Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

At the stage where my family clearly thinks I’m back to normal so I have to ask for help.
Hurrah for reaching the danger zone of 'looking' normal but not nearly 'being' normal yet! :flabber:. It can last a good long time, as you know. Glad you recognize this stage and aren't hesitating to keep your support team on point. You're doing SO well this time, F4F, stay diligent and keep on healin'!! You're rockin this now...no setbacks please. :no-fin:
 
Hi @Fit4Family :wave:
I am closing in on almost 9 months and life is good!

I still have some numbness on my outer thigh. I had the anterior approach and I remember having it for a while with hip #1 as well. Swelling is pretty much under control but sometimes I do get some swelling with anything over and above my normal routine. But at the end of the day, this hip replacement is strong and sturdy as can be.

I enjoy reading your thread now so much. Having the typical recovery "complaints" makes me smile. Because they are NORMAL.

@VSlowLife I wish you a fantastic surgery and recovery.

And this, just because I like this emoji :xmas-snowball-fight-smiley-emoticon: Have a great evening!!! hahaha
Let's one day, all of us, have a snowball fight!!!
 
At the stage where my family clearly thinks I’m back to normal so I have to ask for help. Kinda remember this last time. Hello, still using a cane here!! Hoping I get more independent soon, we are all weary of this journey.

A gentle whack across the shin using said cane might be a good reminder. You can THINK about no longer offering help when I can't reach as far to remind you! :loll:I bought myself a nice solid hickory cane and must admit I commented a couple of times "don't make me teach you to the tune of a hickory stick." :heehee:
 
Exactly @Calgal “Looking normal, but not being normal”. I had to remind all that with restrictions everything in bottom cabinets is off limits. I am so hopeful this IS finally it. So no way I’m messing it up.

We are all wishing you a speedy recovery @VSlowLife It is within reach. :flwrysmile:

Excited that nine months is looking so good for you @Bfam85 I have been reading everyone’s earlier days, as now I can relate to everything, My incision was numb for some time, don’t remember when that went away. Snow ball fight sounds fun once I have my sea legs back. Happy that swelling is mostly gone. Not going to miss swelling one bit.

You run a tight ship @FCBayern lol. Hickory would be very strong indeed. Thankfully a gentle reminder works, just hate having to constantly need someone to help.
 
At the stage where my family clearly thinks I’m back to normal so I have to ask for help.
I hate to Have to ask too...but unfortunately Mom is deemed invincible and you certainly will have to just stay frustrated with asking...rather than get aggravated and decide to do something yourself.
I'm sure there is little you couldn't do if you had to. But shouldn't have to push anything and Taking It Easy is your number one job right now, as you know.
If you are doing even the little things always, it takes energy you need for healing.

I thought I would have the numbness as collateral damage but I was good with that. Beats pain.
Mine is back to normal now, but I haven't had three surgeries.
Hope today is an easy does it day.
(((Hugs)))
 
“Invincible“ is the perfect description @Mojo333 Our son moved around kitchen cabinets yesterday as he is oddly the most worried about my recovery of my crew. He counts on me the most I guess and is always Hungry! Lol.

Good to know on incision. Horrible itching has set in. Funny how much I forgot, but it quickly comes back when a lovely new healing phase arrives.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
 
Good Morning, Sarah :wave:
I'm happy to read your incision is healing nicely. I also recall it was many months before the numbness in different areas surrounding my incision was completely gone. It is interesting how we handle needing help from our family. I understand, I never liked asking for help, myself. It's silly when you think about it because as a family we all love and would do anything for one another, so why we struggle with asking for help...I'll never know.

It is heartwarming to read your updates that mention all of the normal passages through recovery without any red flags going up. You're doing well and I pray it continues. I believe you are on your way! :yes!: :happydance:
@Fit4Family
 
Thank you @Layla I am glad I am not the only one. Hope you are having a good January in your area of the country. Just back from a frigid walk, very chilly here this morning. You would probably laugh at what I find cold.

I am hoping all these normal signs will begin to roll forward to a normal life. I have had several dreams that involve walking of late.

:loveshwr: Sending warm wishes for a lovely day sweet friend.
 
Hello All,

Have a question I thought I’d run by the experts. New pain all along incision the last several days. Really hurts when I wake up, but also putting on clothes, any contact really. Lateral, and posterior incision. Still sleeping on back. No signs of infection, but new bruising all along back side if incision, less swollen under skin from week ago. Wondering if it is internal stitches healing causing the new bruising? Is this normal at 4 weeks? Icing and took a break from longer walks yesterday.
 
Hi there, F4F.
new bruising all along back side if incision

If you are pretty sure it is new bruising and not darker more noticeable and seemingly new pain, I would call my OS office.
Probably an overabundance of caution, but I would want them to be aware of any new developments.
 
I would call your OS and make sure it's nothing. He will be able to give you the answer with assurance. If you see no signs of infection, I wouldn't be alarmed. You body has been through a lot and it could just be healing, as you say. Please keep us up to date.
 
Decided to give it 24 hours. They of course want a PA to look at it. I was just there. Will go in if it does not improve. See no sign of infection. Going to try sleeping with something to lift hip. Maybe compression?
 
I remember when I had that swelling last month from being overstretched by the massage therapist and you & Carol recommended yoga pants....they felt wonderful against my skin and the gentle compressions felt good.

It also sounds like your nerve endings might be coming back to life and they can cause all sorts of crazy things. I remember getting zaps from changing my position in a car seat.

Would you be comfortable posting a pic?
 
Wondering if it is internal stitches healing causing the new bruising?
Sounds plausible:chinstroke:
They of course want a PA to look at it. I was just there. Will go in if it does not improve
I know you figured that might be their response, as did I. I understand you not wanting to make another trip up for "nothing" ...and I don't think it is indicative of infection.
They will want to make sure the inside is healing up like the outside...
perhaps worth the peace of mind?
 
Great thoughts @Mojo333 and @Bfam85 Thank you!!

Had hubby give it a good look in sunlight. Talk about humbling. :heehee: Less painful this morning. Normal temperature. Think it may just be combination of recovering nerves, scar tissue and too much time laying on my back. Will try yoga pants today. Avoided seams yesterday and sat as little as possible. Hand hurts from all my walking, but think it helped move inflammation. Will go in Monday if it’s not 100% by then. Thank you for the hand holding. ❤️
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom