Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Hope for 2020, Revised THR

@Fit4Family … one month?! Congratulations on your road to recovery. It sounds like you're progressing very nicely, except for that flu bug! :hairpulling: I do hope you feel better quickly. Perhaps someone can make a big pot of chicken soup?
 
Congratulations on one month anniversary!!!! Slow and steady wins the race. I caught the flu too. Not fun!! Rest and relax. It took over a week for me to recover
 
Thank you for all your well wishes and laughs. :chuckmarch:

SLEEPING a lot, hoping to kick this bug quickly. :dead:

❤️
 
Happy One Month Anniversary! Just catching up on the forum after a few days away from it all. Everything sounded so good until....THE FLU! You poor dear, I'm so sorry! Sending hugs and wishes you feel better soon. :console2:
@Fit4Family
 
Wow, can't believe it's been a month already! Great progress report! :loveshwr: Hope you get over that bug soon. My Christmas cold lasted over 3 weeks..
It really saps all your energy on top of the hip healing going on. But soon you'll be back on the bike and treadmill. I can personally vouch for Pilates to strengthen when the time comes. (I started just after 3 months and have happily noticed a big improvement. Still more stretching to do - those hamstrings, Achilles and quads are all still tight.) But you'll get there - you're zooming now, yippee!!! :egypdance:
 
Thank you Hipsters. The month thing surprised me too @Layla and @Calgal

Guess it’s the holiday surgery thing. So much going on. I am eager to get back to exercise as it was helping with stiffness. Pilates is on my list, not until at least 3 months. Will ask OS at next appointment.

Knocking on wood, but chills and shaking are gone this morning and coffee sounds remotely good, so may be turning a corner with the worst flu bits. Left a head cold, but that I can live with. :mcoffee:
 
:wave:Glad you are feeling better.
I've been lucky to have dodged illness as it seems like so many of my food bank clients have been coming in hacking and sniffing.
(Hope I didn't just jinx myself:fingersx:)
Since our operation runs as pretty much a one woman show, I'm not allowed to be sick.

Hope all is well with your crew.
Have a thankful Thursday!:SUNsmile:
 
Hello @Fit4Family
Sounds like you're making progress in recovering from the flu. :yes!:
I hope the cold symptoms ease quickly also. Do you ever use a cool mist vaporizer? I find that often brings me some relief, especially while sleeping when I feel the most congested. Feel better soon! :friends:
 
Finally catching up on threads as I can relate to being under the weather. Wow, Sarah. One month. That is amazing and I’m so glad all seems to be going well and so normally. Lol. To help you feel even more normal: I used my cane until at least 3 months and never felt apologetic. Sometimes it was even a great conversation starter that allowed me to introduce BoneSmart to another joint sufferer. I still have mild incision pain off and on and in lots of variety. Lastly, my left forearm that went numb shortly after surgery (due to all the pressure on that side with walker and cane) now 11 months post op, is finally better and only feeling a little tingly. Progress in any form and size should be proudly claimed and celebrated. You have certainly earned the right to feel a little inpatient. Lol. Keep asking for that help. It’s just human nature to forget you had to reset the recovery clock especially when you’re doing so well. Don’t forget: my husband left me standing in the middle of the bathroom with no apparel after redressing my incision after my shower in that first week or two. He actually said “have fun” and closed the door. Luckily he realized what he had just done and came back before I had to yell for help. Yep, we still laugh about that. Hang in there. You are doing just great. You know we are all happy for you. ❤️Pat.
 
Hello Friends,
Oii, I spoke too soon. This flu is knocking the Stuffings out of me. :dead:

Literally. Hurt everywhere and not sleeping. Thankfully my left hip is no more sore than anywhere else and no signs of infection so my mind is fairly confident that it’s just bad luck.

Great idea @Layla I do have diffuser going, but not sure it adds much moisture. Took 2 showers yesterday just for warmth and steam. Thankfully no one else has it in my family. Pretty sure I picked it up my first day out at Rec center. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hello @Hip4life Really appreciate your sharing the details of your recovery, I forgot your hand was part of it too. I am hopeful with your progress noted that my hand will improve once I can leave my cane behind. Tried lifting a laundry basket on operated side and quickly thought better if it. Not ready for any lifting on that side. So glad you are doing so well. I know it took some dedication and persistence but it sure paid off. Thank you so much Pat! ❤️
 
I really hate that you have to be sick while you are trying to heal.
Drown that flu with OJ as much as possible so your immune system can be cranking..I know you are dutiful about eating well now...
Body isnt liking the multitasking.:console2:
 
So sorry you have the flu!! I got type B flu and it took a good two weeks to feel better. Had a temp of 101.8 for almost a week and every bone in my body hurt. It delayed my getting the Pre op physical done. Hope you are on tamiflu. It helped me. I drank a whole lot of water too.
Praying for you to get over this bug soon. It sucks!!
 
Be vigilant, Sarah. The flu has been bad this year. If you’re not significantly better say by Monday or keep getting worse now, you need to go see someone. In a weakened state, it’s easier to get a secondary infection. Speaking from a place of knowing and I just don’t want to see you have to endure anything else, my friend. Be safe and I’m sending healing blessings for you to get well soon. ❤️ Pat.
 
Back
Top Bottom