TKR Here I go again!

I should write a paper on swearing as an approach to pain reduction in TKR. Unfortunately, I didn't record frequency, intensity or duration and the comparative efficacy of the various forms of expletive!
Och!
 
I’m glad to hear it’s been an uneventful recovery so far. I wasn’t sure if being more informed would be better or worse.
 
I'm normally not a swearing woman, but this recovery sure made me makes some slips!
 
Well I'm royally fed up today. I don't seem to have made any progress. ROM seems stuck. I hate elevating and icing. My knee burns when I elevate and my scar hates the coldness of the icing. On top of that it doesn't seem to help at all.
Have hit a wall.
 
I’m really sorry you are having a bad day. Do use ice or very cold water? I find I respond better to ice water

I swear huge amounts, always have, always will. No children, grandchildren to influence either.

It helps me a lot....but there are lots of creative substitutions one can use to release stress as well.

Still.....my language is erm, colorful.
 
Not to worry @Eeek. Swear words are just sounds in the air. Somehow they relieve pressure in a way that others don't.
I'm just having a down day. Even swearing doesn't help those.
 
Good to see you are doing well Spex10. I think I would be like you and only need paracetamol for my operated knee but my other knee is very sore so I am having to still take dihydracodin for it. Ice is hurting my leg too like you but I have persevered. I am glad your swelling is going down.
 
Lunch at my daughter and family's. Such a nice change of scene. Then, almost best of all, supermarket shopping! With a good trolley to lean on I absolutely loved going round picking things I really wanted rather than what other people had (very kindly) brought when doing my shopping. Ooh I did enjoy it! Probably good exercise too.
 
I loved those shopping carts (still do!) they are walkers in disguise!

I’m glad you had a good outing! :flwrysmile:
 
Nice that you got out and had a nice time with your family. I hope your knee enjoyed the outing. I still haven't done any grocery shopping, but plan to as soon as my new ice machine arrives and my knee settles down again. But I'll use the electric cart for a while as I don't want to overdo. Walking through our grocery stores is a workout since our stores are pretty large here.
 
Some of ours are huge too but there are smaller neighbourhood ones as well. Electronic 'carts' are available at one mall near us but are very rarely used. I'd rather walk for the exercise and the trolley is lovely to lean on and for support. Wish I could take it home!
 
I didn’t even try those electric carts, you need a comfortable bend and I was not comfortable in that bend for a long time!
 
Good point @Jockette. I certainly couldn't sit comfortably in one. I had to leave the table after a while at lunch as I simply couldn't sit with my leg down any longer. Worrying about my ROM reducing. Again.
 
I know it’s hard, but try not to worry. It’s very early days.
 
Hmmmmmmmmm, the carts I use are actually comfortable for my knee. I've used them off and on on bad knee days all these years, and my leg can either be bent like sitting in a chair or stretched out in front of me resting on the front sides made for that purpose. Maybe your carts are different. But when my knee is able, I will walk using a grocery cart to lean on.
 
Back
Top Bottom