I hear you about the thankfulness, in fact I love everything in your above post!! Steady as she goes and one day it all comes together.. congrats @Calgal
Isn't it funny how things just seem to improve overnight? Kind of like movie stars who are an overnight success.. after starving for ten years.
That feeling of waking up and realizing things have shifted towards the better is the best feeling.
Isn't it funny how things just seem to improve overnight? Kind of like movie stars who are an overnight success.. after starving for ten years.
That feeling of waking up and realizing things have shifted towards the better is the best feeling.

United States


Happy four month hipversary, 
I’m inspired! I would love to figure out how to find that person who can give such informed guidance on gate, and all that your wonderful, observant Pilates instructor provided. Congratulations on reaping the benefits of your perseverance! May we follow by example!
Yes it will get better but it's a bummer for awhile. Stay positive!! Although I did feel incredible at 4 months, I must admit I landed in the ODIC last week after my Pilates session. I was feeling so good after the 3rd class, I stupidly just pushed myself a bit too much at the 4th one - trying to stretch my achilles and hamstrings on the op side which are very tight probably due to years of degenerating hip. Totally my fault.
I was limping again when I got home and hubby noticed it. I've been careful this whole week but even with paracetamol I decided to cancel my appointment for tomorrow. I'm taking a week off and will definitely take it easier next time. And so we learn. Two steps forward, one step back. But I'm feeling stronger every day, and still very happy.
. Thanks for popping by. 
. Happy Monday! We're due for a month of rain in one night tonight so battening down the hatches. PNW drizzle sounds good to me at the moment!
I love the elliptical in my air conditioned gym with the TV or some tunes on.... we do have a walking track there too so I'll do that.


I just can't seem to take my full weight on right leg yet. I think it's just muscle strength but she thinks it's that plus proprioception and habit from compensating for a bad hip for so long before op. Regardless of why, looks like it's just gonna take some more time.
. But it's good I'm addressing it now or else it could become a permanent habit, babying my right side resulting in some strange contortions. (Sounds better than 'waddle' doesn't it?
)