TKR Full moon and Friday the 13th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I slept 5 1/2 hours in a row last night for the first time in weeks! I would have liked to have gone back to sleep since i woke at 5 am and it is Sunday, but the queen knee said, "NO." Needless to say, schoolwork and laundry was started early today.
 
My knee is definitely protesting today. I had a meeting after school, and then this evening we had my daughter's middle school open house where we got to run through her schedule. I can tell you from first hand experience that she has to hustle from one end of the building to the other and back again ALL DAY LONG! I'm heading to ice, elevate, and fingers crossed, sleep without too much discomfort. Tomorrow will be work and a homecoming meeting to start building a float and picking music for mock rock!
 
@H2OPoloMom

Very impressed with a 5 and a half hour sleep ! Please post your 'secret'.
Last night I managed 12:30 am to 2:25 am -woke for toilet.
Then 2:45 to 5:15 woke with mild pain, now icing & elevating .
This is my usual pattern.

You had a very busy Monday & start of the week, no wonder your knee was protesting.best wishes for your daughter in Middle School.

Looks like your Tuesday will be just as busy !

Take care,
Cathie
 
Last night was horrid @marmora! I would have been happy to have your normal sleep schedule. Yesterday threw me into the ODIC, but I was too dumb to notice until I tried to sleep. Slept in half hour to hour intervals with my knee waking me up to say hello, remember me, take it easy please. Unfortunately, it came out more like HELLO STUPID ONE! YOU NEED TO TAKE BETTER CARE OF ME! DON'T DO THAT AGAIN! I groaned in pain every time I woke up. I can't imagine tonight will be much better because I've had zero time to ice at all today and tomorrow will be much of the same. Somehow, I need to figure out a way to ice more, do less, but still accomplish everything that I need to. If it's possible, I will figure out a way and hopefully before Homecoming is over.
 
@msmechanic58, they must be the evil sister(s) then. Mine is yelling just as loudly today. It's making me think that I should seriously consider taking a day off to ice and elevate, but I hate to do it...
 
I just finished watching "the Fault in Our Stars" with my daughters and my son's girlfriend. Great movie, great book (by John Green)! My favorite line... "It's a good life Hazel Grace."
 
@H2OPoloMom Hi there, thought I would stop by and see how you are doing. I guess Overdoing it would be an understatement? What is it about teacher's and TKR's? You all seem to be really bad about overdoing it. Can't you see if one of the students mom or dad would be willing to come help out a little bit. Or if you have a college near by, what about getting a teaching student to come and maybe get some extra credit in one of their classes.
 
@H2OPoloMom

Hope that you are progressing and that are getting a better nights sleep.

Although, that is the hardest for me. Usually, wake 2 times per night, but most of the time can get back to sleep.

Take care and thinking of you,
Cathie
 
Must be quick because I'm exhausted and still have a stack of grading... I feel like I'm turning a corner. This is finally getting easier. Even though I'm still swollen and taking my ibuprophen and Tylenol regularly, I'm walking almost like a girl again and even picking up my pace some. Sleep is getting better even though I'm still waking up a couple times a night. Stairs are still challenging, but not as challenging. Feeling pretty good overall and hope this trend continues. Thinking of all of you out there even if I'm not around much right now- I'm blaming it on homecoming, a new prep, and tons of grading. You should be hearing more from me again when things settle some.
 
Good Morning @H2OPoloMom

With your very busy schedule, no wonder that you are exhausted !

Glad to hear that you feel that you are turning the corner and that you see progress.

Keeping you in my thoughts until we hear from you again when things settle down for you.

Take care,
Cathie
 
I found out today that my son, along with two others are organizing a new intramural at his school- WATER POLO! Guess he really missed it.
 
Good Morning @H2OPoloMom

Admire your son and his friends for taking the imitative to bring Water Polo to his school ! You must be very proud.

Wishing you a relaxing weekend,
Cathie
 
So I'm getting better about stairs, but going down is tough. I keep hurting my foot with the way I'm landing. Have my muscles gone soft in my foot (operated side)? Does anyone else have this problem?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom