Bilateral THR I rode!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:...We will NEVER go far from the forum Jo. But sometimes we like to "chat" about other stuff NOT pertaining to body parts :hehe:!

Like encouraging C4 to become a stand up comedian! She's a hoot!:thmb:
 
Hey!
[Bonesmart.org] I rode!
Stop luring people away from my forum! :wink:




C4 - is it really 6 months already? That's amazing! How time flies!

No! Not until Dec. 22!

C4:gbh:
 
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:...We will NEVER go far from the forum Jo. But sometimes we like to "chat" about other stuff NOT pertaining to body parts :hehe:!

Like encouraging C4 to become a stand up comedian! She's a hoot!:thmb:
I am game....Book me a gig!

C4:xmtr:
 
Surgeon's PA said things are healing well and I am doing great.

Denies my nerve damage is related to the surgery.....yea, yea....

Say's I am better off on a W-I-D-E-horse, the greater the spread the more stable the hips will be,..ugh...kinda late for that news now buddy, I am trying to get accustomed to my new narrow ride!!

Claims my limp & occassional thigh throb is muscle weakness in the left leg and claims my legs are even and wants me to try not to limp.

Also said it will take 1 year to be healed from the surgeries.

Will need to take antibiotics for the rest of my life going to the dentist..and if a customer bites me.

Also said not to worry about my temporary hip soreness after sleeping on my sides.

C4:xmtr:
 
All good stuff, C4. What a great report!

Why is a wider horse better than a narrower horse to ride?

What does he mean by the hips are more stable the wider the horse??

We do not ride a bike or walk around in a straddle position....

A horse is wider than any of the above....:pzld:

C4
 
I have no idea, my dear! You make some good points too.
 
I meant that I don't think there is an answer because for all the reasons you stated, he made no sense. In point of fact you made more sense than he did! :thmb:
 
Gosh, C4, six months already !!!

I must say, though, MY OS is THE cutest thing around........ :bls:
 
Gosh, C4, six months already !!!

I must say, though, MY OS is THE cutest thing around........ :bls:

In less than a week it will be 6 mos. Then I will officially be released to ride again..only we are in an artic freeze!

Knew I was getting old when the Dr.'s kept looking younger & younger,LOL




C4
:sleigh:
 
In my first 'in charge' post in charge of an orthopaedic OR, the senior surgeon was always saying to me "Yes, sister, and the policemen are getting younger too, aren't they?"

Annoying thing was, I was a mere 26 yrs old at the time! :hsft:
 
C4 good report. I take much encouragement from your comments they make so much sense to me. I get the same pains perhaps its our muscles we use for riding ! I am lucky then my horse is quite wide I was thinking that maybe she was to wide but obviously not from what you were told. Yay !! hope the weather improves for you
 
Funny, after reading this thread it brought back memories...

When we were children various fairs were held and they always offered pony rides for the kids, 25 cents. I was NEVER able to sit on the pony comfortably and would hang on for dear life until someone took me off!

Just dawns on me of late thet my hips were NEVER right and that was why I was naver able to sit!

If I was born today I bet they would have discovered I had some hip problems and probably would have been able to correct it at birth...:skep:
 
I had to see if I could ride a bicycle again, it had been years that my old hips would allow. And yes I can, thanks to my new hips! I felt like a little kid in the toy store!! And of course I rode a little too, the live version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_OYRhSIXrk

C4

Click on the picture to make bigger.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] I rode!
    untitled.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 221
That video is supposed to have music, but it is STILL processing:th_hate-shocked:I am getting more used to her "narrowness".
I have not been able to pedal a bike in years! I just did not have the ROM to get my leg up to pedal...it was insufferable. I was happily surprised I can now w/ my new hips!!:th_yay: Ha, ha..I wonder if the PA would say a wider bicycle is best too!:th_heehee:


C4
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom