Guest viewing is limited

Finally I did it

Nagwa.
You have had a tough week because of work
Its likely all from doing so much.
Reward yourself this weekend with a bit of pain medication and much rest, elevation, and ice.
Great progress.
Joe......
 
Hi, @Nagwa

I am sure that @Irish Joe is right - I am not sure what kind of work you do, but are you able to rest your leg, elevate or ice it while you are at work?

Best wishes
Peter
 
Hi
I'm production manager engineer in a factory producing small home appliances,so I have lines to follow up the production rate,problems,quality....etc
So I have to stand and walk from time to time but I can elevate my leg for about half an hour at the rest time ,I can put the ice pack on my hip inside my clothes
But I have to stand and walk
 
Thanks Joe
Thanks Peter
I think as Joe recommend I have to rest at weekend
I hope I can go on
 
Hi everyone
I returned to work from 12 days after two months post op
I have a new problem which is swelling foot from the second day at work
I tried the compression stockings up to ankle it helps to reduce the swelling and after returning home I elevate my leg as I can
My husband worried from the compression stockings as it is not a doctor advice ,I did it from my self
So any one have an advice about this
Thanks
 
I think your foot is probably swollen from all the extra work its doing.
This happens to me from time to time still.
Also you may be walking differently (better) since your op and your foot needs to readjust.
Another issue could be shoes. Especially at work are you using an old pair of work shoes. If you are you should change them as they will have the old limping wear pattern on them.
Ice and elevate when you get home also.
Your doing really well Nagwa.
Joe.......
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Joe
Of course I did extra work but I hope this is better to me
For my foot before op it was in a Avery bad angle and now it tries to readjust you are completely right
But I can't wear my old shoes because of the nerve pain,I was in need of a special design to be far from certain point at my foot,so Accidentally I do not wear my old shoes without being aware about about what you explained
Thanks Joe
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Could you provide me also with your advice Josephine
As I really suffering from swelling foot beside nerve pain
Thanks
 
Hi I was having an Internet problem,it's OK now
1- it's 4
2- profin 600 mg
3- moderate
4- every day at work till from 8 am till 3 pm ,I am doing most of my house work except shopping as I am still using the cane
5-I can't do any exercise at home ,at work I have to stand and walk most of the time when returning at home I feel so exhausted
6- going to the pool 2 times a week
Walking forward
Walking backward
Walking by side
Static exercises in the pool for my leg
Lefting up forward 4x15
Lefting up backwards 4x15
Lefting up by side 4x15
Muscles stretch by the therapist
Balance on my surgery leg 4x15

Sorry I can't reach the formate you mentioned
 
Could you provide me also with your advice Josephine
I moved these two posts into your own recovery thread as where you posted them was somebody else's recovery thread. Not polite.

However, you've not answered the questions properly.
You've not told me how many sessions you do each day
Nor an I sure what you mean by "Lefting up forward 4x15" - what's 'lefting'? Never heard that term before.
And what do you mean by '4x15'? Is that 4 times you do 15 reps or what?
I cannot answer without the detail.

Also what is profin - I Googled it and it came up with nothing. Did you mean Novo-Profen or ibuprofen?
Also how often do you take it, every how many hours?
 
How you told me it is not polit
I do not know how to use this forum
That dose not mean I have no morals
Ok forget it
I am not in an exam, I was thinking it is for supporting not for indignity
I do not need any help
Many thanks for you
 
I will remove it from my tablet
You cause high blood pressure for me
I don't forgive this
 
I think @Nagwa is talking about lifting the leg toward the front and lifting toward the back. That was a standing exercise I had. I'm not sure if that's the same for hips as knees. For 4x15, are you saying 15 repetitions 4 times per day? Correct me if I'm wrong Nagwa.
 
Hello @Nagwa ,
Please don't stop posting here. We're all very interested in reading about your recovery and the issues you're experiencing during this period. Josephine is just a little bit direct, sometimes. She doesn't mean to moralise. It's just the etiquette of this forum that you're supposed to post on your own recovery thread if you have a question - not on somebody elses recovery thread. Am I right in thinking that way, Josephine :)?
I think it's positive for this forum to become more international. I'm reading with great interest how hip recovery works in Egypt. I'm German. I think I'm the only German posting here so far.
I think your swelling is caused by the heat. I admire you for doing such a demanding job so soon after the operation in such a hot climate. We are experiencing a heatwave in Germany at the moment with temperatures above 30°C, but probably nothing like as hot as in Egypt. The best method of getting rid of your swelling in the heat is to rest, ice and elevate. Painkillers like iboprofen will probably not help. And try to drink lots of water at work.
Also: do you have air conditioning? Does your work involve a lot of standing and walking? Can you wear comfortable sandals to allow your feet to breathe at work? If you don't have air conditioning, if you have to stand a lot, and if you have to wear elegant/closed shoes/with high heels possibly with socks or tights, it's not surprising you get swelling. I had that experience, too, in the heat, even when I was not recovering from an operation. It's perfectly normal. Don't worry about it. At least the swelling should go away after you had the opportunity to rest in a cooler room, and maybe with some ice. All the best for you, your recovery and a more pleasant time at work!
 
Hi @Constanze
Thank you so much
Really I passed with very bad night yesterday I had to take Xanax to sleep
Honestly this is my first time to use the social media,actually I hate it's time consuming
Put when founding this forum I could not believe how great it is
Our operation comes after years of pain and suffering it affects our mobility and our look to the rest of the life ,the surgery is dangerous and complicated .
So it was great to talk to each other about our feelings,experiences and support each other,I learned a lot from you
But yesterday I shocked,what I did ?
Wrote in another thread,this means that I am confused not impolite
We all 50+ we deserve respect. I am sorry I am still angry
As you are still interested to discuss my swollen foot
I am production engineer most of my work hours (8 h)
I have to stand and walk around the lines of production
We have air conditioner but the temp reached 49 degree Celsius the last days,I can wear what I want
But I am sure that my job isn't comfort but the good news I will get an assistant the next month
If you want to know how it's going at Egypt,with every new symptoms or pain you have to contact the doctor to advice you ,which was so great here all information and possibility in on place supported with great people.
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you
 
Hi @Nagwa

I agree totally with @Constanze - please keep posting!

I am sure no offence was intended and it is so interesting to hear about your experiences and issues in Egypt

With best wishes
Peter
 
I think we'll all take a deep breath.
And carry on.
Hope you keep posting.
Joe.......
 
yes I agree Nagwa!! Please don't leave!!!! Your journey is important to all of us and we are all here for you!! Hey I understand ....my kids are always making fun of me ...electronically challenged they call me!! Hahahahaha best regards and I am hoping your getting better everyday ! :) :):)
 
Back
Top Bottom