Guest viewing is limited

THR Hokey cokey OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, goodness, Littlejem, I hope you really are OK after your stair fall!! How scary!!
Elosarabrab, we both are 7 weeks today! When my OS tested me for ROM at my 5 1/2 week appointment, when he moved my op leg out to the side, I said, "OUCH!" and pointed to the outside of the leg.....he said the tendons, ligaments, etc were very tight because the arthritis and bone spurs had prevented the leg from moving in that direction for so long. I do feel that some when I play low notes on the organ with that foot, but... I've noticed it loosening up bit by bit. Funny, it likely took years to tighten, but I want it to be loose NOW! :heehee:
 
The Tiller Girls!

Oh, how awful to admit that I remember The Tiller Girls. Can we take this thing to its logical conclusion, and mention.. The Beverley Sisters...?

I'm so glad The Stones came around before we were led astray by all that niceness.
 
Ahh Elosarabrab you guessed my secret, I was doing high kicks down the stairs oops!! It all seemed ok at the time but I am a little achy today but I guess I might have been anyway, I think I'll go for a soak later, need to get a couple in before the big day!! I know glynis it's a sad thing to admit that we can remember them isn't it, I don't think I'd ever been able to get my leg up that high even before but hey you can dream!!:dancy: :spin:
 
@Littlegem I'm glad you haven't had any repercussions from the fall but it must have given you a shock.Enjoy your soak in the bath.I still haven't had a soak despite being issued with a bath seat last week as I am still a it nervous of getting out again.I am 12 weeks today so out goes the nasty toilet raiser and tonight I can sleep on the none operated side for the first time.Hurray to both !

I do remember The Tiller Girls were they on Sunday Night at the London Palladium with Brucie ? I am also old enough to remember the Beverley Sisters sad.
 
Elosarabrab good update for me to aspire to in 4 weeks! (and congarats Songlady too!) That pain does sound like IT band, as Mamarey said. My pre-op PT said it would try to help out the hip if the hip were tired. Maybe a little rest... :)

Littlejem:yikes: :yikes:and you're planning to do those stairs next week!!!:yikes:nooooooooooo! You be careful now!!!!!!

glynis I had to look up the Tiller Girls-- the website I visited said that they are planning a revival this year :) just n time for a hippie reunion!
 
Littlejem, how scary to fall down the stairs :(
I do hope you are doing alright. I fear taking a fall, especially since I am klutzy and tend to move too fast (not now thank goodness). Hopefully, you just have a bruise and are not worse for the wear.
 
@Littlejem, sandybeach, zauberflöte, Songlady, Peaches, LeeApril26, octopus, Kim22, sqwerlie, ByGosh,glynis, TeeEm,Mamarey,
I went on the exercise bike today :bicycle1: . The hardest part was getting on it. I only did 5 minutes I am going to build up gradually. I haven't been on it for over a year probably more like two if I'm honest.
It felt fine no pain. It is supposed to be good for us hippies. No danger of falling off. I will have to cushion the seat though its a bit hard.
 
You know what the seats on bikes are soooo uncomfortable are't they!! I think your bits and pieces get used to it when you do it regularly but, ohhh, getting there is a bit tricky!!!:yikes: Well done for giving it a go, I'm sure it'll be very good for you if you can stick with it, maybe get some of those padded knickers that they wear!!! :heehee:
 
Elosarabrab @Littlegem I tried an exercise bike yesterday at the gym as the physio advised me too but I felt it was too much combined with the pool work so just tried it for one minute to see if aggravated the tendinitis but it seemed ok so hopefully will try 5 minutes next visit.i wasn't on long enough to feel the pain of the seat.I did lots of cycling 2 summers ago as the OS recommended it for hips but ended up with inflammation of the tail bone and had to stop for 2 months.The physio has advised me against normal cycling at the moment due to the risk of falling off but I will be delighted to be able to use the stationary one for now.By the way I changed the saddle of my bike to a one that put no pressure on the coccyx and It made all the difference.
 
Elosarabrab yay you, on the exercise bike! Don't build too quickly, and do cushion your derriere!
Kim22 good for you too, and be careful, no more inflammations-- I bet that hurt!
Littlejem nooooo, you think they'd do a revival with original cast, dragging the older ones out of their coffins? LOL
 
Elosarabrab you are about 7 weeks-- so I figure I should wait a while, as I'm only into my 4th week. I walk several times a day up and down the street-- maybe that's best for now. But a bike is in my future!! :) I do want to get that cardio conditioning going one of these days.
 
zauberflöte, Yes it is a bit early for you. As Josephine is fond of saying walking is good for hips.
I got my exercise bike ages ago I cant remember how long. For years it was parked in a corner and was just used to see what temperature the room was :heehee: When I first got it I used to watch TV when I was on it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom