Guest viewing is limited

THR It's Super Sqwerl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope it is the injections that are giving you the problems and as you say, at least there will be an end in sight to it, could you maybe get some anti nausea meds? You should hang on to your crutch if it helps with your confidence, no sense letting go until you're ready, maybe try using a cane when someone is around to help. :)
 
sqwerlie well I'd have to go with the Lovenox causing the nausea too then, b/c if it were the Oxy, it would only happen when you took it. So the end is in sight! I'm glad the ginger ale is helping-- tried and true, eh? You sound right on track with the crutch etc, and are sleeping what I would call very well! The naps will persist, oh yes they will, and the family will just have to adapt! Don't get trapped by the fact that one day you may be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound-- the next day (or two) you may need serious rest!
How's the farm holding up without Momma Sqwerlie?
 
zauberflöte, things aren't too bad around here with Mama out of commission. The laundry has piled up a little and the lawn is longer than I like it, but in the grand scheme of things, who cares? :) Littlejem, :doh: I cannot believe I didn't think of that. I have anti nausea meds here from when one of the girls was having trouble with a new med. So far the ginger ale seems to be working nicely, but I will certainly remember that if I need to. I got the cane out today and am using that around the house, but think I will stick with the crutch for now outside the house. Our yard is so uneven, I would hate to stumble. It wouldn't be so bad, but the horses got out this spring and made MANY hoofprints in the then soft muddy lawn. Grrrr....hate bouncing over them with the lawn mower too...although I guess I don't need to worry about that for awhile. :heehee: Well, off to fold one load of laundry, then naptime!! I do love naps :rotfl:
 
It's good to have you back and almost back to how you should be, glad the ginger ale is working for you. :)
 
sqwerlie your horse prints sound like my mole tunnels! I walk very very very carefully in the yard. We have all the moles in the whole neighborhood!!!!! You know, I learned to wrangle a Gravely riding mower in high school-- maybe it's time for the girls to do the yard....while they do, YOU get the computer!! It's good to have you back :)
 
Hi sqwerlie! Glad that you are feeling a bit better today. I am taking something as a blood thinner Xarelto - which is a pill once daily rather than the injection. My appetite is not what it usually is - which may not be a bad thing since my activity is not either. Are you still on crutches? Two or one? Cane? Did you just try it or was it suggested by PT or ? Looking to you to see what is ahead! Take care!
 
Hi Shadow09...thank you. My appetite seems to be returning, slowly. I'll go for awhile when nothing seems appetizing and then all of a sudden there will be something I have to have NOW! :heehee: My PT had me go to one crutch last week and said if I felt secure this week I could go to no crutches. I still feel wobbly, so am using a cane in the house and a crutch outside. Maybe next week I'll try flying solo?
 
I love zauberflöte suggestion about the girls doing the lawn while you get the computer!! Shadow09 I'm also on blood thinning tablets, Pradaxa, but no such luck with my appetite leaving me!!!
 
I saw my OS today for the follow-up. They did x-rays and my replacement is so pretty! :heehee: He is very pleased with the placement and my progress so far. He actually put two screws in, not because there was a problem, he does it with everyone. So now if someone tells me I have a screw loose, I can tell them that the xrays showed my screw is just fine! :loll: Hubby took me out for lunch after and then I came home and literally crashed (into bed). I slept for 3 1/2 hours! It is a long trip to OS, we left at 7:30 and came home at 11. The scary part? I have been given clearance to drive when I feel able to. Hehehehe.....I think I'll wait awhile on that, I don't even feel that steady WALKING yet! I go back in a month for another check, hopefully by then I will have ditched the cane. The whole thing is just kind of amazing when I think about how 3 weeks ago I was in so much pain I could hardly do anything!
 
Jojool so sorry you've had a bad day, I remember all too well. There really is light at the end of the tunnel, it will be a bit of a rough ride at times but you WILL get there. Take care :console2:
 
Well here I am, on the dreaded "night patrol", protecting the house and its occupants from the fuzzy doodles and rouge dust bunnies while everyone else sleeps. :scary: Not by choice, but by duty. The 12 year old keeps waking up and insists she cannot sleep at all unless I am in the room on the computer. So I am waiting until she drifts off again, then I will be derelict in my duties and slink off to bed, eliminating any dangers and hazards on my way there with my trusty crutch. I am sure tomorrow morning will be a "full pot" type of day. :mcoffee: And somebody tell those blasted birds that chirping cheerily at 4:30 am is likely to get a crutch launched at them by a cranky mama! :rotfl:
 
[Bonesmart.org] It's Super Sqwerl!
I can see that crutch flying through the air now:heehee:, sqwerlie. "Night patrol" making the world safe from fuzzy doodles and rogue dust bunnies [Bonesmart.org] It's Super Sqwerl! ---I love it!!!! Those doodles and bunnies must quake in fear every time someone has hip or knee replacement.

A good sense of humor about sleep deprivation is a hugh plus at this stage of recovery---hang on to it.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
Sqwerlie...for goodness sake get your twelve a nice stuffed version of yourself and if that isn't good enough tell her to come in your room and sleep on the floor...tee hee. Sounds as if she is a tender soul who is suffering quietly for mom! Hope she settles soon. I love twelves..have taught 6th grade for 23 years and still find them engaging, amusing and astonishing folks! Hope your evening perambulations settle soon and your replacement cost for broken windows isn't too high.
 
sqwerlie sounds like everything is going good for you. I found out at my 10 day check up that my OS put screws in my hips too. It must be something he just does. I wonder how many of us have them. That's too bad that you are up in the middle of the night because your daughter can't sleep without you. I feel bad for both of you but as a mom I know if your child needs you, you are there no matter what even if you're dead tired. When I was recovering I got into a time where I couldn't sleep and would be up for hours at night. I could sleep til 10:00 in the morning though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom