Guest viewing is limited

THR Jaydub63 port side recovery

Here's a better pic from the half time performance. My D is almost in the middle of the photo, to the right of the girl with the flag. She plays horn (mellophone) and gets all her musical talent from my husband's side.
It was fun to get out, just had to be careful on the arena stairs.
[Bonesmart.org] Jaydub63 port side recovery


Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
 
Good pics of your daughter's band, @jaydub63 ! I hope that I am recovered enough to go watch my 7 yo grandson play baseball in March. I will bring a cushion because those Little League stands are hard.
 
@Dive17 my daughter used to play softball, so I agree on those metal bleachers. They are the worst, regardless of whether you have hip problems! You should be good to go by March.

@danabanana that is what was collecting on my walker - the "gee, I wore this, but it's not ready for the laundry" stuff. I did fold it up and banish it to the basement last weekend. My upstairs hall is pretty narrow too and bathrooms are small, so it was tough to maneuver with it. Probably motivated me to get on just a cane quickly!
 
Ugh, took a sick day today (which I almost NEVER do). Dry cough started yesterday, today runny nose, chills and body aches. I did get a flu shot, but I heard that it's not very effective this year. I don't think I've ever really had a full blown case of the flu, so I'm hoping it's just a bad cold. Not fun to be sick over the weekend!
 
I've also read that the flu shot can reduce the severity of the flu....so I'm hoping you sidestep it! My caretaker/son came down with the flu at the beginning of my second week post-op and it really took him down. I was avoiding him like crazy, and so far have dodged the bullet! Hang in there.
 
I hope you start feeling better soon! While you hate being sick over the weekend, this is a good weekend to just hunker down and rest. If you think it's the flu, you might consider calling your PCP to see if Tamiflu or something similar would help. Supposedly it only really helps if you start taking it within 24 hours of onset.

My son's had the flu all week (has his own apt so I'm not being exposed). He said he's only made it out of bed to use the toilet. Definitely seems to be a nasty bug and I would think would be even worse so soon after THR!
 
Not sure where you are located @jaydub63, but have been all sorts of nasty colds, etc. going around. Get lots of rest and fluids.
 
Aww, so sorry. That is no way to start the weekend!
Sounds like the flu is pretty rampant but not reached its peak yet.
I also heard the immunization isn't that effective this year. I never get it myself.
Living on the edge!
Hopefully you don't get any sicker and it does just prove to be a nasty cold.
Feel better soon! :mcoffee:
@jaydub63
 
Great pics. That yellow is stunning!
I've had a "cold" for a week now....pretending it's going away but....:shrug:
Hope you feel better!
 
I was a bigger slug today than I was right after my hip surgery lol. Spent most of the day lounging in bed and snoozing with my 2 kitties. The chills are going away and I don't have a fever, so I'm hoping it's not the flu, which is one of many bugs going around in my area. Drinking lots of fluids, vitamin C, etc. so hopefully I can head off the worst of it. Good weekend to stay in and take it easy plus I have Monday off.
 
Sounds like you're doing all the right things @jaydub63
Hopefully you continue to get better with all of the rest you're getting.
Thankfully you have an extra day. Wishing you a night of peaceful restorative sleep!
 
I had the cold thing between Christmas and New Years, actually took some time off work from it. Slug time was what seemed to help. I am looking forward to Monday off also. Hope you start feeling better.
 
Feeling SO much better today. Still have the cough but it's starting to break up. I'll take it easy today but should be good to go tomorrow for some weekend errands. Today I can catch up on laundry, woo hoo! Need to change some bed sheets which I haven't done since before surgery.
 
Clean sheet night! Yay!:yahoo:
 
Yep, Saturday laundry day. And clean sheets are wonderful.
 
Wonderful news! @jaydub
I'll bet all that rest is paying off. Changing sheets are low on the list of chores I love.
Hmm, "chores I love" is that an oxymoron? Yep!
I do recall the first time I attempted it post op. Gratifying, but tiring.
Probably had myself in some unusually awkward positions too, but I did it!!
Let us know how it goes. Might tire you out especially since you're fighting an illness too.
Hope you continue to feel better!
 
You are correct about awkward positions in sheet changing @Layla-never realized until hip replacement.
 
It's the bending over doing the corners and tucking in the corners.
I think I had a leg sticking straight out sideways. I don't recall. All I know is that when I do it
I'm thankful no one is watching.
 
I currently have one side of bed against wall so that makes a challenge. Am trying changing that so I can handle sheets after thr.
 
Yep, that's a must.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom