Hip surgery in my future

No way would it be useless to go to another surgeon! I've seen patients with numerous scratches and spots but it never interfered with them having the surgery. Only if the 'wound' was significant and on the thigh or hip of the area being operated upon. I myself have undergone surgery in such circumstances. Most surgeons wouldn't worry about it.

As for people dying whilst having a hip replacement, that really doesn't happen! I've been working in ORs doing joint replacements now since 1962 and have never, ever known or even heard of such a thing happening.

Did you know that there are almost one million hip replacements done every year world wide? And that hip replacement is the most successful surgical procedure in medical history? That's an awful lot of happy customers!
 
@jaycey.I think he walked away from me.I hope so.at this point I am just too upset to even try and find another doctor.
 
@ginny12.Thanks for the information.I don't mind it at all.I'll look it up.
 
@josephine.That's good to know.I just figured the anesthesiologist could mess up and that would be that.not on purpose,but i would still die.that is alot of people.I just don't have it in me to try again at this time.I am disgusted,dissapointed and have just wasted my time.I may try again later.:(
is it normally this hard a process or am I just unlucky?
 
How does this normally go?I am pretty sure in my case it went off the rails.
 
I don't think i will try to have a surgury done.I am done with this whole thing.I don't have the strength,mental inclination or enough bravery to do it.what will be.will be.
 
Wish you felt differently.
If or when you do, want your life back...instead of settling.
Let your friends on Bonesmart know.
We will be there for you.
:friends:
 
"You do indeed have a past, but not now! And, yes, you have a future, but not now. You can consume your thoughts of "then" and "maybe" but that will keep you from the inner peace you could experience"
Wayne Dyer, personal motivator

This is my motto for today. I put it on my thread.

If you can't do something nice for yourself, do it for someone else.
It will come back to you.
 
I did some looking into the symptoms of a hip popping out-it would basically leave me paralyzed!:(
when it pops they will have to do emergency surgury.lovely.My aunt reccomended a doctor to me.I'll be calling him up on monday.I fully expect a long wait to see him.It will be some time before the surgury happens-if he is willing to accept me as a patient.It will probably be posterier.He a older doctor.If it was anything less that a dire situation i'd never do this,but I don't want to be paralyzed.I hate that I have no choice,but I am not special that way.I'm sure many people have no choice and must have a surgury done.I hope this guy isn't such a jerk.
my main goal is to not have my hip pop out.anything else good would be icing on the cake.
I figure I am screwed no matter what.there is nothing good to look forward to in my future-at least not when it comes to my hip.I'm sure some good things will happen.
 
I guess down the road I'll walk better and stuff like that,but that's gonna be after all the stuff in between.
 
:yes!:Good for you @allena
I know you are expecting the worst but I'm so happy you are pursuing this!
:friends: It really is nothing that someone like you can't handle and it is all temporary!!!
Not something like yours lupus ..the rash that can't be helped....all just temporary!
I have faith in you.
Your story will inspire others.
Very glad you decided to go forward!:ok::ok:
 
I'm glad you're happy,but it wasn't a choice.I like being able to stand and walk.it's that simple.im between a rock and a hard place.
 
We will take it.
I'll be happy for you.
Hugs and wishing you a good night @allena .:loveshwr:
 
@allena.... should you get to the point of wanting to talk with another surgeon about your hip, I can help you find someone. You will just need to PM me with your current surgeon's name and let me know you want to see someone else. Things happen for a reason. This guy was not the surgeon for you. But there is someone out there who can help you. You are not the only person to be anxious before surgery. If you find yourself having these feelings, either your GP or your surgeon can give you something to take pre-surgery to calm you down. Being nervous prior to surgery is normal. Some people have it to a greater degree than others. But there are things to help you stay more calm.
 
:hi: Just stopping by to say that I hope today will be a better day.
:catbutterfly:
 
@jamie.I certainly do agree with you.He was not the surgeon for me.His name is Matthew Bullock at marshall orthopedic hospital.My aunt reccomended a doctor for me too.If you have any good suggestions I'm all ears.
I am interested .I have to be since the outcome will be so awful if i don't.
I could live with bone on bone pain forever,but not a dislocated hip.
 
I have two new hips allena..and early on I had a few slips and even some scary moments where I wondered if something might have hurt something.

Nothing has ever felt like I have come near dislocating my hips...they feel just like regular hips...that don't hurt anymore!
 
That's good.i am referring to my current hip problem.it is dislocating and eventuly will dislocate.im glad you're hips feel normal.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom