Bilateral THR I rode!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, of course you will, although it'll take several months of gradual improvement. It's still very early!!

I'll bet your back pain will disappear as well as your general fitness improves. Mine has!!!:thmb:
Sounds good and I am slopping around in mudd at the farm, not easy even when one has their own joints, LOL...


Thanks,
C4
 
I agree with Tykey!
 
I've read on here many times that complete healing takes up to a full year.
So hang in there C4, you are doing very hard work that would be difficult for anyone!!
 
True. On the 4th I see my pain Dr., (have not been since pre op)...maybe he will inject my SI joints agin!:thmb:

C4
 
C4 - stamina is the one area in my 8+ week recovery I'm still lacking. I keep forgetting less than two months ago I went through a major surgery and try to do way too much. I'm still doing great but just yesterday after my 6:30am PT session I came home and sat in my chair and didn't have the energy to get out of it to get ready for work. I emailed the job and told them I would be in after lunch. I've been going and going for the last three weeks and it finally caught up with me yesterday. After that I made the discussion that for the remaining month of PT, I'm only going to work the first half of each Tue & Thurs and go to PT on those afternoons......no more full days at work and PT on the same day.

And losing 50lbs would also be nice to...:D:D:D

PS...Doctor said I can ride my iron horse three months post-op....a little over three weeks from now.
 
Good decision, Pete!!! It's tough when you're starting to feel like yourself again, but you do need to give yourself time to get that stamina back. It's gonna come when it's gonna come and not one day sooner...no matter what!
 
PS...Doctor said I can ride my iron horse three months post-op....a little over three weeks from now.
Yippee! That will be here soon!!

Cannot wait to start riding my new horse mid Dec. (6 mos. post op):evil: Maybe then I can start losing weight:thmb:

C4
 
Hi C-4 -
It has taken me a long time to get my stamina back. I think I'm about there now, maybe.... and I'm almost 7 months! You are doing a lot and expecting a lot of yourself.

New horse..... sigh....:thmb:
 
Yep...she is at the trainers to be well tuned for me:thmb:

C4

Congrats on your new horse.
I too have my trainer riding my horse while I recover and it's great.
He's still a bit green and I see improvement every week.
It's another postive in regards to my surgery!:jump:
 
Ha, ha...I went to the trainer's and rode on a trail ride this AM...it was wonderful!:jump:

Absolutely NO PAIN!:thmb:


Ok, so I rode 6 weeks before my OS wanted me to...oh well:wink:

11-11-09 was my last real trail ride until today 11-8-10:wahey:....what a difference a year makes!


C4
 
Oh my!!! You look great up on her, she is beautiful!!! Im soooo happy to hear your happiness and I am soo happy to hear NO PAIN!!!

How many hands is she??
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom