Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR I rode!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow C-4, you be careful now. That is why I like steel horses, they just stand up on their kickstands bothering nobody when not being ridden....hehehe
 
Grateful: I do not need a cane..I need a WHIP!:lol:

C4
 
Awww Rider...everyone thinks our danger is on the back of a horse:th_skeptical:,we know different...I am all better now...back to where I was...still have some discomfort if I lay on one side or the other too long...but that is where I have been at for months...nothing to complain about!!
My daughter's horse really wanted her hay tonight and I was avoiding her bucking and rearing as I got her hay to her..oh yea on ice:wink:

C4
 
Debowma...I am recovered now...did not know what to expect but all OK!

C4
 
Pbuck...the steel horses are sooo predictable :snk:

C4
 
CFourhorses you are funny, yes we do face all sorts of dangers on the ground dont we!!! sounds like your skills extend to skating now:th_heehee: I am so pleased you are back to where you were . I spent the other day clipping my big mares feathers boy did my back and leg muscles ache like never before I could hardly move. Think I might just stick to riding its much easier:thmb:
 
Did you train the horse, Cfour???
 
Did you train the horse, Cfour???
To do this. She is 10 and I did have her at a trainers for 6 weeks this fall for trail riding experience. I have been working on the indoor obstacles myself.

I want to add a curtain this weekend, also start her on pushing a large ball w/ her front legs and get back to the cap gun work w/ her.

Equine agility is a growing sport, (like the dogs agility), only I cannot run anymore :( But maybe I could train her to do all this fast while I ride a bike:wink: Like this guy:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmkxnpkPjWE&feature=autoplay&list=ULm6xX-vnvF4M&index=7&playnext=1


I am alone at the farm most of the time and will not ride w/out someone else there...so at least this gives us something to do together.


In April I am riding in a mounted police clinic...hope I survive!:th_heehee:


Seeing my video it still looks like I have a slight limp......:pzld: Although I do not feel like I am limping.



C4
 
C4 - your work with your horse is very impressive. Lot's of hard work for both of you! I trained dogs for many years - in obedience and we also did search and and agility.

What will you do with the mounted police? That sounds interesting!
 
<TABLE border=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>Learn mounted police training techniques that encourage partnership and communication to achieve exceptional trust between rider and horse. Riders will work with their mounts in creative sensory and obstacle situations with the emphasis on introductory obstacle challenges using proven police horse training techniques.
Riders are expected to have basic control of their horse, including the ability to walk, trot, turn, and stop their horse on command. Workshops may have up to 12 horses; riders should be comfortable riding in large groups and in pairs. Horses participating in the workshop should have some out-of-arena experience and be free of dangerous vices (i.e. kicking). Helmets and appropriate footwear are required for all riders.
Auditors should feel free to bring their own chair for comfort while viewing.
Joann Long, President of Gentle Dove Farm, is National Mounted Police and Toronto Police Services Certified. With over twelve years in the mounted police, Joann has plenty of police horse competition experience. She has successfully competed in international mounted police competitions and earned multiple Grand Champion titles at the North American Police Equestrian Championships, the Brigadier Memorial Champion Award for the top combined obstacle and equitation points with over 100 of the best international mounted police competing, and NYS Police Olympics Gold Medal winner 4 years in a row.


C4


</TD><TD width=400>
[Bonesmart.org] I rode!



</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD>

</TD><TD width=400>
[Bonesmart.org] I rode!



</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
 
It took me a long time to get up the courage just to read your original post, based on the title! I thought, ooh this will be bad... I am so glad to read that you're recovering from the experience!
 
Wow C4 - sounds like quite a challenge - but lot's of fun. There is something about working together with an animal that is very special. Total trust. Great stuff!
 
I enjoy it:smile:

I do not have the opportunity to be around people very much so I do enjoy my animal companions.:dogkiss:

C4
 
Im very glad to hear you are doing OK ! I love your video , what a great horse and great training!!:thmb:You both should do very well at the police training!!
 
You know what, C4? the thing that's jumped out at me from those vids (apart from your gorgeous young mare!) is how wonderfully well you are walking!

I'm not kidding -
gait: normal,
stride: normal,
balance: normal.

And you're not even 8 months yet! Amazing!
 
Thanks. I feel very normal. If there is a limp it is barely detectable now.:smile:


C4
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom