THR Hi Ho Hi Ho....

Exciting times @gillycat11
Shiny new hip, planning and looking forward to your daughter's wedding.
Pretty new dress for you too and maybe some dancing to celebrate!
Life is good....hope your week is too!
 
I am going to be off on Saturday, so was thinking of registering for JRAD. I have one question. Do I need to register with a new password or the one for Bone smart or doesn't it matter?
It doesn't matter. Personally I used my BoneSmart log-in details.
 
JRAD
There will be about of really smart folk discussing all matters concerning joint replacement.
And some of our own folks!
Also a way to submit some questions, so should be very interesting.
Glad you will be joining us.
Hope you are having a good week,
@gillycat11 !
 
Great week. Back in throws of it at work- doing proper job and not being more of an invalid than the patients.
Team still very protective.
@Mojo333 JRAD looks really interesting. May even be able to use some of it towards professional revaluation if I write it up and reflect on it. Think I'm registered although not 100% certain. Didn't have to make a password, haven't received an email, but when I tried to do it again because I thought I must have made a mistake it said my email was already registered. Just hope I'll be able to access it on Saturday.
 
I feel like I read somewhere there will be a trial run the day before to make sure all who registered
can log on. Hope I didn't dream that up. I'll do some looking around and verify...
What a worthless post:heehee: Fluff:rotfl: I'll be back....
 
Hey @gillycat11
Did you get the email from JRAD suggesting you log into the website
before the program to bookmark the page? I just received it today so I'm sure you will / did also.
Check..if you haven't already received it.
A great night to you!
 
Thanks @Layla, I got the email too and have been able to get set up ready. I had had a problem with my initial login but now it's been reset and is all fixed- a bit like me!
 
Left to own devices yesterday as everyone except me out at work. Lots of dog walking- over 6 miles in all. Was nice to get out without a set of waterproofs. The sun actually shone! At least I think it was the sun from when I can last remember seeing it!
Went car shopping too- not too successful. After hours of recent internet reviews I thought I'd found "the one" only to go to the dealership and find it had been sold! You snooze , you lose! So after a few more more dealerships and pushy salesmen, gave up and headed home. The thing is, before my new hip, and soon afterwards, my own car was uncomfortable to ride in, and painful to get in and out of; fast forward to now, that isn't the case. So I put on my shades, turned up the music and enjoyed a leisurely drive home again.
 
gillycat....you sound very encouraging... Happy to hear your out enjoying just a simple thing like walking the dog.
Amazing how the little things we couldn't do before THR and now is like a new lease on life again.

You cracked me up with you car search story and now you don't hurt getting in the car any more. Now that's terrific news.
 
Thank you @Hippielife, I had set myself a target of 6 months to either be able to drive the car comfortably without a gel cushion, or sell it and get one with a higher seat position. Now hip so much better that if I change my car now, it'll be because I want to, not because I have to.
Great fun this morning! We went to the coast with the dog. The weather was lovely. Spent a couple of hours scrambling over the rocks, looking in rock pools, and walking by the sea. Needless to say, the dog ( a black Labrador) ended up swimming in the sea. She loves the water.
Car ended up full of sand, dog ended up soaked and exhausted. Here we are 6 hours later- car hoovered, dog asleep, dog towel and blanket washed and dry and I'm still comfortable! Happy day!
 
So glad for a happy day for you:yahoo:
Think about where you were October 1st.
I often think about where I was physically and mentally this time last year.
Every so grateful for good day.:curtsey:
 
Normalcy! @gillycat11
Isn't it wonderful to be back to back to enjoying life's simple pleasures again without pain.
Long walks with the dog, car shopping, leisurely car rides listening to your favorite tunes.
Only 10 days away from your Six Month Anniversary. You're doing great!
Best wishes for a wonderful week.
 
So very true! @gillycat11
In case I forget on Thursday....Happy Six Month Anniversary! :loveshwr:
Wishing you all the best as you move forward :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks @Layla, I'm building up to a 6 month progress report on that day- so everyone beware!:heehee:

I found this poem for everyone who is struggling with elderly or confused relatives. I'm not sure who wrote it, but I think its very apt.
[Bonesmart.org] Hi Ho Hi Ho....
 
So so lovely, thanks for that, Gilly.
Compassion is the saving grace in this world.
 
That's beautiful! @gillycat11 Thank you for sharing it with us.
I had something something similar I was looking for a few weeks ago but couldn't find it.
Something I read on BS spurred me on to look, don't recall what it was.

Hope you continue to do well in your recovery.
It's finally Spring here, :happydance: wishing you a great rest of the week!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom