Guest viewing is limited

Hip surgery in my future

mojo333@I hope things get better for you soon.Life is certainly hard sometimes.I'm glad the post was helpful to you.
I agree,but I am biased.lol
If you ever come to w.v you would be welcome to visit me if you wanted too.
I could recommend some places to go.
I think it might be a good day for me,but it's too soon to tell.I just got up awhile ago.
 
My daughter's best friend's parents are both from WV so they invited her to go to family thanksgiving there last year.
The pictures she took of the mountains were stunning.

Makes me laugh...she said they rented mountain bikes to go on some tour ride up and down the mountain. She said she walked her bike all the way down as she is as klutzy as her mom AND it was Scary!
Our part of Georgia is flat as a fritter!
Today is going to be a good day!
 
@ginny12.I am glad i made you happy.I am glad all is well with the wound and that you are feeling so well.Happy Guy fawkes day!I had to look up bonfire night.lol.Have fun!
yes ,it is.
I was feeding my stray cat colony and one of the cats scratched me twice.agnes decided to speak up.I said to myself that the cuts are tiny and should be healed by the 12th.at this point in time my biggest concern is the surgery will be cancelled.
Ask away.I don't mind.if it's personal pm me.
I bet if we ever met you might find my southern accent amusing.or at least different.I say y'all and reckon!lolI say pen and pin the same way.i also tend to say pronounce towel and tile the same way.(tile).
I'll check my thread later on.I hope you are having a good day.
 
:snork:. No picking on us southerners, y'all!
 
I'm glad you're daughter had fun.i don't doubt it.
Flat is boring.to me anyway.as you know w.v is not flat.lol
I love our rugged mountains.They are like my mother.they protect us from blizzards for instance.We never get hit by a hurricane.on the downside our winters are colder,we are prone to flooding du and we are far from the beach.There is not always a straight line to get to where you want to go.
 
Happy Monday, allena
One week count down begins.
I found that while I was still anxious as I got closer to my date, I oddly felt a sense of relief simultaneously
because the end of the waiting was nearing.
I hope you're feeling strong and your pain is bearable today.
Wishing you a good one! :SUNsmile:
@allena
 
@allena
Best of luck and you have the advantages of being young and fit! Nice to see Ginny and others have your back.

Don’t worry about the codeine. I took it for about Six weeks and gradually decreased the dosage. I did take on time by the clock the first 4 weeks and then found I could ease off but kept some back for “overdoing it” emergencies.

Ice and gently walking helped with the pain but don’t overdo any prescribed exercise. There are a few of us who have visited the overdoing club and regrettEd it!

Btw I did not sleep the night before the op as dreamt the surgeon would turn me down fornot losing enough weight pre op!
 
@allena,

I hope today has been a good one for you.

I am going to start a gratitude list on my own post op recovery thread tomorrow. I really did feel better after i did it. I know that you have too much going on at the moment but perhaps when you join the recovery side i can challenge you again to who can get x 10 things to be grateful for daily!

What types of books do you like to read? I love historical fiction and i will out myself as a self help junkie too.

I am in awe with what you have achieved in your life, when you said about your dad and his drinking and that fact that you did not follow that road is amazing.

I strongly suspect you do not know how special you are. x
 
I like British murder mysteries,cozy mysteries,ghost stories and a lot of non fiction books.i tend to read a lot of science books.
I am still trying to get things done while I can. I 'll be unable to do much for awhile.
I learned from him- whatever he did I do the opposite of that
Thanks for saying that. Its very sweet of you.
I am sad I'll have to miss going to my aunts house for thanksgiving.its the 22nd.i figure I won't be up to doing much that soon after the surgery.if it is cancelled my hip won't let me go there.oh well.
I'll try the 10 good things a day after the surgery.
Its been pretty good so far.
 
@allena,

I want you to be the first to know my friend of my OS visit today. I will check in again later on you.

I have just returned from seeing my OS, i took my husband as often Agnes will make me doubt what i have been told, especially if what i am told is positive. Even as i am writing this post Agnes is sitting on my shoulder saying things such as, don't tempt fate by bragging (but i am honestly telling the truth) and all this is to good to be true. After i have finished this post i am going to do an EFT (Emotional freedom Technique) session to try and get Agnes to go on vacation as the lovely Mojo said. I am very confident that i can control Agnes if i follow all the advice i give you.

So today i am 2 weeks post op and the following is what he told me:

He passed me for driving he said take it slow at first but i was safe to drive.

He took my stick off me and said i don't need it. He made me walk the corridor with no stick, i was so frightened. But i did it with no stick i couldn't believe it!!! I will be honest i still feel more confident with my stick and not ready to drive but at least i can if i want to.

He said the wound had healed well. He also is aware of my anxiety issues but he said i needed to be bolder and trust myself more.

After i came out i drove my poor husband mad by getting him to repeat what the OS said but he really did say the above. My OS also repeated to me that because of my age and very good level of fitness pre-op that i was doing exactly as he expected. Now of course there are so many variables to why surgery and recovery works out. I will be totally honest with you i think that it is because my OS is so good and experienced that is helping matters here.

I am fully aware that this is not a competition to who recovers first but i am being 100% honest with you how it is going for me. The reason i am doing that is to highlight that there is no reason why your recovery will not go very well. You are young and fit and the odds are so much on your side. You have a massive advantage over many people in that you do things like meditation. You can also can control over your pain levels by the power of your mind. This is very advanced level stuff.

You said you like Youtube, if you Google David Hamilton and the power of positive thinking lots of his tutorials should come up. He is a Scottish PhD who worked for Big Pharma but decided to change his career as he realised that the brain was so powerful we can improve our health by thoughts alone. You are proof of that by bringing your pain levels down! He has a lovely accent too.

One day nearer. x
 
I have this framed in my bedroom ...from my favorite author/poet

Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string.
Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind
. A man should learn to detect and watch that gleam of light which flashes across his mind from within, more than the lustre of the firmament of bards and sages... In every work of genius we recognize our own rejected thoughts: they come back to us with a certain alienated majesty.
The power which resides in him is new in nature, and none but he knows what that is which he can do, nor does he know until he has tried
Ralph Waldo Emerson
 
Last edited:
Good Morning, allena
I hope as it's getting closer to your big day you're feeling a little more confident in the process.
Understandably you'll still have some anxiety but now that you're days away, are you wishing it would just hurry up already? That's the way I was feeling during the final countdown. Just think, by this time next week you'll be in recovery, with the long wait over. I'm excited for you!
Hope today is a good one for you!
@allena
 
@ginny12.I am glad you are doing so well.
yeah!happy,happy,joy,joy...
I really doubt I'll be able to not use a cane since I have a bad knee.,but that doesn'r bother me.It would still be walking.:)
Can you bend past 90 now?I won't be allowed to bend,twist,cross my legs,lift my legs up when i put my socks on ets.so many restrictions.:(on the posative side I really can't cross my legs now so it's no big deal).thankfully I know how to get dressed without bending and know how to use a sock helper.:)
I will miss my independence-yes,I know it will only be for awhile(a month or so-i'm just guessing),but it will be a long month or whatever.sigh.It will be a necessary evil.Eventuly I'll be better.
I know it's not a competition.It's all good.:)
I'll google that.thanks.:)I do so love a scottish accent!:)
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom