Guest viewing is limited

THR It's Super Sqwerl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another milestone reached today...gave myself my last Lovenox injection. :happydance: So now we shall see if the nausea goes away. Didn't fall asleep until 2 am last night, but was able to sleep until noon. Thank you to hubby and kids for not waking me up! Tomorrow I see the outpatient PT for the first time, but I have worked with him before so expect it to be good. He is very gentle and very laid back, he always says "try it, but if it hurts too much, don't do it". I think I will spend the afternoon in my air conditioned room watching a movie....I love Sundays!
 
sqwerlie, glad to hear you're done with that nasty Lovenox. Do you have to take an aspirin once a day, like my doctor told me to?
 
[Bonesmart.org] It's Super Sqwerl!
They help us see how far we've come. Congrats on being through with those injections---I was pretty pumped when I finished the last one. And there will be many more as you travel down recover road. I always suggest that you note them down as they occur so when you're having a really bad time, you can pull them out to remind yourself that "You've come a long way, baby!" Kind of helps pull you out of a funk.

Take care sqwerlie, and keep us posted. We care.
 
sqwerlie I hope that the nausea goes away now for you. I didn't have to take those shots but they sound horrible. The heat got us also over the weekend. Yesterday wasn't too bad a storm came through and cooled everything down.
 
I felt pretty good today sandybeach, no nausea and even ate a decent lunch and supper. Yay! The shots weren't that bad to give, just a tiny little needle. Although my stomach does resemble a pincushion with all the little dots!
 
sqwerlie It sounds like you're feeling so much better. Maybe you can start enjoying your recovery now and get outside and enjoy the summer before it's gone.
 
sqwerlie just catching up here. Great OS visit, no screws loose, and hooraaaay no more lovenox! Welcome back appetite, I hope! :) How about compression hose-- are they still with you?
Now that you've discharged your Canadian PT, did you give him a Hershey kiss at his last visit and tell him "don't ask!"??:heehee:
 
Pete from fox 11 says we are going to have a great weekend. Hope you enjoy yours as much as i will enjoy mine. Sue is off today and the weekend. Wish the ground was better up at Kelly Lake, because if it was I sure would be up there. Thinking of you and hoping your recovery is going as smooth as mine peace be with you.
 
Yesterday I did three "new" things! I drove for the first time and it went great. I went to the store and walked a lot more than usual and survived. And then I got to go see and hold my new grandson! He was born at home on Friday morning and is cute as can be! I am one happy sqwerl!!:happydance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] It's Super Sqwerl!
Congrats, grandma! So much love in a small package---I can see you smiling from here.
 
4 week update! Feeling really good...not much pain at all, just some muscle pain from these old muscles getting back in shape. I can walk unassisted around the house, looking forward to ditching the cane altogether! The scar looks great as far as scars go. I love my PT, first he tells me that most of the docs around here don't even bother with PT for hips any more. Then he goes over some exercises I can do, but always adds "If it hurts, stop doing it". He's not our tall dark and handsome Canadian, but I still like him! :rotfl: I am driving when I have to. And honestly, I could do more than I am around the house, but I haven't told anyone that yet! :loll: I think they can help out a little longer! Shhhh...that's our secret!
 
sqwerlie it sounds like you are doing great. I'm just catching up with your thread. I had those injections for 30 days each time so I know what a relief it is to be rid of them. Has the sickness gone since you stopped them?
You are driving now so that gives you a bit of independence.
A new grand child to spoil.
You are right not to let on how much you can do. Milk it for as long as you can because once you start doing things again people think its back to normal and let you get on with it.
 
sqwerlie milk it for as long as you can. just think 40 years ago this would not have been possible. I figure eh a hip you should be able to get at least six weeks of pampering out of it. This lady over at bellin told me that her BIL had a hip replacement and the next day he roofed his house. Thankfully Sue was there because she saw i was going to say something and gave me a quick kiss. Know what I was going to call out loud "I call bull hokey on that one!" Anyways congrats on the new grandchild and take care. Peace be with you
 
Elosarabrab when I was younger (in a different life back in the day in the military) we called them the no Sh!t stories, and you knew a whopper was going to come out whenever someone started a story with no Sh!t this really happened. Thankfully I have my Sue to help remind me daily hey you are no longer in the military and you can't cry out BS every time some tells a story.
 
sqwerlie double whammy! new grandbaby and a great 4-week update, how good is life, eh? Definitely keep milking it, you have plenty of spare hands around for you:wink: :yes: Keep up the good work.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom