Had hubby give it a good look in sunlight. Talk about humbling.![]()

United KingdomMy incision was very tender for a lonnnnng while...well into 3+ months! It drove me crazy even with seams of soft underwear from day 1. I ended up getting some stretchy 'boy style' panties off Amazon in addition to my old very high leg ones. I lived in loose shorts and stretchy legging things all summer. Stiff jean seams were unthinkable!pain all along incision the last several days. Really hurts when I wake up, but also putting on clothes, any contact really.
It finally subsided but I still don't like undue pressure on my scar, like when lying on a hard surface. Part of it is I've got a divot where there should be more glute muscles, need to get those stronger. I even take a sheepskin pelt to my Pilates sessions to add onto the mat if I have to lay on op side for very long. Just part of the recovery long game. 
Oddly, I think our men don't mind it![]()

That's a bummer about the soreness in and around your incision. You know, I am at 7 months now and I still have stretches of time where my incision hurts more and zip and zaps me. 
Sweet Sarah. xx
Izzy xx
United States
They have an indoor track so I walked a mile. Taking breaks on a bench. Lots of smiles from patrons giving me a thumbs up. Don’t think they see many people on the track with a cane. My hand is sore today, so it will be a quiet home day. Wish I had a stationary bike here. Really helped lubricate my hip. Tried to get on elliptical machine (OS approved) with physical trainer assistance. We both quickly decided it was too much. Humbling but as you mentioned we need to focus on progress.When I had my arthroscope I was non-weight bearing for 6 weeks. My husband had to literally lift me in and out of the bath. Yes, very humbling. He was so thankful with the THR that I could stand on my own making his life a lot easier.Had hubby give it a good look in sunlight. Talk about humbling.![]()
I can relate! After the surgery when I had to get in and out of the shower and have my back washed, etc., etc., all pride went out the door! Oddly, I think our men don't mind it![]()
Wish I had a stationary bike here. Really helped lubricate my hip.

Sarah. I hope you had a restful sleep.
Izzy xx
United States
Such a mild winter. I have not heard of the desk bike. Sounds great. Will see if I can find one. Had not thought of soaking my hand. Another great idea. It’s actually bruised and cracked at Palm. My weeks before surgery were rough on it. I am also relieved that you used your cane until 8 weeks. Doesn’t seem like it’s going for me any time soon, which is why I need to pedal. Happy Sunday!
United KingdomI used one crutch well into 3 months, so don't feel bad, my friend. I agonized I was 'slow' but really needed it so as not to limp. You'll ditch it when your hip says it's ready....am also relieved that you used your cane until 8 weeks. Doesn’t seem like it’s going for me any time soon,

United States
United States
Are you for real!? Oh my stars!Caught the flu


Wishing many more happy hip anniversaries. Your hip activity sounds like you are feeling very stable.