Guest viewing is limited

THR Hokey cokey OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would make sense. I had missed that news item.
Firebrand also reported that she had developed hay fever for the first time since having her THR,The rapeseed fields are in full bloom at the moment and the recent windy weather has been blowing the pollen all over.
 
Elosarabrab, are you still having issues with your ROM? I am and I just asked a chiropractor his suggestion is deep tissue massage to break up the tissue that is holding things tight. I think I'm gonna call around and see where and how much that would cost. I know I still have lots of healing to do yet and I need to get those muscles strengthened.
 
How far is the bus stop from your home
It is 0.6 of a mile whatever that is :shrug:
At my walking pace it will take 20 mins to walk to bus stop. When I get off at other end another 15 mins walk.
I had a go at walking to the bus stop yesterday. I made it with a few rest stops, Then back again. I will have to try getting on the bus soon.
Does that website cover USA?
 
Elosarabrab. It is about the same distance to the bus I usually take. I am thinking of trying it today.
Walkit.com seems to be only in England but the are planning to expand coverage. It led me to look for something here, and I found Map MY Walk. Going to try it.

For ROM it might be worth massaging around the incision, or rolling on a tennis ball or rolling pin, to see if you can loosen it. On mine you can feel lumps and bumps under it.
 
LeeApril26 Elosarabrab The tennis ball massaging sounds like a good idea. Last night I was trying to find something that would work. I can feel bumps under my most recent hip, the older one seems fine. I have to get out and do some walking. I walk around all day but not getting out and walking for like a few blocks or a mile or so at a time.
 
Elosarabrab LeeApril26 do you notice you have good days or good times of days that you have no pain or issues with walking and then the next day you are back to having stiffness and some pain? I get that, today is a good day, I have very little pain. Today is a day I could forget I had surgeries at all when walking. I worked a lot last night with stretching my legs maybe that is helping today.
 
sandybeach Elosarabrab Yes, I use a cane outdoors, and in the house if I am tired or getting up when the room is dark. Since I live in a population-dense borough of NYC, I have been told to use the cane for quite a while longer, and it does help for longer walks (5-6 blocks.) The problem is that using the cane and putting weight on my right side is causing pain in the area near my thumb, and up the right side to my neck. The PT suggested purchasing a hand brace, which I did on my excursion today. So now I really look pathetic-cane plus hand brace is not a good look! And, I also have good days and bad days. Sometimes the muscles around the hip feel a bit stiff. I know that is when I am supposed to exercise, and I do try.

But, I did walk a half-mile, take the bus to another neighborhood, met a friend for coffee, took the bus back, and then wandered the shops on a busy commercial street. This is the first time I've done this since February 7th, when I was told to rest my hip. Only fellow hippies would understand how excited I am!
 
sandybeach LeeApril26, I am stiff when I first stand up from sitting or lying down. Once I start walking I am ok. After I have been walking for a while my lower back complains but not my hips.
Lenora I know how excited you are about a bit of normality coming back into your life. I haven't been in a shop post op and I cant remember the last time before the ops that I was in a shop and able to look around.
 
sandybeach LeeApril26, I am stiff when I first stand up from sitting or lying down. Once I start walking I am ok. After I have been walking for a while my lower back complains but not my hips.
Lenora I know how excited you are about a bit of normality coming back into your life. I haven't been in a shop post op and I cant remember the last time before the ops that I was in a shop and able to look around.
Hi Barbara It's such a happy occasion when you are able to do normal activities again such as shopping and going out for lunch.Next week I have my first hairdressing appointment since having surgery.
How is the cycling going.I did 3 minutes on Monday and seem ok so will try 5 minutes tomorrow all being well.
 
Kim22,
You must be looking forward to getting your hair done. We have been restricted for so long by pain it is good to be doing normal stuff again.
I have got up to 15 mins on the exercise bike now. Still the hardest part is getting on and off the bike.
 
Well done I really think it's the way forward and my OS recommended it.My legs felt very tired when I got off but they felt good I am sure cycling will increase the blood flow to the hips which will aid healing. I used to love cycling in the great outdoors and especially on the many disused railway tracks that we have in the North but I have accepted that I will have to wait until next year now as the risk off falling off and doing damage to the operated leg is too much of a concern.I am just so grateful that I can walk again We are up at the caravan and have been working out short walks on the level but not on uneven ground like the beach.It won't be long before you are back to Eldon Square and shopping again.My hair is in a sorry state badly in need of a cut and I am desperate to have the highlights done but couldn't face sitting in the chair for so long until now.
 
Elosarabrab your improvement is moving on and getting on the exercise bike is soo great, perfect exercise for you, I'm really jealous but you have given me inspiration to get fit as soon as I can!! When do you return to work?
 
Kim22 Once you have your hair done it will give you a boost. Fingers crossed for decent weather while at the caravan so you can enjoy some walks. I have never had a proper bike so I will be sticking to a static bike.
Littlejem I feel good doing more now. I have been hardly moving for so long I have a lot of work to do getting properly mobile. So far I have practised walking to the bus stop. Next step is getting on a bus and seeing if I can do the walk to work at the other end. I plan to have a phased return to work at week 12 post op which will be July 15th I am not looking forward to it. Luckily my job is fairly quiet in summer so I can ease in again gradually.
 
Kim22 Elosarabrab Funnily enough, my hair (and nails) didnt grow for weeks post-op . I wonder if my body went into shock or something. My hair has gone mad though the last couple of weeks and Im starting to look like a scarecrow so getting mine cut Friday. Those weeks on crutches has really taken its toll on my already weak muscles but up to 15 mins on my exercise bike too. It doesnt put any strain on my hip and its really loosening the tight muscles at the top of my thigh up , but I cant walk too far yet.
 
TeeEm, I cant walk far yet either. I have just over 3 weeks to practice my journey to work. I think the commute is going to be more tiring than the work itself.
My hair seems to get tangled very easily even with lots of conditioner on it. I suppose the body is concentrating on healing so something has to give
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom