Bilateral THR I rode!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem:hehe: I have 2 operated legs:hehe:

C4
 
C4 the deep throbbing is your body telling you that you have pushed too far. You are only 6 months out. Things are still settling. I find lifting and excessive activity does the same thing to me as well.

I was told the same thing about my left hip - no cartilage, etc. I am sure Jo can give you the technical input - but on the practical side without the THR you would be in a wheelchair and probably never get out of it. My hip had dislocated since there was nothing holding things together anymore.

Hope you can get some downtime!
 
Fuse means joined together as if one. Like when metal objects are fused together by welding.
 
They would not be able to move then....the hip bone would adhere to the pelvis bone?
C4
 
Yes, Cfour....you would have been in a very bad place without your surgery. I'm not sure why you're asking...but please do know that you did the right thing. Remember....before surgery, you were barely getting around!!
 
Yes, Cfour....you would have been in a very bad place without your surgery. I'm not sure why you're asking...but please do know that you did the right thing. Remember....before surgery, you were barely getting around!!
Not regretting... just wondering if I lived 70 yrs. ago what would be...also like to know the techniacal...inquiring minds want to know:rotfl:

If a horse with a certain hock condition is allowed to let fusion take place they can recover and be pain free...just wondering what the human body would do w/ the hips and if after they fused would the pain have been gone.:pzld:

C4
 
C4-I hope you are feeling better?!
Also wanted to tell you I love your avatar, very nice with the antlers on your beautiful horse!!:thmb:
 
C4-I hope you are feeling better?!
Also wanted to tell you I love your avatar, very nice with the antlers on your beautiful horse!!:thmb:
Thanks, yours is cute too!


Feeling good.


I am convinced my left leg is shorter than my right!


C4 :myxmas:
 
C4 - my op leg ended up longer after my op. Have you discussed this with your OS? You might try a little lift in your shoe if it is really bothering you. I use these and they really do the trick. But you need someone (PT or OS) to do a proper measurement before you try anything.
 
Supposedly the OS lengthened a leg to even them out.....

Next week I see the PA & I WILL tell him about my nerve damage & shorter leg!!

C4:myxm:
 
Hi, C4

I thought you were done with that PA!

It sounds like you are doing great and likely should find some additional young barn help to share the heavy load of manure :)

Along with the medicine . . . remember to ice and be nice to your body :)

When I have my thigh pain emerge . . . it's my reminder for how lucky I am to now be bionic and be able to move and do so much. I recently had an opportunity to shovel manure at my relatives farm . . . both horses have both a stall and an outside pen that makes it so easy to clean up :)

Happy Holidays!
 
I do not have a choice Leslee:nah:
He is the OS's PA so I am stuck.

Feeling the throb today!!
I wonder if the COLD may be contributing??:pzld:


C4:xmtr:
 
Stop trying to pass the buck! :wink: :hehe: You do too much, you have to pay the price!


(I do know and understand - when your animals need attention, you have no choice)
 
Stop trying to pass the buck! :wink: :hehe: You do too much, you have to pay the price!


(I do know and understand - when your animals need attention, you have no choice)
Yep...NO choice....besides my auto-loan disablity stopped in Sept. and stated I was released by the OS on 9/22 to "HEAVY LABOR":hsft: I have THAT in writting!!

C4:myxmas:
 
Aww, C4. Hard labour! Sounds like a prison sentence! :cnsl:
 
I have my 6 month exam with the PA today...not wild about this PA but it is just the way it is:cool:

Actually I have only seen the surgeon for about 10 minutes for the actual exam because he was in a hurry and about 5 minutes the day after surgery because then he went on vacation but it is just the way it is....But he is much easier on the eyes than his spindly PA!:chrgrn:

I am no cougar so no worries!! One husband in my life has been plenty! My husband's primary Dr......oh my, love his accent & killer smile!!:lvrs: Yea, I do not get out much....

OK...back on topic...I will tell the PA about my nerve damage, limp...suspect my right leg is now longer than the left... & my occasional deep thigh throb....

That PA is the one who released me to "heavy labor" 8 weeks after my bi-lats...I called the OS complained and he was humane enough to give me an additional month.

I suspect the consultation will be uneventful and maybe I can get a script for an orthotic or a refferal to see the orthotic department.

C4:myxmas:
 
Hope it goes ok for you C4!!! And I liked reading your post, entertaining :ee:

xoxoxox

Linda
 
Thanks...I guess I am in a rambling mood this AM!:chki:XOXO

C4:xmaswin:
 
are you on facebook - feel like chatting?

I'm Linda Deering Walmsley....
 
Hey!
[Bonesmart.org] I rode!
Stop luring people away from my forum! :wink:



C4 - is it really 6 months already? That's amazing! How time flies!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom