Guest viewing is limited

THR It's Super Sqwerl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sqwerlie, you are 7 weeks post surgery. You can and probably do feel like doing things now but you have to pace yourself. :no-fin: I am 4 months post surgery and I still get sore if I don't be careful. At 7 weeks I would have had a hard time with a busy weekend like that. Take care, relax and ice.
 
Well, I intended to post at 8 weeks and here the week has almost gotten away from me. The healing continues and I am learning my limits! ByGosh, the reunion was for my husbands four siblings and their families and all the grandchildren, along with my father in law. We are getting to be quite the large group as my father in law has 21 grandchildren (all but 1 were there), 5 of them are married and there are 11 great grandchildren. It was a lot of fun, but I was on my feet too much and paid for it the next week. But, I am done with PT, I am almost always without the cane, except at night when it's been a long day and I can get away without a nap most days. I do usually go to bed early though as the energy level is still on the low side. But I noticed today while I was running errands that I don't "waddle" anymore! Just that makes me feel younger! And the other day I put on my socks and shoes, both feet, all by myself! It's been a long time since I could do that. A lady from our church found out she had to have her hip replaced and was a little nervous. I was able to share my experience and hopefully made her feel better. I also shared our bonesmart page, but I don't know how much she is on a computer. That's about it for now I guess. I check in almost every day to see what all my Bonesmartie friends are up to....just don't seem to have time to post much anymore. But then, I guess that's a sign of life getting back to normal, isn't it? :)
 
Sqwerlie, we will never push you out of the nest. But we'll rejoice with you when you fly away on your own. :)

Sharon
 
3 month check up today and all of my restrictions have been lifted...whoo hoo! :happydance: The OS said I could do whatever I wanted (within reason) and that the x-rays looked good. He was very happy with the results, but not as happy as I am! Now for an evening with just me and Mr Sqwerl....all of the girls are away for the evening (which almost never happens!) so we can have a nice dinner and watch whatever we want on television :heehee: And then go to bed early :whistle:
 
That's just great sqwerlie, congratulations!:dancy: You better take it easy on Mr.Sqwerl...I'm sure he's a little out of shape, and you do not need him laid up injured now! :wink:
 
Oh, sqwerlie, you are such a
[Bonesmart.org] It's Super Sqwerl!
:heehee: Have fun!
 
sqwerlie, Sounds like you've had a great recovery, way to go! I'm going in for my hip in 11 days. I'd love to have your best friend, the anesthesiologist, talk to mine :sos: Your immediate post-op story really caught my attention. I really hope I can have the same results with a spinal and cocktail as you did.

Continued success to you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom