Guest viewing is limited

THR It's Super Sqwerl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zauberflöte, life would be a whole lot better if it were cooler here! 89 degrees already and humid as all get out. Blech. I think I will hide in my room with the air conditioner and watch movies all afternoon! :thumb:
 
[Bonesmart.org] It's Super Sqwerl!
It's supposed to be hot and humid. Weather is neither good nor bad, it just is! It's our attitude about it that is good or bad!
 
Congratulations on your new little grandchild sqwerlie what a lovely week you are having!! I haven't been out driving yet, I've sat on the drive and played about with the pedals but think I'll give it a try later this week, got my husband running me around at the moment!! It's really hot here at the moment and I'm finding its wiping me out, I'm trying to read and I can keep my eyes open, not complaining about the weather though!! :SUNsmile:
 
bottomshollow you are absolutely right about the weather, but I'll bet you've never tried to play a scary solo in a concert in the sun at 95 degrees plus obligatory humidity:heehee: Whoops, dropped my flute and half my solo with it!:heehee:
 
Did you get those thunderstorms this afternoon also? Around 3 PM
Stay cool we only have to last until sat.
Peace be with you
 
No randy62, but we had one around 1 this afternoon. The worst part about this heat wave is I really want to go swimming and can't yet.....*whine*. Guess I'll be happy with a cool shower!
 
We are in the midst of winter here in the Southern Hemisphere. Tomorrow will be a minimum of 5 C and a maximum of 9 C.. Today it rained and we had 40 knot winds...

Can you send some sun this way please :)
 
It is going to break this afternoon/evening. With the cooler weather the healing process should speed up. Peace be with you
 
sqwerlie. Go ahead and tell poppet how old it gets here in the winter without the windchill factor. And then for that jaw dropping holy cow tell her how cold it gets with the windchill. Lol
 
randy62, lol, and when it does get that cold, we'll be complaining about the temp and the heating bills! Gotta love Wisconsin! Ok, so it's 4-week update time. First of all, I can hardly believe it has been 4 weeks already! And how great I feel! The muscles in my hip and thigh are still a little sore, but nothing compared to the awful pain before surgery. This week I am walking mostly without the cane, even outside. I need it for the steps and at the end of the day I feel weaker and use it more, but I walked into church yesterday without it and everyone was so happy for me. I even bebopped a little (in place) to some of the worship songs....never would have been able to do that before without pain...couldn't even stand for all the songs before. For pain, I have been using extra strength Tylenol in the morning and at bedtime. I am shamefully lazy about doing my PT exercises, but try to do walking to make up for it. And I go upstairs at least once to get the exercise from doing the stairs. Even went up and down them like a big girl yesterday, with the cane of course. Of course, I only do that when no one is around or I will have no excuse to make them go up and down the basement stairs to do the laundry. :rotfl: I babysat my 9 weeks old granddaughter Friday (she isn't mobile, so I don't have to chase her or pick her up off the floor) and had a wonderful time of cuddling and playing. Tomorrow will be my first "shopping day" since surgery, so we shall see how that goes. I'm not going to make all my usual stops, just a couple. But it will feel good to do some "normal" stuff and get out of the house. Speaking of normal stuff, must go attack "laundry mountain" in the living room and get some of it folded to be put away. Have a good week all!!
 
What a good report sqwerlie!!! How fun that you got to spend time with your granddaughter. ❤I love having you lead the way to show me how it should be done! I started back to work part time today. It does feel good to do "normal" things!
 
sqwerlie great 4 weeks update!!!! You are doing so well. Definitely do not let anyone catch you going up and down stairs:heehee: Great that your granddaughter is conveniently "recovery-friendly"! Just wait till 8 weeks and you can really dance in church-- since my "no rotation" restriction was lifted last week, I felt free to 'pew dance" to my heart's content Sunday, and what fun that was! Don't get hasty with your shopping today-- make yourself not do something you think you can. There's always next week. Do less to heal more, I am becoming a fan of that wonderful approach. :)
 
Well, I had an interesting day yesterday! I met an old friend for lunch and my first mistake was sitting in a booth rather than a chair. Very soft, low cushions. About halfway through lunch my hip began whining. After lunch, which lasted 2 1/2 hours much to the annoyance of our waitress (we had a lot of catching up to do!), we headed for the restroom before the drive home. Someone was in the handicapped stall and since I was already doing the potty dance after 2 Cokes and a cup of coffee, I opted for a regular stall rather than wait. Big mistake! I thought I was going to have to have my friend come in and pull me back to a standing position! Somehow I got to my feet and after we said our goodbyes, I headed for the meat market before going home. It was crowded (guess everyone plans to grill out this weekend) and as I was standing there, wishing I hadn't been so brave and left my cane in the car, this little old lady comes barreling past me, and almost ran me over! All I could think of was "I can't fall, I can't fall!" So the lesson of the day was avoid the booths, don't drink so much and watch out for little old ladies! :heehee:
 
Yeah those sneaky little old ladies will get you every time. I call them the little old ladies of the church. You know the ones quilters helping at all the meals,, the little dynamo of wind. Peace be with you
 
sqwerlie two and a half hours in a booth?? I don't think I could do that now, even! But you obviously had a great time, so it was worth even almost getting knocked over by a little old lady ( randy62 and my 85-yr-old mom is one, more power to her! LOL). What will you attempt next? :)
 
sqwerlie. Go ahead and tell poppet how old it gets here in the winter without the windchill factor. And then for that jaw dropping holy cow tell her how cold it gets with the windchill. Lol

Don't worry, I certainly know all about the cold and wind chill factor.. We get cold blasts coming straight at us from Antartica!
 
Well I have experienced first hand the roller coaster ride now! Saw my OS last Thursday and he was very pleased with my progress. Gave me the official okey dokey to go swimming and was a little surprised at how easily I was able to lift my leg straight up off the table. Walking with no cane and no limp and I was feeling really good. Then came the weekend. :groan: We had a family reunion here in town and I did a lot of standing making food the day before, a lot of cleaning because our home was sort of "party central" and a lot of walking and such at the reunion. I did decline to play volleyball though. And guess what? I have officially joined the "I overdid it....why, oh why did I do that?" club. Monday found me sore and stiff and back on pain meds. Yesterday I gave in and went back to the cane. Today I will be a good girl and take it easy, ice and elevate. *sigh* I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. :heehee:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom