THR Hi Ho Hi Ho....

Happy Mother’s Day to you! We don’t celebrate it in states until May 13. I think maybe we should just celebrate both dates!
 
Great update! @gillycat11
I'm jealous, lol! I want to get outside too. It's coming!
I'm sorry about your daughter's accident. I'm sure it was scary for her.
Snow, snow go away! :tantrum2:
Happy Mothers Day to you! We'll follow here in a couple months.
Hope your weekend is wonderful!
 
Happy Mother's Day to you and all others in the other side of the pond.
Glad you seem to be doing well.
My daughter had her first, and hopefully last, fenderbender a year ago. She is 21.
Scary.
Hope your weekend is wonderful.
 
Yes @Mojo333 it is scary, but no physical damage to her- car's in having surgery now. It'll all work out in the end. She's my big baby at 24 years old. She is busy wedding planning and saving for Sept 2019 so is annoyed that the insurance will eat into her savings.
@Layla and @MammaT , I'm in favour of celebrating Mother's Day twice. Hooray for mums doing a fantastic job all over the world!
 
Another week down and oh what a week! I've been on the emotional roller coaster.
The hip recovery seems to have stalled. I'm back at work and split my days between office and ward work. Nothing's really hurt at the time, but at the end of the day I ache. Having previously had no problem getting up stairs, I'm now finding I really have to concentrate on lifting my leg again and tonight I noticed a dull clicking noise which seemed to come from my hip when I lifted my leg. It doesn't hurt but thigh just feels weak and tired.
By now I'd expected to be better than this.
Funny thing is, this afternoon after work we went for a 'proper walk' in the mud, wind and rain and afterwards everything felt a whole lot better.
Is this apparent decline over the last couple of weeks due to the fact that I've been having to spend more time sitting at a desk, without the opportunity to get up, stretch and walk around and haven't had the time to swim or do rehab?
 
I find that I stiffen up if I sit longer than an hour without getting up to stretch (my Fitbit and my bladder usually remind me to get up and move). I usually feel better after walking a few steps. At the end of the work day, I find that cycling some at the gym helps to loosen thing further - walking would probably do the same.
 
Yes @SaraK, you're probably right. Today is probably proof of it.
Been home alone as everyone out at work so have walked loads, moved about and barely been still.
Hip hasn't complained once. The dog's not too sure about it though. I think I've worn her out!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
 
This week is a lazy week.
I am on holiday because I have to use annual leave by the end of the financial year or lose it. So I've swam, and walked and booked 2 Pilates sessions. Also took @SaraK's advise about the benefits of static bike and had a couple of goes on that. Pure me time!
Today I had occupational health review ready for next week. Plan in place to increase clinical hours, reducing the desk jockey ones.
OH physio still thinks some strength work to do as issues changing direction and manoeuvring computer on wheels round ward area, but on the whole, happy with progress..
Looking back, it's hard to think that in a few more days, I'll be 5 months out.
 
Happy 5 month hipaversery
:spin::dancy::spin:
Yay for you doing well!
Four months before I got all my sleeping settled and started feeling super good around this time.
Remember what you felt like 6 months ago?
Really amazing what this surgery can do.
Hope you have a great week.:yes:
 
:goodpost: @gillycat11
Plain and simple "All's well". Love it!
Happy Five Month Anniversary :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks @Layla, This morning was a quick post travelling between sites at work. Busy busy busy today.
Morning doing training, but proper work this afternoon. I've done dressings, wound reviews, medicines - proper nursing again! Loads of walking- very little time to stop. NHS at its best, Boy have I missed it! Last week's holiday now feels ages ago.
You're right @Mojo333, 6 months ago I was doing all this and more, but with a background of discomfort, mobility issues and unhappiness. Ok I ached after work this evening, felt tired and a little stiff, but after an hours rest, a nice cup of tea, a short dog walk, and a long bubbly bath, life's good again. All without the need for pain killers too! Things are on the up! Now I think a nice cold beer's in order and some trashy TV.
Back in tomorrow to do it all again!
 
Bubble bath, cold beer and trashy TV sounds like just the right prescription to me! Glad your first day back to "normal" nursing duties went well.
 
:cheers:
Glad you made it.
Onward...:egypdance:
 
Cheers too to you, @Mojo333! From your thread it's looking like your need for a little drink's been greater than mine these past few days.

Less sore after work today- even after I did more hours! How's that work? Onwards and upwards!

Looking forward to the long weekend for Easter- planning a trip to meet up with daughter and her fiancé ,catching up on each other's news and partaking in one of my favourite pastimes- a good old fashioned shopping trip.
 
Great job at work @gillycat11. I have a desk job and four hours currently wipe me out. Thanks for the reminder that a few short months out we see huge changes. Keep up the good progress.
 
Yep, you'll be doing this in no time:chuckmarch:...Yessiree!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom