THR I'm on the other side!!

40 days Post op . Another milestone. Walked up and down 6 stairs normally. Plus walked my 50th mile since that surgery day of December 21st . I have walked further but I am just counting the morning or afternoon walks outside :)) No cane anymore, I still carry it for a steep rise or uneven ground walking at the park on a trail . Happy Sunday:)))
 
I'm reading this wondering why all the pain. I had a partial hip replacement because of a bad fall on Nov 1, I'm on my 3rd month of recovery. I do have pain in groin area sometimes and use a cane when it happens.
I've never had pain so bad that I needed to take painkillers since 3 days after surgery. Maybe I'm lucky, if you need the surgery have it, not everyone has that excruciating pain.
 
Pain? Those first two weeks were a bit of a thing but I only used Tylenol and Motrin. I took 1 5 mg oxy on the first night and still have 41 in the bottle. I only have slight discomfort at the knee and near the incision. But I’m walking pain free and did 4 miles today:))Oh my limp is gone!!!
 
It does!:happydance:
Finding our boundaries and keeping the recovery momentum going incrementally gets a bit trickier when you get to feeling "normal" again.

Just keep listening to your body @newguy
You've done very well!
Lots of Improvements to come.
 
Best wishes for your visit with the surgeon tomorrow. I’ll bet you get a gold star.
Let us know how your appointment goes if you care to share. We’d love to hear.
Happy Six Weeks! :yay:
@newguy
 
Post op Appointment…

Surgeon says perfect . At where he would expect me to be . Zero restrictions.. no worries about 90 degrees . The knee , and areas that were disturbed are normal. Basically he says you are at 60% . It will be 6,9 or 10+ months to be all healed . Everyone is different. He is extremely happy with my ability to walk now 4 miles a day . I don’t have to see him until December 2!! All good .He is happy I have decided not to run much going forward. I have a titanium stem and cut with plastic liner with a ceramic ball . He says we fixed you :))). I am actually going to sub teach tomorrow first aid and health classes at my high school. Yea I’m going I feel great !!
 
YAY for…Perfectly, perfect! :happydance: I sense your exuberance. It’s great to get a nod from the surgeon that all is well and you’re progressing as you should. It makes the early days of recovery all so worth it. Have fun back on the job and visiting with work colleagues tomorrow!
@newguy
 
@newguy that's an awesome update and good to hear you feel up to subbing a couple of classes. Maybe take a couple ice packs with you, just in case. Hopefully you can sit down here and there during classes. Enjoy yourself! :egypdance:
 
Easy day so far :)))
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I'm on the other side!!
    image.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 138
Yeah! I’d say so. Looks like you’re chillin in your comfy shoes. I’ll bet it feels good to be back though and visit with friends too. I’m happy you're able to take it easy. Certainly takes the pressure off. Enjoy! :wave:
@newguy
 
@newguy happy that you had a good day and still feel up to a 3 mile walk. :walking:
 
Basically he says you are at 60% . It will be 6,9 or 10+ months to be all healed .
So glad you’re getting back to life. I like that your surgeon paints a realistic picture. Continue to listen to that hip and baby it if it needs it. Blessings for continued good healing and many more milestones.
 
Trying to sleep on the new hip side…. Uh nope :))) feels like a golf ball . No pain just an uncomfortable pressure. So not happening. All that soft tissue muscle tendons still need to heal . Looking back on my first day back at work . If I had a hard labor job ? No way would I have been able to preform. A lot more tiring. But I’m going back today as the band teacher !! I think he has a movie to show and class leaders to run the class . I can sit by the open door to outside to stay away from any infected Covid Kids. All masked in our school and it’s a warm day here 70F. All good gang . 1 day at a time.
 
People discount the amount of effort returning to work takes. Getting up and ready for work, the drive there and the preparation. Then there is the actual activity followed by the drive home. When you have been spending all your energy on healing, it's tough to make the transition. This is why we recommend the phase approach to returning to work.

Easy does it @newguy ! Stay safe!
 
But I’m going back today as the band teacher!

You‘re a Jack of all Trades! Monday, it’s sewing class.:heehee:
Glad to read you’re respecting your limitations and what’s even better is your employer accommodating you. Have a beautiful weekend!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom