Guest viewing is limited

Finally I did it

Hi every one,my biggest pain now is the numbness and burn feeling in my foot,I can't sleep from this pain ,I contact my doctor and he said that this is normal,is there any solution for this pain
 
If you had a TKR and not a THR, you're I posting in the wrong forum.
 
Your sig says TKR, not THR.

Where is the foot pain? If in the heel, place a pillow or rolled towel under the ankle to raise the ankle above the mattress.
 
Actually the pain in all the outline of the foot ,this pain response to the TENS pulses it can reduce the pain the doctor told me it is injured nerve and will heal with time ,but it so Annoying,it prevent me from sleeping
 
Hi,
yesterday the doctor removed the stitches,I am still having numbness and burning feeling in my foot the doctor said it needs time nothing to do
Which upset me as this feeling prevent me from sleeping so all the day I feel weakness and vibrate my foot all the time to Struggle the numbness feeling
 
If this is a nerve issue I am afraid it will take awhile to ease. Nerves take a long time to heal. Still early days for you!
 
Is there any therapy can reduce the burning feeling
 
Is there any therapy can reduce the burning feeling
Not really but are you taking any pain medication? If so, what medication is it and how much are you taking including how often in the day?
 
Yesterday when I went to the clinic to remove the stitches the doctor stopped all the pain medication ,the antibiotic ,and the anti inflammatory pills he advised to tack the pain medication when needed ,and I can't judge about this
Today I feel sick ,depressed and with no energy at all ,can not eat or even talk with any one ,do not change my clothes ,do not know what to do
 
If you have pain medication take it as prescribed until you start forgetting doses. At only days out of major surgery it is too early to stop taking anything for the pain. Taking pain medication "as needed" does not work when you are this early out of surgery. Stay ahead of the pain and you will feel much better.

You should also be icing and elevating. This will also ease your pain.
 
@Nagwa.
Please try to not get to despondent. Pain has a habit of sometimes affecting our mood (it does mine sometimes).
Far to early to be off all Pain Meds. I would suggest 2x Paracetamol/Panadol 4 times a day (4000mg max daily). I'm not a medical expert but this easily available painkiller does a very good job and is relatively harmless. If its not helping then I'd head back to the doctor.
Your mood (and I'm sorry to read about it) is related to your pain so try to get it sorted.
Hope you feel a little better soon.
Joe.........
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,Jaycey Irish Joe
After Jaycey i return Back to my painkiller dose
I could change my clothes ,eat and sleep 2 hours
I will stick to my painkiller for awhile I am not ready to yet to be completely off it
I feel slightly good
Thanks for your concern
 
I am confused why the doctor stopped pain medicine when you are in so much pain. Maybe things are different there in Egypt with pain medicine? ...but if you have pain medicine, then take it! How to judge is, if you are in so much pain it is making you despondent, then now is the time to take it. If you cannot sleep because of too much pain, then take some before bed. Rest is SOOO important. Being in pain, like Joe said, can make you feel depressed. Also, there is a time, sometimes, after having major surgery, where feeling low is normal. I know it is not fun, but some of it is normal after surgery. I am so sorry you are struggling, I truly am and I wish you luck sorting it all out. -Cathy
 
Thanks Cathy ,actually most doctors here prefer to be in pain than addict
The painkiller pills,also they put the stomach and the kidney into consideration
If any symptoms can be cured with time ,then it's OK no problem with some suffering ,any way I can't I am so fragile when I am in pain
I returned back to my painkiller medicine and try to find any therapy for the numbness and pain due to injured nerve in my foot ,I have to avoid depression to move on
Thanks Cathy
 
I'm sorry you are having a rough time. It makes you tired when you are in pain, and then harder to deal with pain - a mean circle. I'm thinking of you and hope you get some relief.
 
Thank you Labanan ,yes it's hard times I hope to be just memories
When I start take my painkiller medicine again I feel better ,hope the burning feeling in my foot due to injured nerve goes better also it's my big pain now ,l hope this will be just a memory
You have a big journey to return home after surgery but now it is just a memory ,happy for your recovery
Thanks for your support
 
So glad you are back on your medication. It does make a world of difference when your pain is controlled.
 
Yes Jaycey you are right with pain it's so difficult to manage any thing even washing my face
 
Back
Top Bottom