TKR Full moon and Friday the 13th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true @tiredwife especially after the accidental middle of the night ice bucket challenge (well, ice bag) despite double bagging my ice. The gel packs were just not cold enough. It should beat me home from work tomorrow and I can't even express how happy that makes me!:happydance::happydance::yay::happydance::happydance:
 
@H2OPoloMom ugh.....bet that was cold. I remember a long time ago we had a water bed that sprung a leak in the middle of the night! What a nightmare! Just one more night without your cyrocuff!
 
Hopefully it was summer when the waterbed started leaking @tiredwife! Oh, it was soooo cold and such a rude awakening especially since I still move pretty slow in the night. Oh well, some day I'll laugh about it:heehee:.
 
@H2OPoloMom I honestly can't remember if it was summer or not, it was just a nasty feeling to wake up too. At least it wasn't as cold as yours was! Yep, a story to tell in later years!
 
I survived my long day! Left this morning at 6:15am and returned home just after 9pm. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but I am visibly swollen and my knee is hot. My new cryocuff arrived today and was iced and waiting for me when I got home (thank you hubby and Breggs). It feels so good! Icing, elevating and hoping to be able to go back tomorrow. Love my principal. He told me today that I'd get no Purple Heart for staying, so if I need to go, go. Have a great night!
 
@H2OPoloMom Wow, that was a loooong day! Hope the swelling goes down by morning! Principal sounds like a nice guy! Get a good nights sleep!
 
@H2OPoloMom I think everyone needs to be able to spend some time in a hot tub today! My back has been bothering me since Tuesday when I picked up my grandson wrong. Why does getting older have to hurt so much?
I hope you have a good time at PT, don't let them make you any worse!
 
Busy day today, school, groceries, cleaning, baking, laundry, mowing the lawn, and cleaning the house in an effort to be able to relax for the rest of the weekend. Poor hubby is going to take on a lot and I bet he's going to be wishing that he mowed last night. He's got the day off to go to a funeral for a friend of ours who past away at 41 from a heart attack. So sad.

I'm fairly certain that his patience is wearing thin with my recovery. He's been grumpy, not filling my ice for me, and even letting me run totally out of ice (our ice maker is really slow) which is not cool having joined ODIC with going back to work. He doesn't even recognize it, nor does he recognize the things I have been able to do and help out with. Sorry for the rant, but it's frustrating. I try to empathize, but it's hard because of how much I normally do that he never noticed and is now overwhelmed with. I figure if for years, I can work, water and mow the lawn, get kids to and from practice, make dinner, coach little league or ayso (depending on the season), grade papers and make sure uniforms are clean ALL IN ONE DAY, he can handle our reduced schedule now. It's no wonder I had to have a knee replaced at 40.
 
@tiredwife, a hot tub sounds good as long as I don't have to get out. My knee tightens up after a warm shower, but maybe the hot tub would be worth it for the rest. Getting older does hurt, and makes me wonder truthfully why youth is wasted on the young.
 
@H2OPoloMom Sounds like you and hubby need to have a little talk! I truly believe youth is wasted on the young too! Try to take breaks in your busy day! Have a good day!
 
Heading up to my parents cottage for a few days for the holiday. I'm most looking forward to getting some good sleep! I always sleep well up there! Also trying to figure out how we're going to get the boat launch and dock out of the water with our reduced crew...have a wonderful weekend all!
 
I have yet to get back into the boat. I've been afraid to walk down the boat ramp. I need to take that challenge though! I miss the water. :)

@H2OPoloMom - I've had that talk with hubby. When he saw how swollen my lower legs where and heard me groan in pain in my sleep, he realized what he was expecting was too much. I push myself hard than he pushes me though. So ready to just be alive and not worry anymore.
 
Wish me luck and determination this week as school starts for real! I can do this! I can do this!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom