Bilateral THR I rode!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rofl::rofl: Wide bicycles....that's pretty funny!
 
Isn't she a lovely animal? Has she a nice nature?

Well done you! That looks great.

How about this for a wider bike? :snk:

[Bonesmart.org] I rode!
 
Awesome C4!!! I havent rode a bike in over a year either. I cant wait until this spring and join in the bike riding fun!!:thmb:
 
Can't wait to see you rev that one up C4! Well done you!
 
Thanks everyone:smile: She is a lovely mare. She can get nervous at times and blow & snort, but she does not over react. She does love her food and get's a little serious at feeding time:lol:But she is very smart and sensible.

Sure ship me that bike and I will ride it..:rofl:


C4:myxmas:
 
Geesh..I am having some pain!! Tonight letting the horses in at the barn...I did not see the big Thoroughbred gelding any where...so I assumed, (big mistake), that he was not turned out today...as I let the mares in I was closing their gate and I heard NOTHING coming up behind me...but the big gelding slammed into my back from a dead run and pushed me into the gate! My groin was screaming, right leg...I am sure I am not dislocated because it would be far worse than this!!

Have not had any good pain meds for months as I have not needed them. Have taken some wine for the pain.

Real painful to lift right leg up stairs worse than down...and trying to get right leg in and out of car....what could this be??

Cfour
 
Cfour....Jo and I were just talking about you and wondering how you were doing.

I'm sorry you had this accident today...I know it must hurt. Of course, you wouldn't be walking if you had dislocated a hip. You most likely are going to be really sore for a while. I mean....imagine the impact of a horse at a dead run hitting you from the back!

Please take things easy for a bit, rest and take something for the pain. You really might want to consider checking with your doctor too just to be sure you don't have any injuries that need attention other than the rest and meds.
 
I have been doing great...busy, working...playing w/ the ponies....I guess I will have to take it easy. Too bad I lost my cane months ago. This burns me up as I should not have assumed that beast was not lurking around out there in the darkness ...he is a big nasty brute! If that gate had not been there he would have tampled me to the ground for sure!:th_2hissy1:

See how I feel Mon. and if still hurting will call the OS's.
​
Thanks,
C4
 
Oooh - that sounds scary as well as painful. But new hips or not, you know you were going to hurt after an accident like that, don't you? You'll feel better when you've talked with or seen your surgeon. Good to hear from you anyway.
 
C4 - I was just thinking about you last night and wondering how you were doing. So sorry to hear about your accident. Very scary!

I hope you can rest some and maybe ice those sore spots. Do check with your doc if things get any worse.

Good to hear from you though. Take care!
 
Yea, that horse is known as dangerous and it was wrong of me to assume he was in the barn.

I did not fall...just slammed into the gate by his neck and chest.
Right upper leg/groin still sore.
I will live.

I will give it some time to feel better.
Don't want to get more radiation/x-rays than necessary or more medical bills!

C4
PS: Too bad we cannot make our font pretty colors anymore.:cry1:
 
Yes you can. It's still the same as far as that goes.
You should have the WYSIWYG editor in both Quick Reply and Go Advanced just as before.
Can you not see them?
 
Jeez so sorry about this. Mean, mean horse.
You've already gotten good advice. I'm sure it's going to take a bit to recover from that kind of hit. Do get it checked out if it doesn't start recovering in what seems like a normal time frame, or if you find new problems in the way you're functioning. My one other suggestion is go get yourself another cane if you're limping or feel the need for extra support - they're really not that expensive. Or make yourself a walking stick. Good luck and stay in touch! Kim
 
Hi Cfourhorses
So sorry to hear about this sounds very mean horse!!
I like you did something very similar at 11 weeks after surgery. I assumed that going to get my mare in from the field which I have been doing for years would be no problem. Only this time she got scared of the others, pushed me to the side ran off and I fell onto my operated side. Did it hurt for days!!!! and my pride was hurt, I cried all the way back down to the yard cos I thought I would not be able to do this simple task any more. Now at 5 months on I can laugh about it but at the time was so upset.
Hope you dont take to long to get back to where you were take care
:thmb:
 
C-4!!!
I am so sorry!
Right, this would have hurt whether or not you'd had the surgery.
I hope you can rest up some.

I, too, had been wondering about you and how you were doing. So sorry to have this happen in order to hear about you!
 
Ouch, ouch, ouch! I am glad you are all right! Take good care of yourself; I imagine you'll be pretty sore after this.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom