THR Houston Liveringer Has Landed With New Hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
ByGosh
[Bonesmart.org] Houston Liveringer Has Landed With New Hip
[Bonesmart.org] Houston Liveringer Has Landed With New Hip
[Bonesmart.org] Houston Liveringer Has Landed With New Hip
[Bonesmart.org] Houston Liveringer Has Landed With New Hip
 
bottomshollow Glad you didn't mind a pun on your screen name! It was just too tempting.
Now tell me, how do you get all of those cute animated images over here? I read that you save them from google, but how do you upload them onto this forum? You have to tell me. I could have lots of fun with some pictures.
 
An update I made it home early afternoon. The getting in the car has been most challenging but got through it. Still pain is at just about 0, ice is my friend 24/7, meds are controlled to where there is not pain. I am one happy camper so far and no arthritis pain :egypdance:
 
Hi Liveringer Great news that you have made it home and you are pain free. I remember that car ride home from hospital, mine was very uncomfortable but you are there now Sending you all my good wishes for your continued recovery.
 
Liveringer: i cut a trash bag in half and placed it on the car seat...it makes it easier to pivot around on the seat...i used the other half of the bag to help me slide into and out of bed without any undue stress on the incision. Hope you have a good nite. Take care.
 
Karen how are you managing at home?
Are you having home PT visits?
Good to hear your are controlling your pain well!
 
cnydutch I am managing very well at home. I am doing my own PT at home as my county had no one available until next week. Dr. Greenky okayed that I could do my own PT, same as in the hospital but had me stay in one extra day to make sure I had it down. I do exactly like I am suppose to, the therapists at hospital sent me home with the exercises. I will call this week to set up outpatient therapy for the middle of next week. Tuesday the 23rd go to the PA to have the staples removed. I would love to know where you are located. One of my friends came by the other day and talking about this guy that had both hips done and she can't believe how well he is moving around. When she told me this story I wondered if...just if this could be you.....lol
 
Hello everyone thought I would update my own thread. This is Day 7 post op and I am still doing great. My pain remains at zero everyone once in awhile I feel a twinge around the staple area. I do everything by the book ice, rest, elavate and pt. Tuesday I go to OS's PA to have staples removed and then I will set up appointments with outpatient PT. I feel the best I have felt in approximately 5 years. The arthritist pain is gone. I can't wait til I am able to get to my regular activities and enjoy life. I had a friend/competitor in horseshoes email me the other day. She said, she could barely beat me when I was in pain now that I have no pain what chance did she have. She definately made me laugh and cannot wait to meet her on the courts again no matter the outcome of the match.
 
Liveringer. Great report! You give me hope. I can't imagine not having the bone on bone pain. You are on your way!
 
Allycat. Sounds wonderful. Counting down to next Friday but pretty nervous at the same time. Reading posts of post-surgery recovery is so helpful. Thanks, and how things continue to go well for you.
 
Hi @ Liveringer - what a great report! Congratulations on such a good recovery. Keep on sailing along! It'll be horseshoe time before long!
 
Welcome Liveringer and Congrats on your new hip. Easy does it. Rest & ice :egypdance:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom