THR I'm on the other side!!

7 weeks today :)))

Another day Sub Teaching. Small group here 1st block . Quiet testing lab . Worked last Thursday and Friday. Now Monday and Tuesday. Feel really good . Walking 2 to 4 miles a day . Been able to get my sock on my left foot last two days . Little by little leg is healing .
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I'm on the other side!!
    1F5F8435-C446-4D0B-AEA4-66A9AF973C2B.jpeg
    264.3 KB · Views: 114
The sittin /chillin pics crack me up. You look hard at work. :wink: Love it!
You're doing great and your slow and easy approach is paying off.
Happy Tuesday!
@newguy
 
Good Morning, here in North Carolina. It is Friday:))) Yes I have worked everyday this week. I expected to feel a bit sore and tired today BUT it is complete opposite. Yesterday I worked from 10am to 2:30 so a short work day but had a nail in the tire. Had to head to shop. 3 hours later repaired but I basically walked another 2 miles while waiting after the 1.5 mile walk in the morning and 10 minutes on the BIKE spinning for my first day back on the bike. I feel great today. I am now able to get my sock on by myself with no help.!!! Tie my shoes, no help. Able to now get my leg up even on an angle. Yes there is still soreness at the incision / glute area, stiffness and light swelling around the knee and at the end of the day some stiffness at the ankle. All expected. Surgeon says hey those 3 spots will take time to heal. They were the areas that were disturbed, beat up:))). I can do stairs easily now but slowly and use the rail and a cain. 7 weeks and 3 days crazy stuff that my hip pain is ..... GONE! Just the surgical pain which is expected and only a tylenol or motrin every other day if needed. Oh I slept on my surgical side last night for I think an hour!! Kool.

Have a great weekend all. Thinking of you all, get well and thank you all for your help in this journey!!
 
What an inspiring update, new guy! You’ve been doing great and I hope you continue to take things slow, monitoring how your body reacts to increased activity. To me, there is an initial high in the new reality of life without that horrid pain. Also, a new appreciation for the little things that became so difficult as our hip deteriorated. I wish that feeling lasted. I’m not saying the appreciation and gratitude for that second chance ever leaves, but it does seem to fade somewhat as we adjust and settle back into life, so enjoy it while you’re in the moment. I sense your enthusiasm and it’s a joy to witness via your words, it’s refreshing and something I never tire of. I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)
@newguy
 
Yes.... My first 1 hour walk just finished on a sunny Saturday morning. I have been breaking my walks up . 35 min, then another 30 mins later in the day. I just felt good this morning. Ice now for 20 mins then.... Off to Trader Joes, we need cheap wine and coffee:))) maybe some chocolate,:))) Just the staples...
 
Well another interesting little today story. Another nail in another tire!!! This one has dropped the pressure to 19 pounds. So I have dropped the car off 1 mile from the house and walked home. I cannot physically change the tire yet. Nope, cannot put that kind of pressure to remove the lug nuts to put spare on. Plus these are only 8 month old new tires. I just am snake bit with running over nails screws and bolts!! But but but I have a new hip that makes me able to walk the mile home and probably the mile back later. Don’t want to bother my neighbors. This one car experiment for the past 10 years is getting old :))) .
 
Ugh :groan:That is too bad about the nail in the tire. Bummer...but look what you accomplished all on your own! You’re doing so well. I hope you have a good rest of the day, a wonderful week and no more nails in tires. :)
@newguy
 
8 weeks today . A half day sub teaching job today . Home Ec!! Sewing class . 11:00- 2:15 . Been spinning on my bike now 20 minutes a day along with 2 to 4 mile walks . Still watching how I feel after the walks and bike . Ice end of day . Funny a 2 to 4 mile walk …. I used to run 10 to 15 miles a day but let’s not forget the last year I could not walk around the block !!! I love this new titanium/Ceramic bad boy !!
 
Stop! :heehee: Are you kidding about sewing class, because I joked about that earlier on your thread? If not, you’ll probably be the coolest sewing teacher they ever had.

You’re doing great and I can’t commend you enough on monitoring your activity allowing your body to be your guide, rather than just pushing it. It’s paying off in a big way, with no stalls in your recovery. Happy Tuesday, enjoy sewing class, if you’re not bluffing us. :wink: Never know, it seems they have you subbing for anything and everything.
@newguy
 
Oh yes . This is my sewing room for 4th block . But tomorrow and Thursday will be English II and speech class :)))
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I'm on the other side!!
    926564AD-3984-42FA-AED7-2207127A1718.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 96
Haha…Love it! Switching it up will make it feel less monotonous.
Enjoy!
@newguy
 
On my 60th day Post Op I just finished a 5 mile walk :))) Oh wife said she wanted to take a walk so we went to a park and did 1 more mile . So 6 today . Feels really good!!
 
Last edited:
Doing good, newguy! :yahoo:
Life changing, isn’t it?
Happy Saturday!
 
Another 6 mile walk today . On dees feets;))) Ice after :)))
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I'm on the other side!!
    DF264C75-27BE-4B5C-9EEE-05C9E92D4EC9.jpeg
    211.8 KB · Views: 100
2 months!! Big changes, walking longer not much swelling left . Yes after being on feet all day some so still ice at times. Yes 5 and 6 mile walks this weekend. Still being careful bring a cane on walks and use it on stairs at school while working . I said I was going to work a couple of days a week well it’s been like 4 or 5 days:))) Not been a problem. All in all a good second month here . Oh sure still some aches in all the cut places but genius that new hip !!!Hope you all in new hip land are improving . It does get better . Positive actions were made by our surgical interventions . Keep a positive attitude:)))) Let’s do this!! Spring and summer are coming!!! Oh and hey Yorkiesimon, dancing in the kitchen you said … yes yesterday we were walking through the grocery store music was playing and yes a few dance steps were taken !!
 
Last edited:
Hi @newguy
So good to see how well you are doing.

:walking: and dancing :happyfeet:
That bone crunching pain, gone :yes!:

The Little things are sweet and this summer will be even sweeter.:SUNsmile:
 
Happy Two Month Anniversary!
yes yesterday we were walking through the grocery store music was playing and yes a few dance steps were taken !!
Love this!
Great update. Keep up the icing when needed, as you’re doing. It’s wise that you take the cane along at this point, even if you don’t use it. Two months is still early into the healing journey. You sound so good and just think…it’s going to get even better! Woohoo!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom