Guest viewing is limited

Hip surgery in my future

@windsong.thanks for the information. That is true.luckily for me i have a good pain tolerance.that will be helpful im sure.
 
I'll be going to the hip class and pre surgury testing on October 31st.it should only take 2 hours.i was expecting it to take longer.im glad I was wrong.yeah
 
I got a call from the hospital yesterday.a,lady asking about what medecine I take and my medical history.ill be able to take my two prescribed pills and tylonel the 2 weeks before the surgury. I'll be able to use my pain creme till 3 days before the surgury. Those last 3 days will really suck.illl have no pain relief at all. I will be able to use a heating pad and meditate thank goodness,but I will really miss my cbd oil.this is going to suck.
 
If i am not at least half way better after this surgury I will feel cheated.this is the option of last resort.i really want it to work.
 
My doctor told me that a patient's positive state of mind can contribute tremendously to a successful recovery.
That is Now your job.
Positive reinforcement until surgery date.

You have Team Allena from the formidable forum BoneSmart on your side too!:yes:
 
I'm trying to be posative.i hate the thought of not being able to treat the pain though.theres nothing Posative about that.
 
Just three days of no cream.
I know that sounds unimaginable, and I'm glad you do feel it gives you some relief.
Mine got so bad that NOTHING at all helped and no amount of medication would allow me to even sleep more than an hour at a time.
A heating pad brought a small but welcome amount of comfort.
Really is going to be worth it.
 
Last edited:
I am not a optimist by nature so it's not easy for me to be optimistic. It's not a excuse-just a fact.Still I am trying to be more posative.
 
Mojo333.true.thats what I was referring too-the three days with no pain cream.
It most likely will be-at least a 95% chance.thats good.i was just complaining.
I'm sorry you're pain was that bad.i feel lucky by comparison .
Some days it just takes the edge off the pain.Some days it's halfway helps.it all depends,on how bad the pain is.
 
allena, try to take it one day at a time and not project. We only have today. We're not promised anything more than that. If you could simply focus on the day at hand, without looking beyond that, it may not feel so overwhelming. I understand it's a tall order because it's not your personality, but I fear all you're doing is ramping up your stress level with all of these worse case scenarios that may never come into fruition.

What if it's all good, what if your pain is minimal and easily controlled? You're already projecting that if you're not at least halfway better, you'll feel cheated. It's sad to see you put a gloom and doom spin on every scenario.

Try to concentrate on today only and do what you can today to be comfortable. Find something that energizes, excites you, or makes you happy. Something that gives you a zest for life and puts a smile on your face. Is there a "happy place" you can go to that relaxes you? A park, a conservatory, garden center, gym, scenic view from a bluff, beautiful spot by some water? Where do you find beauty / peace? Do you have any hobbies you can engage in for the next few weeks as a distraction?
@allena
 
I have been trying to take it day by day ture.all we have is today.ive been trying to distract myself.i could be far more pessimistic.there could be a complication .A big one even.i doubt that there will be.im just saying I could be far more pessimistic.
 
I hope it will be that easy and good.I really want that to be the case.knock on wood.
 
I am not trying to be sarcastic or a,smart elic.i hope you don't misunderstand what I mean.
 
I am not trying to be sarcastic or a,smart elic.i hope you don't misunderstand what I mean.
Not at all @allena ! We all know how hard it is to wait for this surgery. Just look forward to no more hip pain and enjoying an increase in activity post op.
 
I will enjoy that very much.It will be nice to not have to struggle to walk,or to have one leg a inch and half shorter than the other and to be able to sleep more and better eventuly.I'd be over the moon if i could tie my shoes.If my worse pain was a level 5 I'd regard it as almost nothing.(not in my hip,but in my knee and shoulder).My hip should not hurt or hurt very little.I'm going on there.
 
Hi ,allena! My new hip is now 12 days old. All of the people on bonesmart have been invaluable to me in this journey! The support and encouragement have been beyond words. I was scared not knowing how to prepare for this and what to expect. But on the day of my surgery I was like "Let's do this!:beer:I've dealt with this pain a long time. I worked in a bakery, long hours of standing in horrible pain! When I needed relief I had to stand between the wall and the dishwasher to keep my balance and get some relief by pulling my leg to my chest. I HATED relying on anyone to help me in my work. They called me The Terminator! To make a long story short, I can now stand with none of the awful thigh and knee pain. I am using a walker and every day gets easier. I would never have believed this pre surgery. I 'm just trying to pay it forward a little bit.A positive attitude is everything:egypdance:
 
huffycat.You're cat is cute:)
I' glad you're feeling better.:
I really am trying to be posative.It's not easy though.I think i am doing better than i was.
 
Huffycat.my inner thigh doesn't hurt.my right knee seldom hurts.its my left knee that hurts what hurts me is the actual hip area.doctors always assume my inner thigh hurts.it doesn't and never has.weird.theres no reason it should hurt.
 
Actually inner thigh is THE way that probably most hip arthritis presents itself. That's why they ask you about that. People experience groin pain and they don't immediately make the connection to the hip ... and so later when some doc orders an x-ray and tells them they have major hip arthritis, people are stunned.

Just a suggestion: I would consider asking my surgeon if there was ANYTHING that you could take to reduce the pain on the way to surgery. Often docs don't offer up out-of-the-box solutions until a patient really presses them.
 
My lower back hurt...I had sciatica..they were always looking at my back as was I.
I was shocked with an OA diagnosis!
I'd say my hips are perfect and it alleviated 90% if my back pain.
If that's as good as it gets...I'm good with that!
 
Back
Top Bottom