THR Houston Liveringer Has Landed With New Hip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats Karen on the Tournament! I bet it felt great to be able
to pitch again, let alone compete at that level! Great Job!
:yay:
 
Week 13 post op report! I continue to get stronger everyday, as you know I am back to pitching horseshoes and last weekend Sat & Sun combined I threw 600 shoes. Add a new achievement to my list I just finished painting my toenails which I haven't been able to do that in many years actually my baby sister painted them for me last year at this time. I will always to be greatful to her for doing that. Let them dry and lets the sandals begin :egypdance:
 
Add a new achievement to my list I just finished painting my toenails
Congratulations. I was lucky in that I never lost forward flexion so never found toenails a problem, but after not being able to do it for 4 years. Wow. That is an AMAZING milestone. I bet you are really pleased. Its these little things that makes the biggest difference to your life :dancy:
 
Hello everyone! This past weekend pitched in another tournament and won! Had to beat my other half though but haven't beat him in awhile. I ended up pitching my ringer average of 64%.
Update on jury duty I had to start calling last Friday and every evening up to Wednesday and finally I no longer have to call. Thank goodness I didn't have to go. My boss wanted to set up a lunch date w/me and 2 others, it got to the point where I told her go ahead a set the date as I was unsure about jury duty result. So she did for today so.......Yippee going to lunch w/boss and co-workers! It'll be a great time.
 
Liveringer Just caught up on the toenails (Yeah!), the tournament (double Yeah!!!) and the release from jury duty. So glad you didn't have to sit on those hard chairs for days. Hope the lunch was fun.
 
Liveringer wow winning the tournament at 12 weeks!!!! I wonder if this should be one of the BoneSmart Amazing Recovery Stories?! Jamie , I nominate Liveringer for an Amazing Recovery Award!!
And the toenails, yipeeee! Not to mention jury duty release and lunch out. And more weeks of summer to clobber all kinds of slinging opponents!
 
Happy 1st Anniversary to me today. I am greatful each & everyday that I had THR last year. My leg length is normal, very rarely have a limp in my gait (limp goes away within minutes of just walking). Snow is finally gone here in CNY and ready to condition myself for the World Horseshoe Pitching Tournament, being held this summer in my home state. I am totally greatful for this site also. When people ask my husband how I am doing he tells them that I researched, studied and learned from others mistakes in recovery and tells them "she probably could perform the operation". Does that sound like someone that is a bit proud? So if I can give anything back, please do not rush your recovery, don't compare yours to someone else, everyone heals differently. You have any concerns tag forum nurse (still practicing I might add) Josephine she gives excellent advice and knows what she is talking about.

I hope my fellow hippies of last year are doing well also. I think of so many of you all the time. You all helped in my recovery even if it was about pooping, eating prunes, playing games etc. I will stop back from time to time to see how you new hippies are doing. If you run across this thread and have a question just tag me and I'll be sure to answer you.

TAKE CARE HIPSTERS!~ Karen
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom