TKR Full moon and Friday the 13th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @msmechanic58 for the honesty! It is greatly appreciated! I'm very lucky with my coworkers; they repeatedly offered to run errands for me today and for as long as I need them. Now if only one of them could hustle to the restroom for me between classes, I'd be all set:heehee:.
 
I've been doing pretty well during the day at work until I forgot to take my ibuprofen at lunch today. Near the end of my last class, both my knees protested loudly enough for me to waddle. During the day, on meds, it's not too bad, but I still can't sleep much. I'm starting to feel like a broken record with this whole sleep thing, but it's so frustrating and I'm back down to a 3 hour max. Uhhg.

My 8th grader decided to play tennis this season. She doesn't really know how to play, but wants to do something and there are few fall sports for girls and she's not really built for running cross country. The girl has courage, that's for sure.
 
This morning, feeling brave after 3 days back at work and knowing that I have tomorrow off, I walked up my stairs like a big girl, and it wasn't too bad! Yeah for progress! Yeah for quads slowly starting to do their job!
 
With Tylenol, it's critical that you take the proper dosage for it to be effective. I found this out first hand years ago when Josephine told me I was not taking it properly!!! You must take 1000mg per dose. That's two Extra Strength Tylenol. You can take this dose safely every 4 hours with no more than 4000mg in any 24 hour period.

If that's not how you've been taking it, try it.

@msmechanic58 this is for you in case Josephine doesn't get back to you...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@H2OPoloMom

Hi,
I have just gone through your very interesting & honest thread from your surgery date 13 June until your latest post yesterday.

Following your recovery had been interesting.

Most times, I've replied to your posts on other forums, but have started to read through some forums of other BoneSmartees from the start to get to know them better.

Enjoy your Saturday & Sunday,

Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
So I went grocery shopping this morning with my husband, and while I was standing in line waiting for the gentleman in front of me to finish, I glanced down at my feet to notice that my left foot (operated knee side) was red, but my other foot was normal colored in my sandals. Very strange. It's ok now, but I think I'll mention it to my doc next week at my appointment.

@marmora, welcome aboard and thanks for stopping by!
 
@H2OPoloMom

Hello,
Wondering what the red foot was, luckily you're seeing your doctor next week.
Maybe it's from your long day last week and being back in the classroom.

As you know elevation & ice over the weekend will help.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
I slept 5 hours in a row last night! It's been weeks since that happened, and it was glorious! Unfortunately, I couldn't get back to sleep and have now been up since 3am. Sometimes, even when you win, you lose. Of course, the reverse is true just as often!
 
Just got back from my "12" week appointment. My doc seems pleased with my progress and my knee. I'm a little more swollen than is typical at this point, but he's not concerned especially with me being back to school. He did say that the redness in my foot was due to the surgery which causes the capillaries to not work properly when standing. This also causes the extra swelling in feet and in some, dizziness when they stand. So, it's normal and will go away. At this point, I don't have to go back until my 1 year anniversary. He also renewed my handicap parking permit- for 6 months this time. I vow to stop using it though when I no longer kneed it.
 
@H2OPoloMom

Your OS seems pleased with your progress at week 12 and provided a good explanation as to the redness in your foot and swelling & dizziness.

Imagine what you will feel like a year from now, close your eyes and see yourself doing something that you are unable to accomplish now,...

My dream is a walking holiday with several,of my girlfriends along The Camino de Santiago - not the full 800 kilometres. But, doing about 15-20 kilometres/ day for about 7-10 days.

I sent a text to my friends the first day post-op putting it out there to them and so far 5 are on board.
Many of us are regular hill walkers and I was/ am in a hill walking club.

Take care tomorrow is Thursday so only two days until you can elevate & ice whenever you want.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@marmora your walking holiday sounds great! And good for you for starting the plan now. I'm planning on going camping AND hiking in Smokey Mountain National Park next year! I'm a big fan of the semi-improved trails, the waterfalls, greenery and views! I can't wait! In the meantime, I'll be glad to walk 30 minutes without having to give my knee a break since it's been a few years...
 
I'm glad to hear you got some answers. Hopefully you will be able to toss away that disabled tag soon!
 
I'm starting to feel like a poster child for tkr and bonesmart. It seems like everywhere I go, people stop and talk to me about their knees since it's summer and they can see I've obviously have had work done. It's like having a puppy. I've referred people from other doctor's offices, the grocery store, the mall, and school. Does anyone else experience this?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom