Hip surgery in my future

Pain medicine works on pain.
People who have addiction issues take medicines mostly regardless of pain.
I took pain meds...high powered ones...for several months with decreasing frequency.
No problem with addiction or withdrawal.
Some need more for longer...some need very little.
 
Last edited:
I would only take medicine for pain if I need it.i don't take any medicine if I don't need it.
 
Exactly! I don't take anything, even Tylenol unless I feel is absolutely necessary...then I find it actually works more effectively.
The pain meds given after THR are usually necessary...oh course there is pain..but some only take for shorter amount of time.
I had bilateral replacement and the meds kept me more comfortable and allowed me to be mobile and rest better.
Good luck at OS appointment this week!
 
Last edited:
I expect to feel some pain.i feel pain now.its just par for the course.
 
It's definitely a different kind of pain...and Temporary:tada:
I was so miserable before, the recovery aspect was so encouraging and add I knew there would be an end!:yahoo:
 
My surgury will be november 19th.I'll be in the hospital overnight.I ll be released the next day.I will be able to use a cane after two weeks.
I'll be able to get back to choir practise after two weeks too.
 
@allena ... I was going to get a recliner but changed my mind. I did get a memory foam wedge that I like a lot.

I had an epidural. All I remember is sitting on the edge of the table waiting for it and the next thing I knew I was in recovery.

This is all going to get better. You can do it. November, great!
 
Congrats, allena, you have a date!
I found it helped a bit once I scheduled surgery. Didn't take away all the anxiety I had
but it changed my focus. I started to concentrate on my recovery, rather than vascilating back and forth about scheduling. It was a big step forward for me. How are you feeling about it?

We'll add your surgery date to your signature and your name to the November Nibles list. Which hip is it? I don't believe you've ever mentioned.

Stop by often, we'll walk alongside you as you move forward,
A great holiday weekend to you!
@allena
 
my right hip.I feel better about it.I'm not exactly excited,but feel more hopeful.I told the doctor about my phobias.I figured he would think i was a coward,but he was nice about it.I am annoyed at myself-I forgot to ask him a question.oh well.
 
Hi again, allena
The great majority of us weren't excited for surgery.
Most everyone has pre-op anxiety. Your OS deals with this daily. He understands.
Let us know if we can help with the question you forgot to ask your surgeon.
Wishing you peace in all.
@allena
 
Hi,
Most likely the day after. Many can and do. I could have but was a scaredy cat so I waited a few days.
Hubs pushed me in, I think :heehee:
First shower was great but quick, felt a little wobbly. If you live alone, I'd advise you have someone within ear shot for your first shower, or two.

Call the office of your OS and ask. His PA or a nurse on his care team should be able to call you back with the info. if you are really curious. Baths are different, they're a no-no. :bignono:
Wishing you a nice weekend!
@allena
 
I called the doctor's office today.hopefully they will get to me asap.ill keep that in mind.the no bath thing makes sense.
 
I had been told "48 hours after the incision is dry" and wasn't sure about making that call, but did it a few days post-op. I asked the therapist to wait around while I showered because I was a bit nervous.
 
I have another question. before surgury you need to take a shower using antibacterial soap.i have a problem.i have sensitive skin.is there any that is hypoallergenic?
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom