Guest viewing is limited

THR It's Super Sqwerl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a good laugh today! Our oldest daughter brought her three kids over to visit and Hunter, the 5 year old, came racing into the house and gave me a big hug, asked if I was feeling better and then wanted to know if he "could see it?". Puzzled, I asked him what "it" was. "Your new hip Grandma, what does it look like?" You should have seen his face when I explained the hip was on the inside and he couldn't see it. He was so disappointed! :rotfl: :rotfl:
 
sqwerlie That is the best avatar for you! I love it. It's so clever.
Good job again bottomshollow ! I think this one is the funniest I've seen you find.:heehee:

How are you doing sqwerlie? I should have read your thread first, but the avatar caught my eye and I had to comment on it. And now I don't even know what's been going on with you... Except that you were a mean ole' Grandma and wouldn't take out your new hip from it's incision pocket and show the curious little guy! (ouch how could I even say that?? it makes me hurt, never mind you.)
I'll have to go back and catch up with your PT progress, and things like that...:heehee: Has there been any -ahem- progress to report??
I'm just tired and should sign off before I get myself thrown out of this forum. Night, sqwerlie. You look lovely in red (and I'm not talkin stilettos now)
 
Hi ByGosh, I haven't posted a lot, been mostly taking it slow and easy and enjoying my "down" time. I've had one visit from both the home nurse and PT, and both were pleased with how things are so far. I have the usual PT exercises, nothing new and try to get them done earlier in the day as I've found I am more sore by the end of the day. As far as -ahem- progress, it's a go in that area as well. :heehee: No doubt thanks to drinking prune juice every day since surgery! I've been very pleased with the fact that I have no bruising at all and very little swelling. It just amazes me...must be the Bonesmart mantra at work! The hardest thing so far (besides getting my 18 year old to remember to put the toilet riser back when she's done) has been getting consistent sleep. So, off I go to try again to get comfortable with the pillows and the ice pack. Night all! :sleep:
 
sqwerlie LOVE the avatar, bottomshollow you are a genius!

So, O Super Sqwerl, how did the 12-yr-old do at camp? Are you listening to her decompress, or does she slink off to her room yet? Enquiring minds want to know! :)
 
zauberflöte, oh she has been decompressing big time. My word, I didn't know she could talk so fast! Apparently she had a wonderful time, which is good. Now if only I could send her back for another week! :loll: The home nurse came today and I got a gold star! Apparently things look really good. My bandage came off in the shower yesterday and she says it looks wonderful, very little bruising and she couldn't believe my leg isn't swollen, especially considering it is ninety billionty degrees here and humid. I'm supposed to try to eat more (usually not a problem for me!) and cut back on the pain meds some. According to her, PT is planning an outdoor excursion tomorrow for me. Guess we won't be "getting into bed" :rotfl: I actually feel pretty good, just tire easily. The nurse said it won't be long until I'm back to normal and I told her to please not tell my family yet. I'm not done milking this! She laughed and said my secret is safe with her. If I can talk my hubby into putting the air conditioner into the bedroom tonight, I will be one happy camper. Otherwise, it's back to the fan and ice packs and "please don't touch me, it's too hot for skin contact". :rotfl:
 
sqwerlie. So tomorrow you're going out with the Canadian? How about a Victorian swoon into his arms? That will teach him to be careful about bed references :) Nice that your 12 year old had a good time and hopefully didn't bring home any interesting little creatures in her laundry. My now 39 year old arrived home with maggots from a week long school outing to an environmental camp. Disgusting.

Great report from the nurse. Happy you are doing well and have no swelling!
 
sqwerlie aw that's cute-- I love that stage, unless I'm really really sleeeeeepy:yawn: You have a good report there-- keep up the napping and non-swelling and playing possum, as it were. We won't tell!:heehee: I feel so guilty here with the central air on.....
 
Great that little Sqwerlie had such a good time and lovely she had sooo much to tell you. :) No swelling, good gracious that's wonderful, I feel like I have Beyonces whole backside all on my surgery side, it's huge!! Day out today sounds good for you but don't do too much, I'm planning to go sit the garden if I can, (we have 5 stone steps up to it), and sit in what looks to be some sunshine out there!! :SUNsmile:
 
Hi Sqwerlie,

Welcome to the other side, I know I'm a little late, but sincere just the same!! You look great with your red cape and gear and obviously have ditched the little squirrel-sized walker!! I hope your husband got that window unit in so you can cool off!! Keep the comfy close on a little longer - even if your PT person does make you have an outdoor excursion. You need a few more weeks of time for healing before you look good enough to be "normal" to the family!! It's a bit like recovery from child birth and how little rest time you get after each new baby...

Take care,
Cardie
 
sqwerlie it sounds like you are making really good progress. I hope you can "milk" this out for a lot longer. Once your family figures want you can do, there's no turning back. My husband couldn't wait to leave the kitchen chores to me along with the rest of the house. He still helps with laundry, our washing and dryer are in the basement and I can't carry to much up stairs yet and it might be a long time before I will be able....:heehee: I live in the country too. There's so much that needs to be done now that summer is here that I over do everyday when I'm not working. I love to make my flowerbed look nice so I'm always kneeling down which means I have to at some point stand back up again. I think this is good PT but I do get sore knees for a few days.
 
sqwerlie yoohoo! I have nuts for you!! Also cherries, I happen to know sqwerls like cherries. And a PB&J sandwich too-ooo!
How are you and the S-Fam doing? Haven't heard from you in a while? :)
 
Hi zauberflöte, Littlejem and all....I'm doing ok. I think I've passed a hurdle today. Since last week I have been super tired and nauseous. I've had to force myself to eat even a little and have lost 15 pounds since surgery. But today I woke up feeling a little better and have actually eaten more and feel more alert. I'll post more later, one of daughters needs computer. :skep:
 
Upset tummies are the worst! So glad you're on the OTHER side of that nasty nausea and are eating again (you need nurishment to heal!!) sqwerlie... Many of us were ravenous after a couple weeks and ate everything in sight (and GAINED 15lbs!) Hope your energy returns with your improved appetite :)
 
So glad to hear from you, we were getting worried!! Sorry you've had nausea and losing 15 pounds wow that's not good! We have all been piling the pounds on by eating all the wrong things but not being able to eat is bad news, I'm glad you're feeling a little better.
 
sqwerlie oh my goodness-- do you know what was causing the nausea? I hope the tide has truly turned and that you'll be eating and feeling better all the time. Of course you know, that 15 lbs lost means you get to eat 15 lbs worth of extra food before you even come close to what we've been doing in your absence...:beer:(that's actually chocolate, not a beverage, in its little hands...):heehee:
 
LOL zauberflöte, I hadn't thought of it that way! Bring on the pasta! Actually, the visiting nurse thought it might be from the Lovenox injections, in which case in about another week I'll be done. I did get some ginger ale and I think that is what is making my tummy feel better today. As far as everything else goes, things are progressing nicely. I am down to one crutch. PT said I could get rid of that one when I feel like it, but so far I don't feel confident enough. I am trying to imagine walking without a crutch or a cane....it's been so long! I haven't made any trips out of the house yet, Friday morning I go to the OS for a follow up. The incision looks great, the super glue is peeling off (which is kind of disgusting according to the kids :heehee: ). I can sleep on my unoperated side and my back, so I manage to sleep about 4 hours at a time at night. For pain I am actually down to extra strength Tylenol 3 times a day, then I take an oxycodone at bedtime, sometimes another one in the middle of the night if I need it. The one thing I am really still struggling with, besides the nausea, is the lack of energy, but I expect that at this point, so it's ok. I just announce that Mom is going to take a nap and retreat to the bedroom.
Would you believe another one of the girls wants the computer now? Really?!! I never get a turn anymore! :gaah:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom