Guest viewing is limited

THR From Hipster Chic to Hippie Chic!! My Superpath THR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow everything is great but the thing I can't get over is how bad your before picture was. Even to an untrained eye like mine. This must be a huge improvement for you.
 
@M1ke yes, my hip was pretty much shot! On some XRays, you can see where my femoral head was cracked and over the years never healed properly, so it basically shredded cartilage and did a number on my socket before dying a slow painful AVN death :sad: Dr Grandic said that he was surprised that I was walking on it before surgery, so yeah, I'm already noticing a HUGE improvement!!
 
Nice new X-ray pic, and too funny about the charm!
Lol...
You are doing great!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
@hipster_chic Well lookie you and your new hardware. Fancy :) :happydance: Wow what a difference huh. I am so super glad you are doing so well I can't wait to see my xrays on the 29th of May..Sounds like everything is going so well and i couldn't be more happy for you my hippie friend :):friends: :loveshwr::egypdance: Sending good wishes and days full of smiles :yahoo:
 
What's up hipster chic? How's things going for you? It's getting a little better as time goes by. I'm so ready to move from a walker to a Cane. I walk around the house and out side of my house to enjoy me some Georgia air. I know in time all will work out just find..... be encouraged and let's take back our life. ..
 
Wow, hipster_chic - it's very encouraging to read your progress!! My surgery is in 11 days (May 20) and I am worried about being on my own at home, getting around! My brother is staying with me for a few days which is a relief. But from reading your reports it seems like you got around very quickly! (I have AVN by the way, too). Still nervous about this, but reading everyone's progress and experiences sure help!
Audra
 
Day #9 Report
Here's a learning moment: At 8 days post op, if one decides to spend an afternoon at the store & then out to lunch - generally walking a bit more than "normal" - be prepared to pay for it just a little bit the following day :)

In all seriousness, today's not too bad, but clearly my bionic parts are telling me "hey, you did a little too much yesterday"! My groin is a wee bit sore, nothing that can't be managed with my meds, handy-dandy ice bags and recliner, but um, yeah, I'm sore! :umm:

I also had my first official PT appointment today. I really like my therapist, he seems to share the belief that one shouldn't push to the point of hurting & you can tell he clearly enjoys what he's doing:yay: He had me peddle on a little floor bike thingy for about 4mins, do standing side lifts, and the ever-so-difficult (for me, anyway) lifting of the operative leg from a seated position. He feels like I'm doing well for 9 days post op though, and again, made sure that the exercises were not causing me pain. I'm looking forward to more PT next week!

Aside from that, I'm pretty much just taking it easy. Walking as I can around the house, icing & elevating & trying to keep myself amused with reading, movies, tv shows and music. I'll admit that my post op guilty pleasure has been watching episodes of Dance Moms - I know, I know, pretty low brow, but hey, it passes the time and amuses me!
 
@cami515 Just wanted to say hello and good luck on the 20th...Knowledge is power so use this and everyone on this site to get your ?'s answered and everything else you need to do to get ready and feel comfortable with your home situation after. BS has been my lifesaver, I have made so many great friends. Someone said to me once: "There is no I in Team" and I look at BS as my Team :).....I look forward to following your progress.. I am 9 days out and It couldn't be better....Other than my butt :heehee: sore from laying in the bed lol lol :)....All my best..Sue :flwrysmile:
 
@hipster_chic Great report :) So happy you are doing great. My guilty pleasure is watching QVC when i wake and can't sleep in middle of night not because of pain..just cuz..lol..I know could be $$$$ hahaha.....:)
 
Hey @cami515 - Yes, it's so good to have the BS community, isn't it? I'm getting around much better than I had envisioned before the surgery, but I also have help from my family here in FL, which is part of the reason that I decided to travel here for my surgery. I think it's great that you'll have your brother with you for a few days - even if just for emotional support - it's nice to have family or someone that you're close to around when you're recovering. Wishing you all the best on 5/20 :yes:
 
@hipster_chic Sounds like you're doing great, so happy for you:) My DVR was full of all my "guilty pleasure" TV shows. Nothing like a little ice, elevate and watch anything you want for a lazy afternoon:)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
clearly my bionic parts are telling me "hey, you did a little too much yesterday"!
Yes I have to agree. Shopping and lunch only 8 days out …. :yikes: Easy does it my friend. This isn't a race. One activity a day followed by a rest day might be a bit easier on that new hip and those traumatised soft tissues and muscles. Glad you are doing so well!
 
I understand hipster chic about getting out. My second day home I was out at the bank and grocery shopping. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
 
Your recovery sounds like its going so well! The move to a cane was a great milestone for me!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom