Guest viewing is limited

Finally I did it

I am no expert but I am pretty sure you can lay on your surgery side when it feels comfortable. My surgery was 5 days before yours and I can lay on my surgery side, not for too long then it feels uncomfortable.If I remember correctly , you had an anterior like me?

...and hooray for you- you are sleeping :happydance:
 
Hi
Is it normal to feel depressed at the recovery time
I hate to see my face in the mirror it is yellow with two big black circle around the eyes with a confused look,weak body
All my joints starts to make sound
I feel like there is one screw when released a little I will collapse
I want to stop all medications
What should I do?
 
@Nagwa.
Depression is quite common in recovery. Bet they didn't tell you that in the Hospital. If you head up to the top of the Post op forum you'll see a thread called "depression - post-op blues". Read through it and you'll get an insight into how mood can be affected through recovery. I myself went through quite a "low" period during my recovery.
Try to eat well, keep mobile, and push yourself a bit socially which can be difficult sometimes when the mood is not good. Perhaps even discuss it with a trusted friend or maybe your Doctor. Typing therapy here on Bonesmart is also helpful as there are always people who have been in the same position as you are in at some time themselves.
I'm going to tag @Miss Muffet and if she is patrolling the forum she will offer helpful guidance. Don't get too despondent you are nearly there just keep the good work and the spirits up.
Joe........
 
Thanks Joe
I don't know what happened today but I have a big feeling that I need to quit,I don't know quit from what
I don't need to talk or read or watch any thing ,just sit in silence
 
@Nagwa, this is not an easy process. You can read about the recoveries of other people which seem to fly by like a dream. Unfortunately, most of us don 't have that experience. We are up and down like a yoyo!! I have felt down on many occasions, and that is not my normal outlook on life. I would describe myself as positive and optimistic, but many times during this recovery, I have not recognised myself. Take your medication to time , and get outside and walk. Fresh air helps to make you feel better! Eat well and try to rest in between your activities and walks.
Enjoy the sunshine and your weekend,
Hope you are feeling better soon,
Diane x
 
Hi Diane
Yes you are right, I was active,responsible person always helpful
To weak and sad person I switched off my mobile get away from any social activities,and even neglect all my hobbies
Need to sit alone in silence
I will try to overcome these feeling but it is very difficult to do
 
Hi
My doctor was stopped the pain medication and I was having a lot of pain at the joint ,the pain caused bad mood for me ,
I start to to take the pain medicine agin
Some how I feel a little better
 
@Nagwa don't stop the pain meds until you have no pain. At nearly 10 weeks I still take the odd ibuprofen if I've done too much. Your recovery will be horrible if you are in pain all the time. No wonder you felt low. It is a BIG operation, however successful it is. Make sure you keep on top of the pain and you will feel so much better and able to exercise, socialise and do your hobbies again. I was able to keep on to of the pain successfully with a combination of paracetemol and ibuprofen which are over the counter medicines - I alternated them through the day and really had very little pain after the first two weeks. I do hope you are feeling a lot better now your pain is bring managed. Hang in there - each week you will see progress and we are all here to support you.
Sam xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm over a year.
Paracetamol is my Friend.
Great Painkiller and not hard on the body.
Keep a pack close by.
Take as directed.
You won't have to go to "Tablets Anonymous"
@sammylou99 is right. Keep on top of any pain and you'll hopefully be keeping on to of your mood.
Glad you feel better.
Joe.......
 
Hope your feeling better, I try to get out in the sunshine every time it quits
Raining as it makes me feel so much better. I'm six weeks almost 7 weeks and I still take Tylenol when I go to bed at night and more during the day if I am more overly active
Wishing you the best.





Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes ,I am feeling better after taking my painkiller again
Still trying to find solution to the pain in my foot due to injured nerve
I was thinking doing the surgery is the end of my suffering now I am suffering due to the injured nerve
Any way I think it is another view to the life I need to deal with
Thank you for all of you
Really I am feeling that I have good friends in the other side of the world
 
Hi every one
I need to know why the pain increase in the thigh when I set down and I feel like a shake in my all body which increase in my injured nerve foot and I have to stand up or walk or laying on the bed
This feeling prevent me from doing some duties to join the real life gradually
 
HI Nagwa. Ive followed your difficulty with pain in your leg. I think it will lessen for you over time, as this small nerve damage can be a complication of surgery? I hope till then you can keep expecting the best, because i know that a positive attitude helps the healing process! Plus it will help me if you get better soon, as I have my Left Anterior Hip replacement in July))
 
Hi BlueSkys
If we assume that the doctor didn't stop my pain medication early and the doctors take more care during the surgery and I didn't experience the pain of the nerve in my foot
I started to walk from the second day
After 15 days I left the walker and start use the cane
When they helped me here in bone smart to adjust my painkiller there was no problem with pain from the surgery any more
So my problems is not the surgery in its normal situation,my problem is some complications shouldn't happen
My depression was due to my pain which became better after adjusting the pain medication
We have here in Egypt Lack of interest after the surgery you have to experience the problem then ask the doctor to tell you oh yeah it's normal
Or please come to see you.....etc
And I have to admit that I am hastily person

today I am exactly one month post surgery,some times I forget my cane and return back to take it after few steps
Doing pool exercises twice a week except the nerve problem it is great recovery
So please feel relax it is big surgery but can completely OK
Its pain has a hope for tomorrow than the pain before the surgery with no hope
I will follow your recovery day by day God with you
 
Hi every one
Is there any one has an experience how to deal with the nerve pain in the foot
I have to return to the work after three weeks I can't put my foot in any shoes
If the pain still as it is ,what should I do
 
To be honest it doesn't sound like you are ready to return to work. Has your surgeon given you anything for the nerve pain?
 
Yes,
Lyric, , Tegretol and B12
They reduce the pain but very little and all doctors said it needs time
When I follow some similar cases I surprised that may be 6 or9 months
My doctor gives me 2 months off it is so difficult to be more than this
So I asked how I can go on in the daily life as I am I have no choices
 
I think you need to go back to your surgeon and ask for a different medication. The medication you have been given is not working for you.
 
Back
Top Bottom