Hip surgery in my future

Oh, sorry.:unsure:
I thought you meant you were worried about afterwards.
You do seriously need this done...and maybe if you find a surgeon you are confident in...they can schedule it quickly.:yes:
Gives you less time to agonize over things.
:fingersx:
 
it's ok.That is concern of mine too.just my bad luck my hip will still pop!freaky things that rarely happen happen to me.:(I hope so.I really don't know how long I have till the hip pops.
 
Well....hopefully after you meet with the new surgeon you mentioned, or get a name from Jaime, you'll be able to schedule a date and commit to moving forward. You'll feel so much better once you have all this behind you. You'll be wishing you hadn't waited as long.
Hope you have a great day, allena!
@allena
 
I dont doubt ill feel better .so far this hasnt been fun.i hope you are right.i have a hard time believing ill wish that but anything is possible.
 
Good Luck, allena
I hope your appointment goes well, you get all of your questions answered, the surgeon is able to dispel your fears and offer you the reassurance you need to move forward.
A great week to you!
@allena
 
Thanks.I hope so.It should be a good week.I'll be going to my first meeting with the counselor on thursday.I have no idea how he can possibly help,but I hope i'm wrong.I would very much like to be.
 
I hope so too, allena
Counselor Thursday...appointment next week.:ok:
We can drive herself crazy when dealing with the anxiety of unknowns, but being in limbo indefinitely is worse!
You are moving forward and that's a very good feeling.
Doing Something!:yes:
You have lots of support right here!
:friends:
 
mojo333@I admire you're optimism.I wish I felt some of it.The closest I'm coming to it is resignation.I certainly do hope things will be ok.I appreciate the support.
 
@allena I appreciate that is hard to believe talking therapy helps. But it really can!!!! The main thing is to have somebody who you feel comfortable with and who is empathetic. Also, a good therapist sees your visits as having an end in sight and not dragging on. Hopefully you will discover things about yourself that will help you cope better with whatever problem you have gone to therapy with. The therapist is there to help you re frame a problem as they are detached and can see the big picture more objectively.

I have had lots of therapy over the years and the vast majority have helped me. You may well ask the very reasonable question as why do you still go? Unfortunately i have quite a few mental health issues that are completely hidden from the general public. I am always told what a happy, bubbly person i am! Indeed, it is only recently my husband realized how much my anxiety was running the show. That said, i am so much happier and in control of my life than i was and i really have made friends (most of the time) with my worries and try and laugh at myself.

Why am i droning on? Because i have been in some very dark places and i could not possibly see and way out except death. I am not for one second suggesting that you are depressed but understandably with all you have going on it is hard to feel hope. What i am hoping for you is the therapist helps you see some chinks of light and eventually the sun will come out again. The path you have ahead is not easy, no way i can sugarcoat that, but, with the support of people like Mojo33 who has been in there and knows the lived experience i think you will get thru this hard time.

I wish you well and i apologize for the oversharing.
 
it's ok.I don't mind.I am very familiar with that feeling.If i didn't get the surguy done it would happen anyway.I have NO choice!I'm trapped!the only way to escape would be to die.that being said I am not suicidal-though if I was this would drive me to it.I don't think i'm depressed,but im not happy either.I have come to the conclusion that I am special is a very bad way in this one area of my life.
 
You are uniquely you, allena.
My hope for you is that you can get a grasp on your anxiety by continually reminding yourself it serves no purpose to create unfavorable outcomes in your mind. All that worrying is not doing one thing to change the outcome your THR will bring. I understand you realize this intellectually but you need to start internalizing it somehow. With any luck the counselor can help you in that area. Does it mean you'll never worry or be anxious? No. But hopefully you can learn some skills...practice some coping mechanisms and begin to view situations in a more positive light rather than always assuming the worst case scenario will be your reality.
Best of luck on Thursday and wishes for your peace of mind.
@allena
 
Hey friend:wave:
Hope your appointment went well and you are having a good day.
Honestly, if I had the kind of wait you initially had, I could've psyched myself right out!
I put up with years of pain due to no insurance and then misdiagnoses...but once it all got sorted, I had six weeks and then Both hips replaced.
A little jarring to say the least !
Never want to make light of your insecurities...but hey, wouldn't have helped me for someone to reinforce my what ifs.
I had cheerleaders for my leap of faith too.

Hope you have a good night, tomorrow and weekend!!:SUNsmile:
 
Last edited:
It went well. Ill be seeing him in a few weeks.I am glad no one told you scary stories.I am glad they got to you so quickly once they diagnosed you're problem correctly.I figure with my luck it will take at least 6 months to get this fixed.oh well.so long as the hip doesn't pop.
That must have been really hard -to have two hips done at the same time.one will be hard enough I'm sure.
I hope you have a good night and a good weekend too.
 
It may not take 6 months, allena.
I'm guessing average is more like 2-3 months, in the states anyway.
Not sure about the U.K. because I don't live there.
If people start talking to you about the surgery negatively, politely ask them to stop. Don't listen.
And try not to read things that scare you. I'll bet you do just fine.
Hope you're having a nice weekend!
@allena
 
The doctors appointment went well.I'll be having surgery on november 12th.I was surprised -i figured it would take longer than that.He mentioned using a certain pillow for awhile.I can't think of the name he used.
This will be the hardest thing I have ever had to do.I can only hope that the counselor has some good advice.This will take all of my courage to do this.I'm not being negative-merely honest.
I do look forward to feeling better eventuly.and walking better.it will be the silver lining in this dark cloud.
 
Great news, allena!
You don't have long to wait....thankfully!
Surgery is difficult for many, we understand. You'll get through it. We all do. It does take a measure of courage. I'll bet your counselor will have some ideas, or words of wisdom for you. It will be your job though to put it into action.

You will eventually feel better and walk better and most likely sooner than you're even imagining. Try to start having faith that all will go well. After all, why not? And if you have a few little hiccups along the way, you'll deal with them.

We'll be here to lean on for encouragement as you await the 12th and also to offer support as you recover. I think you'll do better than you're anticipating.
Wishing you comfort as you wait!
@allena
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom