Guest viewing is limited

THR Hi Ho Hi Ho....

Hey, Gillycat - just checking in to see how you're doing. You'd mentioned looking for a new gym and maybe a trainer. I was lucky the first time around finding a trainer that, very coincidentally, was also a paramedic/EMT. I have some health conditions and it was very reassuring to me starting out to have someone with some medical background. He also happened to be working with some other rehab patients and took the step of talking to my PT along the way to make sure he knew the limits (although, he liked to try to bend the rules a bit - now why does that sound familiar?) When he referred me to a new trainer as he left, he gave me 2 trainers to try that he thought would be good. One that is a stickler for form and the other who has worked with rehab patients before. Check around and see if you can find someone that would fit the bill for you. One suggestion someone gave me was to check in with a trainer at your gym that does not work the hours you would need and see who they would go to if they were looking for a trainer in your circumstance. Also, try a couple of trainers and/or watch the trainers as they work with other clients. You'll get a good feel that way for how you'll be treated and know your likely response. There are a few trainers at my gym that I absolutely will NOT use - I know I would not react well to their version of "coaching" and "encouraging." The new trainer I am using is one that I had seen in action and was also one that was highly recommended by both my old trainer and the other trainer I had planned to try out.

Good luck!
 
Not been on for a little while-9 months out and doing just fine.
All work, swim,repeat. :swim::swim:On night shift tonight so chilling this afternoon- should be asleep but can't. Never was any good at banking sleep! I'll pay for it tomorrow when been up for over 24 hours! :tiredwheel:
Heading off for a weekend away with hubby, daughter and her fiancé. Will have to catch a nap in the car on way there.
Have been checking in on all my hippy friends but app issues forcing silence. Only chance of posting when login into site.
Take care everyone- thinking of you all.
 
Thanks for checking in @gillycat11 ! Sounds like you are doing great. Enjoy your weekend away - don't get stuck in traffic!
 
Work, swim, repeat? While boring is good in so many ways when you're thinking about THR recovery, I hope you're finding some "me time" and doing other things you love!

Enjoy your afternoon before you head to work and then get some sleep!:flwrysmile:
 
It's ok @SaraK, the swim IS my 'me time'. Should probably put a bit of walk and sleep in there too!:loll:
Alas- the sleep has evaded me this afternoon :bawl: Guess it's going to be LONG night. :sad:
 
Although less sleep leaves more time ... for swimming! (Pool open at midnight in your parts? Mine neither.)

Sleep loss is a female dog with puppies, if you catch my drift. I hope this little sleep deficit is quickly put to rights.
 
:hi:So glad you are doing well @gillycat11
I'm glad you are getting me time.
Hope the sleep thing gets sorted.
:yawn:
 
Enjoying new gym. Never did get personal trainer. Have kept on swimming, Pilates and now aqua aerobics. Hip holding up just fine. It's nice that aching is abdominal from abs work! And shoulders from poolside press ups!
Got my road bike out at weekend too- only 2 miles, but despite the fact it seemed easy enough at the time, groin didn't like it afterwards. Maybe just a bit too much.

Talking of too much, had my walking holiday in the Lake District. Covered miles each day and even climbed Catbells- one of the peak walks. Was fine going up, even the scramble on some of the bigger rocks but didn't like coming down too much as was scared I slipped on the loose scree. Should really have taken my walking poles but left them behind by mistake.

Loved it so much have treated myself to new walking boots and we're planning another visit later in the year.
Poppy dog loved it too! 4-5 hours of walking per day and loads of treats from the very pet friendly hotel staff, shops and bars! We all slept like babies with all the fresh air and exercise!

Hope everyone doing well and recovering well whatever their stage in the hip replacement journey.
 
Sounds wonderful! Great to see you doing so well!
 
:happydance:great to hear you are happy and healthy, @gillycat11

Worth the walk through fire, I think.

Hope the rest of your week is sweet!:angel:
 
:wave:Hi
You're doing great! Thanks for updating.
Lots of activity and you're handling it well.
May it long continue.
Enjoy the rest of the week!
@gillycat11
 
Hi @SaraK, @Layla and @Mojo333, things definitely on the up- not perfect but a very different place from this time last year.
Haven't been on much as still have issue with app and can't do anything other than read posts on there but can't reply and life too hectic to pull laptop out all the time!

Sorry you are still having psoas issues @SaraK. Hope you get some relief in the end, but my word- you seem to be going through the mill recently.

Have just been to my Pilates class- so much improvement since I started but I can feel there is still work to be done- quads still feel weaker on new hip side and I still can't exercise on that side on the floor without a cushion on top of my mat!
Id have thought I had enough padding with adipose tissue covering that area to dispense with it.
Now sitting with gentle all over tingle which tells me I've done enough for now.
Well maybe not quite enough because a little Labrador friend is needing a walk so I'll have to go.

Wishing you all a great weekend.
:good-bad:
 
Hi @SaraK, @Layla and @Mojo333, things definitely on the up- not perfect but a very different place from this time last year.
Haven't been on much as still have issue with app and can't do anything other than read posts on there but can't reply and life too hectic to pull laptop out all the time!

Sorry you are still having psoas issues @SaraK. Hope you get some relief in the end, but my word- you seem to be going through the mill recently.

Have just been to my Pilates class- so much improvement since I started but I can feel there is still work to be done- quads still feel weaker on new hip side and I still can't exercise on that side on the floor without a cushion on top of my mat!
Id have thought I had enough padding with adipose tissue covering that area to dispense with it.
Now sitting with gentle all over tingle which tells me I've done enough for now.
Well maybe not quite enough because a little Labrador friend is needing a walk so I'll have to go.

Wishing you all a great weekend.
:good-bad:
 
:tree lights: I've had my hip monitoring appointment today. :reindeer:
Hip Xray looking good. Range of movement good.
"Good" hip not looking so good. Specialist asked if I was getting much trouble from it.
Simple answer- not enough trouble to go double yet!
A bit sore now and then- not stopping me sleeping, walking, working, swimming or driving so in no hurry to lose it even if the the Xray's a bit dodgy. Just the old arthritis putting in an appearance there.
Not back for review until my hip is 5 years old.
Hope all my fellow hippies are doing well.
Have a super Christmas when it comes!
:santawave::tree::box:
 
:loveshwr:So glad you popped in! I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were doing!

Have a wonderful Christmas!
 
So good to hear from you... dont be a stranger.
Merry Christmas to you too:santa hug:
 
What a nice surprise. So great to hear from you.
Happy to read you're doing well. Sorry about Lefty. Hopefully you are able to hold off for a good long time.
Warm wishes for a Merry Christmas and a happy healthy 2019.
@gillycat11
:merry christmas:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom