 
I think it helped that he came with me to the doctor. Saw the xrays, listened (again) to what had been done during surgery, etc. We both had unrealistic expectations of the recovery side of things. He seems to have come to terms way faster than me (I am still struggling!).
 
My husband is the same way. He keeps reminding me to be patient and I keep trying to hurry things along. I hate it when they're right.
 
Mine has been better than I thought he would be in ways that really matter (emotional support). He's only been of minimal help around the house, doing only what absolutely had to be done, and groaning about that sometimes. I figured out early that he wasn't going to be great in that area, so I told him what I needed, and what I could do, and he's been pretty good. And, really, the dishes and laundry haven't been any big deal. I was annoyed that he brought a laundry basket from the San Antonio house for me to do. Not because I had any trouble doing it, but, because, really, he couldn't put one load in the washer and dryer down there? It was easier to cart it all the way up here? He gets the worse end of the deal. He forgot to take the clean clothes back with him, so he's making do for a week and a half without the clothes he needed.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
:friends:Way to go hubby! Every day gets a little better. I think I can, I think I can. Then :wow: I can. Sometimes I think one step forward and two steps back.LOL:heehee: Hang in there.
 
@PolarBear60 perhaps that will teach him a lesson to do his own laundry!

One thing I have to give my husband immense credit for- handling our little guy with almost no help from me. We call him a "threenager" - a moody impatient demanding toddler right now!

@KarriB sleep is so-so. I'm not sleeping long and I'm no longer napping at all during the day. And I always thought I wanted a beagle until one moved next door... Holy howling!! It's been going for hours now!

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I started sleeping better around week 3-4, mostly I think because I went back to sleeping on my side. Somehow I was able to position my left leg over the RTKR comfortably. But I would still get up periodically through the night. Hope you sleep well tonight!
 
I was annoyed that he brought a laundry basket from the San Antonio house for me to do. Not because I had any trouble doing it, but, because, really, he couldn't put one load in the washer and dryer down there? It was easier to cart it all the way up here? He gets the worse end of the deal. He forgot to take the clean clothes back with him, so he's making do for a week and a half without the clothes he needed.
Ah, the Law of Natural Consequences! It's a great teaching tool. :heehee:

I'm glad your husband is a help in other ways. Moral and emotional support is so important - and the housework can wait.
 
My only experience with beagles is Snoopy in the cartoons. :heehee: Hope the neighbor's beagle settles down so you can sleep.
 
Big outing to get my hair cut and colored! Had my husband take me, because I was concerned I'd be sore from sitting for so long. My stylist is the best- gently lifted my leg onto a stool to elevate and helped me from spot to spot. Feel pretty good now, but glad I had a ride!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I did the same thing on Thursday, @JennyLynne . It felt so good to get my hair looking and feeling decent again. I drove myself and was pretty tired by the time I got home. My stylist was great too and took extra care to make sure I was as comfortable as was possible.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom