Guest viewing is limited

THR It's Super Sqwerl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Room service is great isn't it, well there has to be some perks to all this doesn't there!! I know what you mean about the falling asleep at the drop of a hat though, I'm also not sleeping too well at night, my lower back/bottom is really aching badly and so mixed in with the drugs and energy loss I take it where and when I can. :thud: One thing I'm ahead of you in is I have 'been', thank goodness it was only 3 days this time not the 7 days like last time and oh boy you don't want to go that long. Keep taking the prunes and stool softener!! :) Take care and look after yourself x
 
Hi sqwerlie Great news that the surgery went well and that you are dong so well.As good as the hospital was I bet that its lovely to be home. Get lots of rest and keep well ahead of the pain.I am so glad that the Preop pain is a thing of the past.lots of healing thoughts coming your way.
 
@sqwerlie it's so good to hear you are now home being taken care of by your family, I hope that's a good thing:wink: And to have come up close and personal with the famous Canadian too. How many home visits do you have with him putting you to bed? Take care and keep us informed on your PT sessions.
 
sqwerlie and zauberflöte Littlejem Peaches sandybeach Kim22 and whoever else was involved in our original Canadian, may as well drag everybody into this:

Hahahaha:rotfl: I love your story about the Canadian/PT sqwerlie ! That's too funny. You poor thing, it must have been very difficult for you to carry on like nothing was happening when (1) first of all you weren't even dressed for the occassion (or maybe you were - depending on what really occassioned LOL), (2) you were having fantasy/flashback thoughts about our fictitious gorgeous Canadian, (3) and the PT/Canandian look-alike actually said "Is it ok if we go into your bedroom and get into your bed?" My goodness, how did you manage to handle that? I would have broken out in a sweat or hot flash or something! Even if he didn't look like our Canadian, that line alone would have been too much! Now tell us, were there any chocolates or diamonds involved in any way?? Or did you just "get into your bed"?? hahaha :rotfl:

Now next time he's due for a visit here's what you do: take your shower, get your sexy clothes on which includes a push-up undergarment and a flipflop (not the one for your feet - you know what I mean), dab a little "Eau de THR and Diamonds" behind each ear, maybe a little on the feet (oh, forgot, can't reach feet yet), well, behind the knees, and BE READY FOR HIM. It may be our only chance for you to spice up our lives here for us! LOL And don't dislocate that new hip!

Seriously, I'm glad you had a good day :heehee: and I hope you had your scrambled eggs. It's true, we really need the protein and calories post-op because our body is using up lots of energy making new tissue and bone for us. So eat well, like zauberflöte did, don't hold back. Even chocolate is good at a time like this. :heehee: (Sorry, I can't help myself)
 
sqwerlie With all the PT I'm doing I have not gotten a hot Canadian PT, no chocolate, no diamonds, nothing exciting! Just leg lifts, squats, bridging, etc. Very boring here.

Seriously, sounds like you are doing well, and I'm really happy to hear it.
 
Long live the marvelous, wonderful prune.... in other words, we finally have success!
I'm soooo pleased for you, :happydance:
Your 'experience' with the Canadian PT is hilarious, I can't believe he said what he said about the bed and quite surprised no one has actually taken him up on it, that would have got him to think about how he phrased his words, ha but too funny!! :heehee: Anyhow LeeApril26 is getting real jealous and so you might just have to send him round to her place for the 'experience' too!! :whistle:
ByGosh you should be writing books, are you sure you didn't help with the 50 shades of grey series!!! :rotfl:
 
I can't believe he said what he said about the bed and quite surprised no one has actually taken him up on it, that would have got him to think about how he phrased his words
I'll bet he said it as a younger professional to an older patient-- as a total joke. I had a PT once who would have said that had he been at my house. But how was this poor guy to know what goes on here??:rotfl:
 
Instead of prune juice, you may want to try Miralax. It is almost magical. You can put it in anything, hot or cold -- even coffee -- and it doesn't affect the taste or texture of the drink. It is the only thing that has ever worked for me, although it may take a couple of days to take effect.
 
Elosarabrab, I'm almost wishing I had the munchies. I just don't have much of an appetite at all and have to make myself eat a little something at mealtimes. Today has been a slow day...no Canadians, no phone calls or visitors.... just me and my ice pack snoozing off and on with the occasional journey to the potty. Tomorrow my 12 year old gets home from camp, I have a feeling things will get a little more active with her around. On the other hand, maybe camp wore her out and she'll sleep for a day or two. :heehee:
 
[Bonesmart.org] It's Super Sqwerl!
sqwerlie, to the "other side" and the wonderful world of recovery. Good to hear that overall you're doing very well. Just follow the mantra: meds on a schedule, elevate, ice, and rest!!!! TIME & PATIENCE are the secret to a great recovery---so have the PATIENCE to give your hip the TIME it needs and all will be well!

I think Super Sqwerl needs a new avatar---and here's one you might like:

[Bonesmart.org] It's Super Sqwerl!
Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom