TKR Full moon and Friday the 13th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @kneeper, that makes me feel better. :) I will keep be careful with the buckling. I usually move slowly enough that it's not too hard to catch myself and it doesn't happen too often- no more than once a day...
 
@tiredwife, we have had torrential downpours today and a few boomers. When I walked into PT today, I was immediately asked how I was doing with the weather. Apparently, everyone who has come in today has had issues of one kind or another with the weather. Hope both you and hubby are having a good day!
 
@H2OPoloMom Hi there, so I guess weather is a factor! OS said everything looks good. The pain behind the knee cap, and in the muscle are from blood that has pooled there, and now that hubby is off the blood thinner his body will absorb it and the pain will go away. Stitches are out, they also took off the bottom steri stips. He can go back on his diclofenac tomorrow! For 15 minutes today his pain got down to a 3, so there is hope!
 
@tiredwife that is good news and hope is always welcome!

My knee wasn't the only cranky one today. When I got in my car to go to PT, it wouldn't start. No lights, no radio, nothing! My son was kind enough to drive me, but while I was there, he tried to start my car and now the spare "key" is stuck in the ignition. The battery is new and we tested it- full charge. So weird. I'm really hoping that I don't have to have it towed to the dealership...
 
@H2OPoloMom Man that is awful, It should be a law that nothing else is allowed to go wrong while recovering from TKR! If hubby was awake I would ask him about your car, I would suggest cleaning the battery terminals and make sure the cables are on tight.
 
Car is towed to the dealership, but they can't look at it until tomorrow. Bad knee day, again, but the sun is shining!
 
PT went well today. My knee cap moved the way it's supposed to and it wasn't too uncomfortable when she stretched for both flexion and extension.

I also made it out of the house to go out to dinner with my family as it's the last time with all of us because my son moves Into the dorms on Saturday. Very excited for him, but will miss him.
 
@H2OPoloMom Glad PT went good! Hope you had a good time at dinner. The first time children move out it is sad, but they have a habit of moving back home all the time. Most of the people we know have issues with grown children keep moving back in.
 
Big day today! I managed Meijer, Ulta, and the AT&T store (my son 's phone died today and he leaves tomorrow). Three separate trips with icing in between, but I did it:)
 
@H2OPoloMom when my 2 were little (2 and 4) my husband had to go to Iceland for a year (military) and me and the kids moved in with my folks, but I covered over half the utility bills, and grocery bills, etc. Don't know if they loved having us there, but they agreed to it. I wanted to get a job but mom wouldn't babysit, and sitters cost too much so I didn't work. My husband got a 2nd job in Iceland. With our kids it wasn't a matter of them moving back in, it was a matter of them not moving out! I believe my son was 27 when he moved out and my daughter was 29!
 
My oldest starts her junior year in college on Monday and has been living at home to reduce her debt load. This is the first year that she has taken out any loans. She's planning on med school, so anything she saves is a bonus. I love having her here and she has been immensely helpful (especially this summer). I'll really miss my son and his daily hugs! He's a keeper, but I have to let him grow up and out of the house.
 
Turned out that although the battery had a charge, the cells weren't working. Most expensive battery ever:headbang:. They did get it fixed and washed Thursday though, so that's a good thing.
 
Yesterday was kind of a big day for me. Went to a store to get new shoes for my youngest AND went to the mall. I only hit 2 stores, but I got a great outfit for a great price. Gave my knee a little ice and elevating then went grocery shopping with my hubby. Was moving pretty slow by the end, but I made it. It's holding out pretty well today despite my cryocuff meeting an untimely end in the night, and the tight band feeling that we all complain about seems to be getting better. Instead of it being around my whole knee, it's slipped to just the bottom part. Yeah for progress!
 
I called the company that manufactures my cryocuff unit today and they are sending me A NEW ONE FREE OF CHARGE! The best part is that it will be here tomorrow! Great customer service, no hassle, hip hip hurray!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom