Bilateral THR I rode!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does not "hurt", it is more like electric shocks....at 1st I thought that I had a cut on the bottom of my toe...but it was fine...then I started to move my foot around and could make the feeling happen....just odd.

If I slide my heel I can really make it happen!! At least it does not light up and GLOW! LOL

I guess that is why after surgery they ask you to move your feet and legs!


C4
 
Oh that's sad. I've had to look after a number of horse riders in theatre over the year. Some had fairly moderate injuries but some were - not so nice.
 
So you are saying this annoyance may go away?:pzld:

C4
 
If someone is 5+ mos. out & not having any major issues does 22 days make a big difference in the healing process?:pzld: Just curious.

C4
 
Re: Does 22 Dya Make a Big Difference?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, C4......is there something that you want to do and think you need to wait until the 6-month mark?
 
Re: Does 22 Dya Make a Big Difference?

Yes, my horse comes back from training on 11/30. The OS did not want me to ride until 6 mos. post op which would be 12/22...lets say I wanted to ride my horse 12/1....in the 22 days ...how much healing at this point would be gained in 21-22 days??

I really do not want to let her stand idle for another 3 weeks after coming back from the trainer...so I am askying physically will 22 days make a big difference in my healing?? I am not asking you to condone this just how much more healing physically will there be??


C4
 
Re: Does 22 Dya Make a Big Difference?

I don't think anyone can answer that, C4. Healing doesn't take place on a day-by-day timetable. The 6-month timeframe your surgeon established for you is likely an arbitrary one where he feels that you are safely past all dangers. Why don't you just call his office and ask if it's all right to start riding a bit at the point where you would like to start exercising your new horse? You might be pleasantly surprised to get a green light since you are doing well.
 
Re: Does 22 Dya Make a Big Difference?

Quite so. It's not a written down kind of timetable which we can refer to. Recovery is different for everyone.
 
Yea...I will not call the OS...they will just ask the PA that said I could ride 7 wks. post op. You never never get through to the OS. I don't want to start an issue over there. I feel fine so I will ride at my own risk when I get her back. It is not like I have not dabbled getting on for a few months now. The OS said he can never say it will ever be completly safe....I get that.

A week plus ago I rode her on an hour long trail ride and felt fine(see avitar)...
Just wondered if 22 days made a huge difference.

She is almost gun broke now and the trainer should be shooting blanks off her tomorrow.
This is what I want to do:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE-FthPCsa8

C4
 
I'd venture to say 6 months is arbitrary & if you can prove you are ready to ride 3 weeks earlier, I'm certain your surgeon will listen.
 
Gosh, C4 - hope you wear ear defenders doing that! And for the horsies! And it's fast, isn't it?
 
Yep, it is fast...however, there are different levels.:evil: I will be in the slow level!!

Horsies have ear plugs...so can we:thmb:

I have come full circle...when I was a teen I was in a horse book for riding speed:hehe:


C4
 
Wow....I will just be happy to be able to get on a horse again never mind ride....lol. It's been years. Luckily I have a friend with a beautifull very well mannered mare that I will try out again some day....I hope...lol
 
when I was a teen I was in a horse book for riding speed
You mean you were booked for speeding? That must have been some fast nag! :evil: :hehe:


(just kidding!)
 
Have a person coming to see my horse Tues.

She sounds very nice and I hope she likes her because it sounds like she would give her a very good home.

With the mounting medical bills it is not possible to keep her.

C4
 
C4, Thanks for the neat videos. I saw the movie (Black Stallion?) holding your "dream video" just recently. I'm glad your getting to do what you want to do. But please don't pull anything loose, that is, don't break too many vows to your care givers.
As for me, horses generally just want to...how to say it...just get ride of me, whether its scraping me off on a barn,running under a row of low fruit trees or just running up to body of water and stoping suddenly in the hopes I will go over them into the drink. Maybe I just haven't met the right horse. At any rate I admire what your doing-that is, good wholesome activity again.
Best wishes, Jim
 
Hi C4
Congrats on getting back to riding, I just had to put my last horse down on Fri. She was 30 years old and had been doing well, when we had a bad run of rain and cold she went down very quickly, she was the most wonderful girl, we have had Arabs for 4o years and she was my last, I had her mother and she was born here and went to many shows and competitive trail rides.
Hope the person turns out to be wonderful and is a great home for your horse.
Margaret
 
Hi C4
Congrats on getting back to riding, I just had to put my last horse down on Fri.
Hope the person turns out to be wonderful and is a great home for your horse.

I am so sorry for you loss Margaret:cnsl:You gave her a good life.

I hope it works out with the lady too for our horse.

C4
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom