Guest viewing is limited

THR I'm on the other side!!

He said well guy you look great !! Made my morning:)))
I’ll bet it did! It’s so wonderful to jump back into life, minus the pain. You’re doing so well and to think it will get even better…yep, it will!
Have a wonderful weekend. :walking:
 
Oh how to tell when you don’t need the cane anymore. When you have gone back to work on the third floor, no elevator 52 steps . Then you leave for the day walk down the 52 steps and remember when you got to the bottom of the stairs you left the cane up on the third floor !! Then go back up 52 steps and get the nice flowered print cane and walk back down 52 steps twirling the cane :)))
 
Then go back up 52 steps and get the nice flowered print cane and walk back down 52 steps twirling the cane :)))

Now that’s a confident man! You floral cane twirler, you! :happyfeet:

Wondering if you feel safer with the cane in hand when there is a need to navigate busy halls? It does signal people to steer clear, but since you seem to be the Jack of All Trades at that school, I’m guessing every student is familiar with you and aware you just experienced surgery.
You’re doing great…keep it up. :)
 
I have been waiting until halls are clear to navigate the them . Trying to avoid the covid !! 3 shots in me and a mask . The cane I bring on my long walks . Had it today and used it walking over the rocky earthen dam in the neighborhood.
 
Just walked up 26 stairs not needing to use the railing and down 26 stair with no railing!!! Twice!!!12.5 weeks PO!! Yes I am happy. Walking an average of 5 miles a day and biking on the trainer 25 mins a day.
 
Last edited:
You da man!! :yahoo:

No doubt you are happy. You are doing so well and your joy spills over. You’re one of the most enthusiastic hippy’s I’ve ever met, well…not met, but kinda / sorta met. :)

Have a great end of the week!
@newguy
 
Was reading an article this evening, here is something that caught my eye……

It’s common, but is still major surgery. “You’re ripping out a big segment of the body, and replacing it mechanically—that is a massive assault on the human body,” Mass General’s Harris reflects. “And yet it has an extraordinary success rate.”

True !!
 
Well today 2 days shy of three months Post Op . I just walked 8 miles non stop in a bit over 2 hours!! Yes all it gets better !!! Ice now :)))
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Hopefully it’s all you hoped for and more. You’re doing great…keep it up.
Have a wonderful week!
@newguy
 
:egypdance::egypdance::egypdance:3 months and lots of improvement yet to come!
Hope your week is Happy!
 
Walked up 52 stairs today and down not needing to hold the rail . Better and better . Been averaging 5 miles walking every day . 25 mins on the spin bike every day . Been teaching now everyday .
 
Oh, newguy, I was just saying something like this to my husband last night on our walk. A 5 or 10K run went by so quickly but to walk it? Boring! But necessary.
I hope it's nice weather and you really enjoy the longer distance!
 
And that’s okay! You certainly haven’t lost your spark through all of this. Life evolves and we make changes, usually for the better because we’re older and wiser. :wink:
I know you miss running, but I’m convinced you’ll find a new love that you have just as much passion for. I was whining to my mom one day about something I can no longer do with ease and she quickly reminded me that aging, which is better than it’s alternative, does bring adjustments and that I‘m able to do things she can’t do, just as my daughter is able to do things I can no longer do and the same for my granddaughter. I’d say you’re doing magnificently well and your future look very bright! :SUNsmile: Happy Saturday…enjoy the weekend!
@newguy
 
Well we are back 2 hours and 50+ mins , about 10 miles . Walking about 130 steps a minute. At one point a little 1 and a half year old was on his tiny bike big helmet on BIG smile to me as I walked by he says HI :))) then looks at his dad says olf ub, dad says no that’s not a golf club he is carrying:))) . I still take my Cane on my long walks . Not needed but it feels safer still . Made me smile . Nice sunny cool day here . Even saw a bunch of those French geese with the colored big narly heads and colored feathers by the lake I walked by . I feel really good . Some ice now .
 
15+ Weeks , walking and walking . Average now 5+ miles a day . Planted a 10 foot tree Saturday. Dug the hole got 15 gallon container tree into the hole backfilled the roots . Was careful not to over use and twist . Still lots more healing to happen . Leg is getting stronger. All good so far . Ice every evening.
 
You sound like you are super happy with your recovery @newguy
Glad you are being mindful about not twisting and still giving your hip some "chill" time.
I did much the same.

What kind of tree did you plant?
It can be your Hippy Tree.:tada:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom