THR Jaydub63 port side recovery

4 weeks and 1 day out...what am I up to? Started back to work full time this week (less BS time unfortunately). Still have precautions for almost 2 weeks so I am focused on building up some endurance until I can work on ROM. Last night I walked almost 3 miles at the mall! I really am growing to hate the mall, and I hold my breath when I walk by the nail salon so I don't inhale in all the fumes, but it's a necessary evil at the moment if I want to walk more than I can in my house. At least the crowds have thinned out so I'm not so concerned about inattentive people crashing into me. Next week the temps may get up over freezing, so I might be able to walk outdoors (carefully around any ice...). I'm alternating walking with riding my bike (up to 35 minutes) and elliptical (40-45 minutes) - both still at pretty low intensity, but starting to build some resistance.

Oh, and I cleaned the cat boxes. Hubby was starting to neglect them so I broke down. Cats don't seem appreciative however.
 
Sounds like you're doing great - congrats! That first week back at work is hard and I'm glad it's a short week! Pamper yourself this weekend!:happydance::yay::dancy:
 
Good job @jaydub63! That’s a lot of exercise. I received a long handled litter scoop so I will be able to take care of that. Also ordered food dishes in tray with waist high pole so I can lift up food and warmer dishes and not worry about throwing food and water all over floor while bending is difficult.

Keep up the good work.
 
You sound well on track @jaydub63 . Glad you have the mall to do some walking. I resorted to the parking garage at our complex when it was raining. Not nice, but it was dry and the ground was even...
Take care
 
@Susan209 I'll take some of your sweaty weather! Congrats on the toe nail clipping. I'm hoping to be able to do that before having to resort to asking hubby. I cut them really short right before my surgery so I think I can go another few weeks before they start to bug me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
My SO drew the line at doing my toenails, @jaydub63, but my sister did take pity on me around the five week mark. Does help that she's a nurse, so she's probably seen it all anyway... So, yes, I went about five weeks between trims. And this week (for my seven week anniversary) I managed to do my nails myself. :happydance:
 
I need to do something with my walker. It's becoming a makeshift clothing rack in front of my closet.
[Bonesmart.org] Jaydub63 port side recovery


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Hee hee...love it.
Should start a thread in social room called Subtle Signs of Improvement.
Pics of walkers used as clothes hangers, half full pill bottles, laced up shoes, or toes with fresh cut nails..
 
My bath chair has become a place to put the dirty clothes basket! Great job on the recovery @jaydub63. You survived going back to work. How often did you get up and walk? That is one of my concerns because I can sit for 8 hours on my computer if I don't force myself to get up and walk.
 
@Dive17 I was concerned about that too (sitting too long at my computer) so I've been making a point to not go more than 90 minutes without getting up and walking for a few minutes, going up and down the stairs a few times, stretching, or doing a household task. I tried to do this pre-surgery as well (sitting is the new smoking as they say...) but I am being more deliberate about it now. If I have a long conference call I put in my ear buds and walk around while listening to other folks blather on lol. Working from home gives me more flexibility than an office job, so it hasn't been a problem so far. In the past I also would move my computer to a counter and work standing up periodically. I haven't done this yet post surgery but will probably start doing that again soon.
 
Sounds like good advice above for Dive17 @jaydub63
Love your walker photo. Definitely a sign of progress.

I starting piling all things recovery into a corner by my front door.
All borrowed from my dad who had both hips replaced.
Looking at it gave me a sense of accomplishment for a time.
Then one day I piled it all in the car, except for my grabber (can't part with that)
and dropped it all of at my dads. It's a great feeling realizing you no longer need any of it.
 
@Layla I have a girlfriend whose husband is having a hip replaced in May and I've offered to loan them any of my "equipment" if they need it. I agree that it is a great feeling to realize you don't need the recovery aids anymore!
 
I may be testing my limits tonight. I'm at a college basketball game because my daughter is playing in the pep band. Seats are not hip friendly so lots of standing for me. Luckily no one us behind us lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Hi @jaydub63
Good for you, back to living....Hope you're having fun!
Safe travels home and a peaceful night to you!
 
Oh I'm not far from home. Maybe a mile. One of the perks of living in a college town.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
So fun. I love college bands, although I'm partial to UW-Madison
 
Glad to read that your recovery is going so well @jaydub63 and that you’ve been able to return to work. Great photo
Most of my equipment is now in the garage but I love the long handled shoehorn so that is staying where it is.
I’m way beyond impressed with your elliptical times. My maximum is currently three minutes :rofsign:
 
Oh how I've enjoyed catching up in your thread @jaydub63 you've made awesome progress! My Walker became a clothes hanger immediately as I found my crutches easier to manage around my narrow hallways. My bath seat is presently being used as a shelf to store two bags and a whatever daily pants I've decided aren't needing to go in the dirty laundry. Hahaha My Grabber is great for poking hubby! :heehee:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom