Spex10
post-grad
- Joined
- Dec 3, 2016
- Messages
- 1,819
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United Kingdom
I seem to be managing OK on my own albeit at snail's pace and with lots of advance planning along the lines of 'where will I position my stick while I empty the dishwasher'. Sometimes I abandon my stick altogether for the wonderful ability to use both hands to carry something. Wild eh?!
I've not been outside since OH went but walk up and down and round and round the flat. I do find that the best way to tackle aches and pains. Still can't face icing right now. Swelling has continued to reduce which is satisfying.
One dark moment yesterday, the PT said to try to sit with both feet a similar distance from the chair--ouch and double ouch, I won't be trying that again soon.
I've not been outside since OH went but walk up and down and round and round the flat. I do find that the best way to tackle aches and pains. Still can't face icing right now. Swelling has continued to reduce which is satisfying.
One dark moment yesterday, the PT said to try to sit with both feet a similar distance from the chair--ouch and double ouch, I won't be trying that again soon.
It’s also why I avoid morning appointments as much as possible. Sometimes I’m up until 2-3 am so will sleep later in the morning on those nights. Whatever. Thankfully we are retired so don’t have much of a schedule.
It’s kind of the perfect job for when a knee replacement comes into the picture. Set your own schedule, and consider the whole ordeal as research!