Guest viewing is limited

Hip surgery in my future

Happy Weekend to you, Allena :)
I hope it's a good one!
 
My surgeon has backed away from using compression socks, and I have to say that this time around the swelling has been less than with my last surgery. Staying hydrated, moving every so often, and elevating your feet all help to keep the swelling down.
After a few days, you can do some basic housework. I did some laundry, and some sweeping just as part of a reason to get up and get moving. Pay attention to restrictions, and don't overdo it, and keep cane/walker/grabber/ around to help you.
It's great that you have friends and family available to check in on you. If folks are willing to help, definitely take them up on it. :)
 
Thanks for the information.I figured it would take weeks to get back to doing housework.
 
I will be seeing the surgeon on august 30th.There was a cancellation.yes.:)
I can get some much needed answers sooner.I have possible answers,but few definite answers.I don't like all this uncertainlty.I hate the unknown.
I am feeling better emotionally.I am not happy,but I am less unhappy.The odds are good it will probably work out well and one day I will have less pain and move better.If I am very lucky i won't need the wheel chair-not even for long trips.It remains to be seen.I'll know more soon thankfully.
 
Great news! You have an appt this week. :yay:
I hope you find answers, gain reassurance and a plan is formulated to bring you relief.
Let us know how it goes on Thursday.
I hope your weekend is peaceful. :yes:
@allena
 
me too.I will do that.
I figure I can't be in anymore pain than I'm in now.Or not much more anyway.I'm used to pain.eventuly it will get better.
 
How is post surgical pain different than arthritis pain?just curious.All I know is it is different.
Also is as bad as arthritis pain or not as bad?I'm hoping it's less painful.
 
After the initial first day or two....pain meds being sorted...It's incision pain, and muscular pain.
Bone crunching hip pain was gone for me immediately.
Quads were very sore...
I felt like it was..."I know this is going to get well pain" where's the pre-op pain was making me think I would never be okay.
First weeks not easy, but doable, especially knowing there was a huge payoff!:yahoo:
 
It's different in the sense that it's more tolerable in my opinion. You have narcotics to help you initially.
You're in a different frame of mind because you have the surgery behind you and the nagging anxiety that accompanied the lead up to surgery. The Recovery pain comes in different forms, there are little shock type sensations, warmth, tenderness in the area of your incision, pain in various locations that is most often fleeting.

You'll be tired and hopefully sleep comfortably enough and often enough. You'll feel a tremendous sense of relief which contributes to a more positive mood and general outlook. I used ice non stop. If I was sitting, laying down or sleeping, I was icing. I had minimal pain and I attribute it to all the icing I did and a high pain threshold. Try not to worry about pain because it may be way less of an issue than you're imagining. I'll bet you do better than you're anticipating you will.
Hope this answers your question....
@allena
 
yes.I'm not that worried about the pain really.I am more concerned about the pain medecine.The side effects of it and getting hooked on it.Opoids are poison.I know I'm repeating myself abit.It's pertinant to the conversation.
 
yes.I'm not that worried about the pain really.I am more concerned about the pain medecine.The side effects of it and getting hooked on it.Opoids are poison.I know I'm repeating myself abit.It's pertinant to the conversation.

Have you had previous problems with addiction? If not you will be fine. If you have then I would talk with your Dr about it.
 
no.i stay far away from addictive medecine.

Good! If you don’t have an addictive personality (gambling, smoking, alcoholism, etc) then it’s highly unlikely that this behavior would manifest now at this point in your life.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom