Guest viewing is limited

Hip surgery in my future

yes and no.I still have things to do so it's just as well it's not sooner.I am not at all sure it will actually happen.I hope it will,but until the morning of the surgery i can't be sure it will.Don't count you're chickens before they hatch.after all the last one was cancelled .I will hope for the best and do my best-thats all I can do.
I am glad you are excited-someone should be I guess.This is a necessity.that's the best thing I can say about it.
I think it should be.I am going to get some much needed errands run-while I still can do so.
I hope you have a good day also.
 
Just a pretty picture
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hip surgery in my future
    Screenshot_20181106-110120.png
    191 KB · Views: 127
Very pretty, Fall is beautiful! My favorite time of year. Thanks for sharing, allena!
I should say Autumn, Mojo doesn't like when us hippy's use the word "Fall" :heehee:
:climb: :bicycle2: :treadmill: Just thought I'd rub it in a little, she'll be after me now :rotfl:
All in good fun, allena.
@allena
 
@allena

What a beautiful picture, so much wonder in nature. thank you for posting it.

I hope the pre-op plans are going well, i thought that i was reasonably well prepared but i still forgot loads of things. No matter all was well. As for being postponed again. This time you know a bit more about what to expect from the op and you have a large community of people behind you. I would use that amazing power that you have to control your brain and picture it all going well. I have no doubts it will this time. Go girl.

After seeing my OS this morning a have become a bit bolder with walking and all seems well so far. Seeing the PT tomorrow so it will be interesting to get his take on things. Even went in the road with no stick for a short way. It is amazing what one can do. The OS made me walk, and he was clear that he was having no refusal off me, so because he had faith in me, i did walk quite well. I must stress he is a very nice man and i believe that he would not put me in danger.

I seem to have more energy in the morning but tired as the day goes on. Be prepared for plenty of naps post op! Quite handy really this time of year to have a nap without feeling guilty. My husband is getting fish and chips for my supper. Fish and chips are a big deal in the UK, the ultimate comfort food. I will sign off now and do a quick post on the recovery side, the side you will be on shortly!

Oh yes the EFT got rid of Agnes very nicely earlier.

Thinking of you. x

@Mojo333 What a profound poem, i don't know of the poet except by name but i am going to fix that.

@Layla Thank you for all your support.
 
@allena

Forgot to say, yes he (OS) said it is still very important to obey the 90% rule and the other precautions.
 
I have got 4 cat scratches this week.if I am very sure it will work out and it doesn't I will be so dissapointed.things don't always work out for the best.thats life.my luck tends to be more bad than good.i am too much of a realist to just expect everything to be ok .
 
I'm glad the eft helps u.I have tried it ,but it doesn't seem to work for me.
 
@Ginny12 are the hip precautions hard to deal with?do they hobble you very much or prevent you from doing very much?It seems to me they will be a real bear!forget about taking out the trash for instance.also do you have weight limit you can't exceed? What is it ? I will have one though I don't know what it is.any information would be appreciated.
 
Just a pretty picture
It's a Gorgeous AUTUMN picture.
So jealous.
For a bit, there will be things you just won't be "up" to doing...I didn't have restrictions but I had things I knew I wasn't ready to do.
Squatting too low for my short toilet for example...easier to use riser...bending down too far...just what you probably would expect with a fresh incision.
Temporary stuff, thankfully!

Have a peaceful evening, allena
 
Last edited:
It's very hard for me to get on a low toilet now.It won't be very different for me I'm sure(assuming the surgery even happens).
 
Hi Allena. I just wanted to drop by and let you know I went into surgery with multiple cat scratches as I groomed my 2 fur babies the day before surgery. And multiple scratches from my hike 2 days before. My surgery finished up around 7 last night and I got released home at 3pm today. My surgeon ended up not using the exparel for pain. Current meds are celebrex and Tylenol, I have not had any other pain medications. Pain is around 1 to 2, I was 9 to 10 going into surgery. Granted I'm moving slowly and cautiously with a walker. So far it has been amazing! Things can and will get better :SUNsmile:
 
I have heard that the anesthesia will make you incontinent?is that true?should I be buying adult diapers?gah!
I hope not.
 
have heard that the anesthesia will make you incontinent?is that true?
I did not have that experience. I used the bedside commode for the first few hours and then walked to the loo starting 6 hours later. No diapers, no bedpan. I had the added challenge of mesh panties and a sanitary napkin as well (Aunt Flo decided to join in the festivities too) sometimes when it rains, it pours...but the sunshine always reappears...
 
yes,it does.I don't miss periods.they are a literal and metaphorical pain.It's one of the few advantages of getting older.
 
I'm going to my counseling appointment today. I am pretty sure it will be my final one.
 
Another fall picture
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Hip surgery in my future
    Screenshot_20181107-080120.png
    235.4 KB · Views: 123

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom