TKR Full moon and Friday the 13th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiredwife, thanks for checking in on me. Have been crazy busy at school to the point that I'm putting in a good 20 hours on the weekends too! It's taken 5 weeks, but I used the stairs at school again today- yeah! I've been sleeping better, still waking up, but not every hour- double yeah! Hoping to keep moving in the right direction. Hope all is well with both you and hubby!
 
@H2OPoloMom Wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!
[Bonesmart.org] Full moon and Friday the 13th!
 
Thanks for checking in on me @tiredwife! The knee is doing fine, still swollen, sometimes wakes me up compliments of ODIC I'm sure, but what seems to be ok one day is not necessarily the next. Still better than before surgery and although it does like to give way sometimes when I pick up my pace, I am starting to trust it more on the stairs. I'm not doing anything dumb, but I'm living my life anyway.

Apparently, my husband and I are trying to get some of this traditionally older person medical issues out of the way while we are young. My 41yo, nonsmoking, nonobese, nondiabetic, non high blood pressure husband had a stroke this week. Nope, that was NOT a typo. He was in the hospital for three days while docs tried to figure out why and what to do about it because they don't all agree. It was a small one, and there isn't any lasting physical damage because the rest of his brain can pick up the slack, but wow, what a week.

Oh, and while I got the pass on the lovenox injections this summer, I am now responsible for giving them to my husband...
 
@H2OPoloMom OMG I am so sorry! I know they have a drug now they can give you if the catch the stroke in time and it will keep most of the damage from happening. I'm glad he won't have any lasting damage. Makes you wonder why things happen the way they do. I wish him the best!
I had to give my hubby his lovenox for his TKRs he just couldn't do it himself, he can't watch needles.
 
Hi @H2OPoloMom

Well I was just catching up on your thread. I'm so relieved to read that your hubby's stroke was a minor one but nevertheless at your young ages, that was one heck of a shock!!!!

I'm glad you managed to go back to work and hope you go from strength to strength. I wish your hubby well too.

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Thank you @tiredwife and @Nana moon 27 - my hubby is doing fine. They are still working on regulating his blood thinners as his numbers keep shooting up and down when they try to adjust it.

Merry Christmas to all of you!
 
Wow, just catching up on various threads and I am so sorry to hear about your husband's stroke. I cannot imagine how frightening this all must be for both of you. I sincerely wish you both an uneventful Christmas and sending healing thoughts your way!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
My knee is 7 and a half months new, and I'm definitely reaping the benefits of having it fixed! I don't limp at work anymore and I take the stairs up and down smiling as I pass the elevator! I am a little concerned about the continued clunking as well as the swelling. I thought by now that it would have gone down. Still, it's significantly better than my 'good' natural knee especially as we enter the bad arthritis season.

On a separate note, my dad had his knee xrayed the other day after several months of me harassing him and watching his gait change. Sure enough, he's bone on bone. He's visiting my orthopedic soon...
 
@H2OPoloMom just catching up and read the news about your hubbie! I do hope that he is okay now and. Doing better! My knees don't clunk anymore but do swell and it slows me down to a snails lace but all in all they are improving. We leave in 10 weeks for our big trip so praying for more improvement! Have you been back to the Dr and added him about your knee. My stair climbing ability needs work but I can manage!
 
Sorry you're continuing to get swelling. it may take a bit longer before that stops. Sounds like you're doing well though.
 
Thank you @kneeper and @plnppl! The swelling never goes away though sometimes it does get worse and feels bruised. BUT STILL SO MUCH BETTER than where I started!

10 weeks- sounds like time for a countdown! So excited for you @plnppl!

Off to an 8th grade band concert woohoo!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom